Just Checking In......and out.

New Englander

"Many times, parents who work construction, the trades, or who are self- employed, make most of their salary or income "off the books." Therefore, many judges will impute income to a conniving parent."

Is that what happened? I'm guessing the court thought you were hiding income from them?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just as it shouldn't be fair for the "custodial" parent to be receiving all of this cash, while shacked up with J. Paul Getty. I know, I know, not his kids, right? Sorry, that doesn't fly, when you're all living as one big happy family and I have to work 2 jobs for almost 18 hrs a day to amke ends meet. PHEW! Sorry, I know, should have started a new thread.:angry-very2:

PS: J. Paul Getty was all I had, google him if you don't understand.
Im with you believe it or not Steve. The way it is here is they combine the parents income, and their is a scale and if you two together no matter who you are married to as your spouses income doesnt count they set an amount based on the wages. Now if you are married to a pretty girl that snags a doc or a lawyer or a rich guy, and she has no income it is all based on yours. And if you are custodial and work your arse off and the spouse quits his job and works under the table you get like 12 dollars a month.
My ex decided he didnt need to pay, quit his 40 k job which was good in the 80s, and I got 12 a month for two kids. Since I had the "good job". I paid.

Im just saying if you are seasonal self employed, laid off or otherwise you need to let the court know, so they dont keep basing what you pay on what you were making.

Im all done with child support. WE made it, cool. I never wanted to screw anyone, just take care of my kids. Would have been nicer if Dad had wanted to help, but all turned out well. I took care of them, and they both have stable jobs and great lives, and that is now admitted by the DAD, that I did it. And Im glad I was able to.

A HUGE ATTAGIRL for you Tooner.

What many Dad's (since they are usually not the custodial parent) don't seem to understand is that is is their responsibility to see that their children are provided for, PERIOD. What we don't know about BBAG's situation could probably fill a thread all on it's own. There could be late or non payments that have accrued penalties(in Texas the penalties go to the State, not the kids) or there could be several other things that could cause the seemingly high payments, we just don't know all the facts. I'm not suggesting that BBAG is a dead beat Dad, sometimes :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: just happens. It's how one cleans it up that counts.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
BBAGG is obviosly a deadbeat dad. These scumbags that pop out kids then dont pay dont deserve any help, support, and should not be alowed here. No court would let someone get only $32 a week, so he is a lyer too.

New Englander

It comes down to the fact that the Ex, her lawyer and the court ALL felt he made more then he was claiming that he did. It was based off of that. So say he decided he wants to go get a different job that pays less?

He's still obligated to pay the original amount because that is what was decided he could pay.

It's not like you can say screw you I'm not paying that much I'm quitting and going to McDonalds.

I honestly still do not believe him on most of the stuff he post's. He's purposefully vague on it all.

All I can think from reading about the laws that relate to him in his state is that he was trying to hide income from the court. Based upon what he has said here.

Again - no court is going to set up someone to fail on child support and end up in jail with zero going to the children.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I honestly still do not believe him on most of the stuff he post's. He's purposefully vague on it all.

All I can think from reading about the laws that relate to him in his state is that he was trying to hide income from the court. Based upon what he has said here.

Again - no court is going to set up someone to fail on child support and end up in jail with zero going to the children.

I couldnt agree more. There is more to this than he is letting on.

Just like the driving stuff - there is no way he is driving alredy - there are rules (union contract) that he must go buy, and that is the way it is. Same with Child support, it is set by the courts, and it is using numbers that are set in stone.

But why does he post all this crap? Come on, bbaagg, fess up!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I couldnt agree more. There is more to this than he is letting on.

Just like the driving stuff - there is no way he is driving alredy - there are rules (union contract) that he must go buy, and that is the way it is. Same with Child support, it is set by the courts, and it is using numbers that are set in stone.

But why does he post all this crap? Come on, bbaagg, fess up!

BBAG needs our support 20plus
He is crying, reaching out to us
What's wrong with the world, mama
Help's on the way, we elected Obama
I think the whole world addicted to the drama
Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma

The truth is kept secret, it's swept under the rug
If you never know truth then you never know love
Where's the truth, y'all,
Where's the love, y'all

atatbl

AND NOW FOLKS, WE INVITE YOU TO WITNESS THE RACE KNOWN AS LIFE.....

IN THE SECOND LANE IS THE ONE AND ONLY DBAG!!!!!!!

New Englander

Last two paychecks? After wage garnishment? UPS charges $8 to do the garnishment, ex gets the $$$ and I have netted..........

...wait for it....

$-0-

Nothing. Nada. Goose egg.

Yes, I know, not possible. Tell that to my paycheck.

Perhaps you should not have hid income from the court or gone to a job that gave you less income.

Perhaps you should be a bit more proactive in talking to the court about changing your payment.

Perhaps your just full of crap.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Perhaps you should not have hid income from the court or gone to a job that gave you less income.

Perhaps you should be a bit more proactive in talking to the court about changing your payment.

Perhaps your just full of crap.

Perhaps you don't know your a** from a hole in the ground. Perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:

bellesotico

BOXstar
BBAGG is obviosly a deadbeat dad. These scumbags that pop out kids then dont pay dont deserve any help, support, and should not be alowed here. No court would let someone get only $32 a week, so he is a lyer too.

What should be said about scumbags that pop out poorly constructed posts with numerous spelling errors?
Should they be ALLOWED here? Are they LIARS too?

:surprised::happy2:

bellesotico

BOXstar
He's a liar.

No court is going to do that. You would be unable to pay rent, utilities and have food.

The Federal Law limits child support garnishments to 50% (if you're remarried) and 60% (single) or 5% more than that if there is an arrearage of more than 3 months. Most states have similar statutes and some have even tried to push garnishment to 75% of disposable earnings (pretax earnings).
The law regarding child support falls under the Consumer Credit Protection Act, Section 15 USC 1673(b)(2). It says:

2) The maximum part of the aggregate disposable earnings of an individual for any workweek which is subject to garnishment to enforce any order for the support of any person shall not exceed -

• (A) where such individual is supporting his spouse or dependent child (other than a spouse or child with respect to whose support such order is used), 50 per centum of such individual's disposable earnings for that week; and
  • (B) where such individual is not supporting such a spouse or dependent child described in clause (A), 60 per centum of such individual's disposable earnings for that week; except that, with respect to the disposable earnings of any individual for any workweek, the 50 per centum specified in clause (A) shall be deemed to be 55 per centum and the 60 per centum specified in clause (B) shall be deemed to be 65 per centum, if and to the extent that such earnings are subject to garnishment to enforce a support order with respect to a period which is prior to the twelve-week period which ends with the beginning of such workweek.
With respect to wage garnishment, US CODE: Title 15, Subsection 1673 Restriction on Garnishment states:

(a) Maximum allowable garnishment Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section and in section 1675 of this title, the maximum part of the aggregate disposable earnings of an individual for any workweek which is subjected to garnishment may not exceed
(1) 25 per centum of his disposable earnings for that week, or
(2) the amount by which his disposable earnings for that week exceed thirty times the Federal minimum hourly wage prescribed by section 206 (a)(1) of title 29 in effect at the time the earnings are payable, whichever is less. In the case of earnings for any pay period other than a week, the Secretary of Labor shall by regulation prescribe a multiple of the Federal minimum hourly wage equivalent in effect to that set forth in paragraph (2).

(b) Exceptions (1) The restrictions of subsection (a) of this section do not apply in the case of (A) any order for the support of any person issued by a court of competent jurisdiction or in accordance with an administrative procedure, which is established by State law, which affords substantial due process, and which is subject to judicial review.

With all that said, I really don't think BBAG is lying. He has no reason too. The child support system is really complex and in serious need of reform. And before anyone makes any further judgements let me just say this, my ex-husband IS a deadbeat dad. He has an arrearage of over 57k, but my kids are teenagers now and it does no one any good to throw him in prison over a civil debt. Someone please tell me the logic in my tax dollars being used to house my ex husband in a correctional facility?

Stupid.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm thinking that his settlement is based on his former business' revenue, not his ups checks.

On a side note, all pissing matches should be relegated to pm's imo. Although, they are fun to watch!