Klein's very own current events thread

moreluck

golden ticket member
so it's an "if I do" !!

You make everybody think you are working these extremely long hours and you don't even have the friend'ing job!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, I got this one, which is already 7 days a week. I'm not too worried, did it before.
And I must admit, I aalso had to hire someone to help me out with grocery and liquor deliveries, since I can't do those during a good time of the day (only morings and after midnight).

I created a p/t job :)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, I got this one, which is already 7 days a week. I'm not too worried, did it before.
And I must admit, I aalso had to hire someone to help me out with grocery and liquor deliveries, since I can't do those during a good time of the day (only morings and after midnight).

I created a p/t job :)

I guess that qualifies you as a greedy bastard. MrFedEx is no longer your friend. :greedy:

klein

I guess that qualifies you as a greedy bastard. MrFedEx is no longer your friend. :greedy:

Hey, there are all kinds of things people can do if they are out of work. Hotdogs worked great for me. Then thought about a winter job,(besides snow removal).
And now being recommended to get my old job back (not UPS) !

texan

Hey, there are all kinds of things people can do if they are out of work. Hotdogs worked great for me. Then thought about a winter job,(besides snow removal).
And now being recommended to get my old job back (not UPS) !

You should take the offer Klein. (the old job)

klein

I probably will, if the money is right and the union agrees I start at premium wage (up to $60/hr) - they pay double OT hrs.
They wotk 4 x 10 hrs, but it;s usually 4 x 12 or more, plus double time Wednesday and Weekends. Really good money.. clear about $1500/week , plus bonuses, for example $1000 giftcard for not calling in sick over the year, and $100 for not having work related accidents per month.

While I was working there, I used the giftcards for gasoline. I never paid a cent for it.

texan

I probably will, if the money is right and the union agrees I start at premium wage (up to $60/hr) - they pay double OT hrs.
They wotk 4 x 10 hrs, but it;s usually 4 x 12 or more, plus double time Wednesday and Weekends. Really good money.. clear about $1500/week , plus bonuses, for example $1000 giftcard for not calling in sick over the year, and $100 for not having work related accidents per month

One can not be picky in this current economy to hold their ground for something that was years ago.

By years ago, I mean "if the money is right".

A regular steady job with great bennys as you share, would help you very much get into a regular pattern and bring
stability into your life. Do not be insistent on more, but consider it a gift sir.

P

pickup

You should take the offer Klein. (the old job)

If that old job is one at the milk plant, this is what I remember from a long time back: that milk plant job was klein's for the taking when he got fired from UPS but he didn't want it because he would not regain the seniority that he had when he left the milk job in the first place. Remember Klein? Of course this is when he was collecting unemployment so I suppose he deemed it easier to collect than to take the job.

Now he is looking to get that job back. Of course this is all contradictory but is based on what he has posted in the past .

More contradictions: in another thread, some other Canadian posted inquiring if he was able to not work on some Canadian Holiday. Klein responded that UPS is a slave driver (or something to that effect) for not allowing their Canadian workers to take that day off. Yet, he is now working 7 days a week(which means for those of you who are not good at math, no days off) with no holiday pay , no paid breaks, etc. Who is working for a slave driver , Mr. Klein, you or that UPS driver??

This is getting really old, Mr. Klein. Your past thoughts and intentions expressed in previous posts don't match up with what you post later on.

klein

One can not be picky in this current economy to hold their ground for something that was years ago.

By years ago, I mean "if the money is right".

A regular steady job with great bennys as you share, would help you very much get into a regular pattern and bring
stability into your life. Do not be insistent on more, but consider it a gift sir.

I'm greedy though ! Even UPS had to pay above Union wages in Alberta , just to keep employees.
Basically a labour shortage here, not as high as it used to be, but as these pipelines and oil devopelmlent grows, we're going to have a major labour shortage.
That's in the news already.

You're more than welcome to move and work here. Basically anyone. But , I would think Americans should get top priority, just like in Calgary, Alberta.
(over 10% of the population are Americans, with more than 100.000 of US citizens working and living there).

I like how the so called union will just allow the famous Mr. Klein to walk back in at full scale. Either that or forget it,K says. Wtf, you think you're Bill Gates or something?

I call BS as usual. He's going to be supersizing fry orders at best. Or ringing Mom up for another allowance check.

klein

I like how the so called union will just allow the famous Mr. Klein to walk back in at full scale. Either that or forget it,K says. Wtf, you think you're Bill Gates or something?

I call BS as usual. He's going to be supersizing fry orders at best. Or ringing Mom up for another allowance check.

I got it already offered in the past, with full seniority.
And yesterday the big Shop Steward was 1 of my customers.
And he even agreed with my previous knowlege, I will start with a higher wage.
But not only that, even my sups want me back, too.
They gave me a tour of the newly renovated plant not to long ago (thinking they would talk me into comming back) . :)

texan

I'm greedy though ! Even UPS had to pay above Union wages in Alberta , just to keep employees.
Basically a labour shortage here, not as high as it used to be, but as these pipelines and oil devopelmlent grows, we're going to have a major labour shortage.
That's in the news already.

You're more than welcome to move and work here. Basically anyone. But , I would think Americans should get top priority, just like in Calgary, Alberta.
(over 10% of the population are Americans, with more than 100.000 of US citizens working and living there).

It is not my call in life to move and work there. Nothing wrong with it, but it is not what is on my path. :happy-very:

They gave me a tour of the newly renovated plant not to long ago (thinking they would talk me into comming back) . :)

And I'm sure your fellow union members have no problem with your claims of favoritism. Amazing all these people who swoon over you with praise and job offers yet you never take anyone up on anything.

Forget milking the cow, you're more qualified to shovel up after them.

klein

It's because I hate shift work, esspecially working all night long.
Now, that I've seen I earn $1000 to $2000 a day selling hotdogs during a normal time frequence, and having fun doing it, being my own boss, etc.
It gives me second thoughts ofcourse.

I still don't know if I want to lose that this summer.

klein

And if you think I was full of crap, how do you think I could manage travelling all over the place, being out of work ? Think about that !

P

pickup

Milk plant foreman: so klein , whaddya think? steady work , great pay, lots of overtime, gift cards, paid holidays, do you wanna come back?

Klein, "hic" , umm lemme think 'bout it ,"hic".

Liquor store manager: so dis is the way it is. you get 10 bucks a delivery and any tips you manage to wrangle out of the inebriated clients. You'll work seven days a week, no o.t , no bonuses, no nothin'"

Klein: can I keep the deposit money from the empties they give me? "hic"

Liquor store manager : NO!

Klein: , can I get a 10% rebate on all my purchases here and can I stay , shall I say medicated while I do this job, "Hic" ?

Liquor store manager: umm make it a 5% rebate and yeah I suppose as I long as I don't see you drinking and thus I can have plausible deniabilty when you wrap yourself around a street lamp, sure!

Klein: You got yourself a deal, "hic".

Last edited by a moderator:

klein

Little do you know : I used to work it p/t as I worked for the dairy, too. LIke I previous mentioned, I don't mind working 7 days a week , up to 20 hrs per day.
Take the money while you can - that's my Motto !

You believe I get these past previous jobs back, because I was a bad worker ?

Think again !