Klein's very own current events thread

klein

Für Meno :)
Where's the Michilada? Did you have Mariscos? Camarones, pescado, ceviche, pulpo, almejas, ostiones?

The shrimps were next to the pasta station.... Michilada I had a few times.... it's good for a hang over ! They have a spicy one, and a regular one. I preferred regular.
Thanks for recommended that drink. I introduced it to some other Canadians there, and they loved it, too. (atleast 1 of them did - he came back to the bar for more all the time).

Tecate was definitly the best beer there. goes down like water. Easier then coors light.
Only thing is, bars or the hotel didn't carry it. Bought it while walking to and from downtown at OXO stores - they are every block there. Cold beer on Ice, for takeout.... and your allowed to drink it on the streets there.

I'm allergic to seafood, so didn't have any of that.... Fish station was probably the first one in front, that I didn't really film.... who knows....? I don't know what they cooked in every Tiki anymore LOL

DS, that house explosion.... yeah thats something else. It's not far from my neighborhood, maybe 5km.
It's on national news everyday since.... now they got homicide detectives working on it (could be foul play). Houses don't just blow up like that, and take another half dozen or more out (neighbors living next door died as well ).

klein

Well, just finshed my 7th day in a row at my new job, going on for another 7 straight with no days off.
Was kinda funny actually - boss called in, and I told my co-worker to ask him for my next schedule, since it runs out tomorrow.
He said the same as this current week.
She had to ask him if I don't get any days off.
I guess he must have told her what I told him ( I don't need any days off).

Later, I just told her, "people die at home" . :)
Besides, I can't spend any money if I'm here at work.

Hoping to rack up some more savings anyways.
Why only work 5 days, if you can work all 7 and then take time off later :)
Work hard why you`ll still healthy and fit. That`s the way I see it.

texan

Well, just finshed my 7th day in a row at my new job, going on for another 7 straight with no days off.
Was kinda funny actually - boss called in, and I told my co-worker to ask him for my next schedule, since it runs out tomorrow.
He said the same as this current week.
She had to ask him if I don't get any days off.
I guess he must have told her what I told him ( I don't need any days off).

Later, I just told her, "people die at home" . :)
Besides, I can't spend any money if I'm here at work.

Hoping to rack up some more savings anyways.
Why only work 5 days, if you can work all 7 and then take time off later :)
Work hard why you`ll still healthy and fit. That`s the way I see it.

This is great sir. May you prosper and do well.

CaliforniaPaul

Sorry, I'll translate. Mariscos is seafood. Camarones are shrimp. Pescado is fish. Ceviche is a dish with fish and/or shrimp "cooked" in lime juice. Pulpo is octopus. Almejas are clams and ostioines are oysters. It's all seafood.

The Michilada is a beer drink. Tecate beer over lots of ice with chili flavored salt and lots of lime juice, it's pretty good.

:happy2:
You need to try a "Bloody Maria" which is a "Bloody Mary" using Tacquila instead of vodka.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ceviche is like Hawaii's poke! Neither is cooked with heat, just kind of marinated with citrus and other stuff ....... Cook it, or I'm not touching it. No sushi either!! My palate is not that adventurous.

klein

ceviche is like Hawaii's poke! Neither is cooked with heat, just kind of marinated with citrus and other stuff ....... Cook it, or I'm not touching it. No sushi either!! My palate is not that adventurous.

I love tartar though ! Tartar on fresh rye bread or a fresh crusty bun , yummy !

400_F_29675736_SlcNRuZJarLn8yf4ApL0RK6psQtWK8tc.jpg

klein

A place I used to live in Germany (left side building). Further up the road, beyond those yellow buildings, ìt`s where I lost my verginity.
( A local pub is just down that same road - called "Dietbachhof" ).......and next to it, is a typical marketplace (every little district/community has their own). It's nearby, sort of.

P

pickup

Just got this pic. A place I used to live in Germany (left side building). Further up the road, beyond those yellow buildings, ìt`s where I lost my verginity.
( A local pub is just down that same road - called "Dietbachhof" ).......and next to it, is a typical marketplace (every little district/community has their own). It's nearby, sort of.

Further up the road?? Was it a school for blind girls?

And did you lose your spelling book there too, verginity indeed? (this language of Kleinese is fascinating)

klein

Further up the road?? Was it a school for blind girls?

And did you lose your spelling book there too, verginity indeed? (this language of Kleinese is fascinating)

oh well, this is the highschool I went to. It's located between the grey and yellow buildings, and then about a sharp 300 metre walk up a hill.(on the previous pic above)

My Class was located in that long building facing the grapevines. Behind that building is the Gynasium with it's cement soccer field in it's back.
The front smaller building was used for administration, and some small lesson classes like Music.

Just got this pic. A place I used to live in Germany (left side building). Further up the road, beyond those yellow buildings, ìt`s where I lost my verginity.

Lost your verginity? You didn't tell us you went on vacation last week. Congrats on joining the club. He was gentle I hope?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So what do you think of the cme's?
The two suns?
The un named planet?
that bright light in the sky, that no one knows what it is.
The great weather in the NE United States?

klein

Einen Guten Geburtstag Nacht fuer mich !

(and yes, I bought all of the above tonight and will drink a little of everything ) ! :)

moreluck

golden ticket member

(and yes, I bought all of the above tonight and will drink a little of everything ) ! :)[/QUOTE]
And then you'll go to work for 20 hours..............safety first!!

klein

My Jagermesiter girl : :)

And no Moreluck, just an 9 hr shift today. 20 + hrs once I get the coal plant or milk plant (if I do).

P

pickup

(and yes, I bought all of the above tonight and will drink a little of everything ) ! :)

Just a hunch, but I have a feeling that the liquor store owner gave you the job just so that his best customer would have to come in seven days a week, regardless of the weather. Excellent business decision on is part. Whether you get paid at the end of the week or the end of the day, you probably end up owing him money.