hitting a dog

When did I ask that.
? I said I knew it would be different if I hit it in a driveway. All you are doing is giving me a primer for whats ahead. Kudos.
But when you are honest, as I am, you win. Truth stands tall. I do not know that I hit it. If I did it was on a public road. I do not think I did as I never felt the dreaded bump, yelp, etc. It was in the weeds, all I saw was a spot of white which I recognized as his pet as I have seen him out with him many times in my career. That is why I slowed. He gave no indication I needed to stop or I would have. I was certainly going slow enough to stop. And he was at my p side door when I went by, and not running or charging, which he never had in the past, I assumed he was doing his business. I think he was dead, earlier aka the skid mark in the road, I was wrong place wrong time girl. And what you seem to forget in your vitriol, is I dont give a flip about the charge, the loss of a safe driving year, even about the pcm. I did not, would not hurt any living thing. I do my best to avoid that every day. 23 yrs of safe driving as you should know is not all luck. Have a great day.
Have a beer and shut BC off.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Slow down, pay closer attention and quit hitting dogs.

Hope this helps.
I've never paid any attention to you. But I will now since this post was reported. I went back and looked through some of your other posts. Welcome to the mod queue.

TROLLING. What is trolling? Making extreme rude, disparaging or inflammatory comments just to get an emotional response.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#tldr

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The problem is UPS believing what a customer claims instead of looking at the facts. I had a complaint about hitting a dog but telematics showed I was miles away from there that time of day so center manager dropped it.
this guy speaks broken English, brown truck is all he could say. besides you kill my dog

10 point

Flavor of the day. You are always wrong.

Whatever ,just give me my paycheck.
When did I ask that.
? I said I knew it would be different if I hit it in a driveway. All you are doing is giving me a primer for whats ahead. Kudos.
But when you are honest, as I am, you win. Truth stands tall. I do not know that I hit it. If I did it was on a public road. I do not think I did as I never felt the dreaded bump, yelp, etc. It was in the weeds, all I saw was a spot of white which I recognized as his pet as I have seen him out with him many times in my career. That is why I slowed. He gave no indication I needed to stop or I would have. I was certainly going slow enough to stop. And he was at my p side door when I went by, and not running or charging, which he never had in the past, I assumed he was doing his business. I think he was dead, earlier aka the skid mark in the road, I was wrong place wrong time girl. And what you seem to forget in your vitriol, is I dont give a flip about the charge, the loss of a safe driving year, even about the pcm. I did not, would not hurt any living thing. I do my best to avoid that every day. 23 yrs of safe driving as you should know is not all luck. Have a great day.
We were told several yrs ago that a dog strike was not an avoidable accident and no driver has been charged with an avoidable since although some have hit and killed one.

A driver killed one with his rear tires while driving down the road and the center manager (who became our DM) told the driver that if he could not figure out which property the dog came from to keep on trucking and don't worry about it.

If the dog isn't on a restraint in a driveway when you back over it you are not guilty of an avoidable here in our building.
Should be at least the same for Toonertoo if she's in our State.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The problem is UPS believing what a customer claims instead of looking at the facts. I had a complaint about hitting a dog but telematics showed I was miles away from there that time of day so center manager dropped it.

UPS does not always believe a customer and will always look at the facts.

We had a driver who was involved in an accident the other day. Our guy did everything right and the center manager stood behind him. Unavoidable.

We also had a concern where one of our guys was supposedly doing 55 in a 35. Telematics supported the concern.

oldngray

nowhere special
We were told several yrs ago that a dog strike was not an avoidable accident and no driver has been charged with an avoidable since although some have hit and killed one.

A driver killed one with his rear tires while driving down the road and the center manager (who became our DM) told the driver that if he could not figure out which property the dog came from to keep on trucking and don't worry about it.

If the dog isn't on a restraint in a driveway when you back over it you are not guilty of an avoidable here in our building.

I knew drivers on some routes that hit dogs several times and since it was in the street not charged.

It was a dog not a person. I wouldn't get all fired up over it. I don't want to kill anyone's pet but things happen. Irresponsible pet owner.

10 point

Next time just stop the truck everytime there's a dog in sight.
Call the center manager and tell him you need someone to come and restrain the dog while you continue on your route.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
UPS does not always believe a customer and will always look at the facts.

We had a driver who was involved in an accident the other day. Our guy did everything right and the center manager stood behind him. Unavoidable.

We also had a concern where one of our guys was supposedly doing 55 in a 35. Telematics supported the concern.
too bad, I was doing 5 in a 25

iowa boy

I'm telling you we were told if we run over a dog anywhere, its an avoidable.

I hit one a while back. Ran out into street, not on a leash, and I got him. Didn't kill him, was charged but ruled it an unavoidable because of the circumstances. (Not gonna divulge circumstances as it will identify my location.)