It was a promising job once

slowdriver

trump_clinton.jpg

vantexan

Yep, and the Kochs are going to spend big this year. Righties love to poke fun at Obama, but he's done pretty well for someone who grew up without a Dad and was quite poor. Kind of reminds me of that white trash fellow in Arkansas who became a Rhodes Scholar and two-term President.

Trump? Born with a golden spoon in his mouth, which has been replaced with his foot. Effing idiot.

Republicans are really dumb (in general).
Yes, the Democrats gave us the welfare state way back when and nearly broke the country with spending under Obama. Clinton is a liar who could care less about the common man. If you think she does then don't be calling others idiots without looking in the mirror.

DontThrowPackages

Yes, the Democrats gave us the welfare state way back when and nearly broke the country with spending under Obama. Clinton is a liar who could care less about the common man. If you think she does then don't be calling others idiots without looking in the mirror.
If I could swap out Hillary for Elizabeth Warren, I would. Big business created the welfare state by sending good middle class jobs over seas. That's all.

DontThrowPackages

I thought that was the whole point of my post.

So you no longer need to keep bring up Bush jr., Bush sr. , or any former president that has no real bearing on current issues.
Ok just remember your statement if Bush or CEO HP is the next president. We won't hear any mention of Obama yes? Doubt it.

vantexan

If I could swap out Hillary for Elizabeth Warren, I would. Big business created the welfare state by sending good middle class jobs over seas. That's all.
No, the welfare state started with Johnson's "Great Society." Electing Hillary or Warren is just more of the same growing Big Government. We really can't endure much more of the spending that entails. It's about time we elect someone, and I really don't care which party, that understands what it takes to run an economy. It's time we put more people to work because, in case someone doesn't understand, you can't continue to increase the number of people receiving entitlements from the government while decreasing the number of people working who pay for it all. It's simple math. We can wave partisan, ideological flags all we want, but if we don't start taking care of business, both the kind we all loathe as well as the mom-and-pop's, this country is doomed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, the welfare state started with Johnson's "Great Society." Electing Hillary or Warren is just more of the same growing Big Government. We really can't endure much more of the spending that entails. It's about time we elect someone, and I really don't care which party, that understands what it takes to run an economy. It's time we put more people to work because, in case someone doesn't understand, you can't continue to increase the number of people receiving entitlements from the government while decreasing the number of people working who pay for it all. It's simple math. We can wave partisan, ideological flags all we want, but if we don't start taking care of business, both the kind we all loathe as well as the mom-and-pop's, this country is doomed.

Oh, you must mean the huge US corporations that bitch about corporate tax rates and then pay next to nothing in actual taxes. You know, like FedEx and GE?

You don't create a successful economy by making the country into a big RTW paradise like Texas, unless you define success as the elimination of the middle class. Thanks for those great ideas, Governor :censored2: Goodhair, whose professorial new glasses can't hide the fact that he is a huge corporate whore.

You're a walking, talking example of crap wages and benefits, and you're still a Republican. Go figure.

vantexan

Oh, you must mean the huge US corporations that bitch about corporate tax rates and then pay next to nothing in actual taxes. You know, like FedEx and GE?

You don't create a successful economy by making the country into a big RTW paradise like Texas, unless you define success as the elimination of the middle class. Thanks for those great ideas, Governor :censored2: Goodhair, whose professorial new glasses can't hide the fact that he is a huge corporate whore.

You're a walking, talking example of crap wages and benefits, and you're still a Republican. Go figure.

Create an environment where businesses can feel safe to invest and expand and you'll get better wages and benefits as they compete for workers. That includes small businesses too, not just the huge corporations. By the way, we aren't owed a great living by anyone. We have to earn it. But the mentality seems to be either the businesses give us what we want or we'll let Uncle Sugar take care of us.

By the way, while the country as a whole was going through a tough time Texas was thriving. Meanwhile Obama did very little to increase jobs, but sure expanded entitlement spending.

l22

So you want a narcissistic liar with no accomplishments whatsoever to be president of the usa?

There are only 2 choices that have a chance of winning - a Democrat and a Republican and I sure as hell don't want a Republican. I have colored skin, sir.

slowdriver

Yes, as these same companies that pay virtually no taxes buy politicians to enact laws to drive down wages, ie Railway Labor Act, Free trade (pick an acronym), h1b visa workers etc.. the environment seems very favorable to me.. for corporations...

vantexan

Yes, as these same companies that pay virtually no taxes buy politicians to enact laws to drive down wages, ie Railway Labor Act, Free trade (pick an acronym), h1b visa workers etc.. the environment seems very favorable to me.. for corporations...
The environment is very disfavorable to small businesses and incentives are needed for them to thrive.

vantexan

There are only 2 choices that have a chance of winning - a Democrat and a Republican and I sure as hell don't want a Republican. I have colored skin, sir.
As I recall the Democrat Party had members of the Ku Klux Klan like Robert Byrd. Dr. Ben Carson made some excellent points at the Republican debate recently and is one of a number of Black men and women out there who'd make a great President.

DontThrowPackages

Create an environment where businesses can feel safe to invest and expand and you'll get better wages and benefits as they compete for workers. That includes small businesses too, not just the huge corporations. By the way, we aren't owed a great living by anyone. We have to earn it. But the mentality seems to be either the businesses give us what we want or we'll let Uncle Sugar take care of us.

By the way, while the country as a whole was going through a tough time Texas was thriving. Meanwhile Obama did very little to increase jobs, but sure expanded entitlement spending.
That's not true. Tax cuts for the rich and company owners where put into place so Jobs and growth would be created. And what happened when given the gift of keeping more of their money? They figure out ways to make and keep even more of it. If you tell a kid, if he does 8 jumping jacks he can have 8 pieces of candy and after the 8th he can have no more even if he performed more jumping jacks, that kid will stop at 8. But if you tell the kid he will be given 12 piece and it was up to "him" to dole out the remain candy to the other kids then he keep it all.
---------------------------------------------------------------

But aren't we America? The greatest country of all time? Shouldn't living in a country so much better than any other in the history of time mean at the very least a good living??
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Van you're right. People are starting to understand how business is treating them and some of they are giving up and doing to the system what the system has being doing to them. If they can't get a fair wage, drop out of the workforce and get that free check every month. Why bother doing it the right way when all they get is pooped on? With such stagnant wages, sitting at home, watching baby momma TV all day, might be a better option.