Is Ground really getting E2 and XS?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So Fred made an investment in 98 to buy Caliber systems. He used stock to purchase it. Are you saying that the stock belonged to you? Fred has made alot of money off that investment. Are you saying the initial investment somehow beloned to you? Somehow Fred buying Ground screwed you (in your own mind) but I am having trouble seeing how except that your own position is not as important as it once was. Or maybe that when R1a was telling folks to get put, you still wore purple tinted glasses? Anyway you cut it, the way you see things is hateful like a spurned mistress.

We are the spurned mistress that is still expected to put-out every day.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I will also provide you the bare minimum acceptable level of service. A few years ago, I would have never dreamed of saying this, but things have changed significantly, and not in a good way for employees.

If your package is going to a residence, I will wait at the door for 30 seconds, and if nobody answers, I won't try to indirect it. If it can be released, I just leave it at the door and have no interaction with the customer at all. If it's an ISR/ASR/DSR, they will need to pick it up at the station if they want it the correct day, because I'm not going back.

At a business, I won't go to any extra effort if the package has the wrong suite number, floor number, or if they won't take it at the first place I try. "No, that needs to go to Shipping/Receiving" or the converse "They need that at the front office". I just leave and code the package as refused. If I have to go back later for a pickup, maybe I'll deliver it...maybe not.

On pickups, I no longer assist customers. If they have a problem with an International Airwaybill or DG, I just code it as "not ready" and leave, telling them to call the 800 number and to ask for assistance. Even if it's an easily correctible problem, I simply do not care any more. I won't wait at a dropbox, and I don't help anyone out. I've been around long enough to know how to stretch my day if I have a light pickup schedule, which is rare.

If my truck is double-parked or otherwise illegally parked, I tell the cop or meter maid to tow it if they threaten to do so. I'm expected to park illegally, so they can figure out how to retrieve their truck if it gets towed away. If there is a problem with the vehicle, I park it, because even if it's just running poorly that day, any accident or damage to the vehicle will be blamed on me, so I call my manager and ask for another vehicle. If my PowerPad locks up, I don't hustle back to the station. I sit and ask that a replacement be brought out to me. If I do have to return to the station, I take my time, my full break, and let them deal with the pickups or deliveries I can't get to.

I could care less.

Four days later: "Consider the new Express employee. You know, the one who could give a crap about customer service or SPH.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/overvalued-fedex-stock-348714/#ixzz2MV4qH3oJ"

Wow, MF, I didn't know you were new!

Chumpy

Cactus,I hear horror stories all the time about Ground. Again,a lot of these drivers work for the route owner and probably get lousy pay with no benefits so why SHOULD they care?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I mentioned to my multi-route Ground and HD Contractor Boss a few months back that he should target disgruntled and hours\cut Express Couriers as qualified and reliable drivers. He scoffed...but reading these posts reaffirms my idea.

Last edited:

overflowed

I mentioned to my multi-route Ground and HD Contractor Boss a few months back that he should target disgruntled and hours\cut Express Couriers as qualified and reliable drivers. He scoffed...but reading these posts affirms my idea.

How so? Just curious on why. I'm not being a smart arse. And welcome.

Code 82 Approved

I work for a really good contractor, perhaps qualifying new drivers has become so impossible for him the only pool he can draw from is Express couriers by design. Hmmm

northbound

I call bull **** here just another express employee who thinks they sit on the right hand of God!

First off I want to say that I am not an employee of FedEx, I am a shipper.

I saw a few posts about Ground getting E2 and XS. Is this really going to happen? I ship about 20 E2 packages a day, and I do not want those lousy contractor Ground drivers delivering my packages. I want them to be delivered by the much better Express drivers.

I sell expensive items, each of my packages is worth about 1k, which is why all my packages go E2 unless someone selects overnight shipping. I do not want my packages mixed with the Ground ones either, which is the reason I started using FedEx instead of UPS about 5 years ago.

If E2 and XS are really given to Ground, it is very likely that FedEx would loose my 15k/year account to UPS, despite their packages are mixed with Ground, their drivers are still better then the FedEx Ground drivers.

Would my E2 packages still have the "E" on them or would they start to have the "G" like Ground packages have? E2 would still have to travel by air, so I'm assuming it would only be switched to Ground drivers, correct?

And when is this supposed to happen? Sorry for all the questions and if I sound like a newbie, I have never posted here bus occasionally read a few posts, and I'm sorry to hear all the things you guys are going through now. I never thought it was going to be like this.

Code 82 Approved

I asked to pickup shifts at HD on Saturdays for extra money a few peaks ago, because I am "qualified", our former terminal manager shot that down immediately. No reason given, it was never discussed again. New terminal manager...and my contractor owns HD routes now...I will ask and report back.

It's not about what division I do work in, it's more about getting my Corvette at 50 on time.