Letter from Management

Bristol Brown

Dear UPSers-

As many of you know things have been changing at UPS recently. The changes are for the good if your management, bad if your anyone else. First of all, we are all about NUMBERS-NUMBERS-NUMBERS!! It's all that matters, because if we don't meet our numbers we don't look good on paper our bonus is not as big.
We will be cutting as many routes as possible to meet out Stops per Car number. It doesn't matter to us if you deliver to a resi area that is 20 miles off your route and you have never been there. If you are over dispatched then you can just EC them, because our customers don't matter.
Friday's will now be refered to as "Forever Friday's" because its the end of the week and by Monday you will forget how bad Friday was. We will slowly progess this to everyday of the week. We know you would like to see your family but it doesn't matter to us. ( you can see them all day when you are injured from being over worked)
Although we cannot explain how we figure out how the numbers work, we are sure you will all do your best to keep us smiling and the bonus checks coming!:happy2:
Thanks Managment

Confused the hell out of me,the big boss man in the UK Tony C. has told us that drivers are not being judged on stops per car but on doing an eight hour planned day.

The centre managers along with the sups and the despatch teams are saying that eight hours can be up to nine and a half hours when it is busy.They are cutting routes and allowing drivers to sit around doing nothing while the rest are over despatched.ie:being falsely made busy..............The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:

satellitedriver

Yup, put there by leaders with goals of their own. While he was trying to make a point, he also proved another.

d

Agreed,
Personally, I never cared for De Gaulle, because of his undeserved arrogance and lack of true accomplishment.
I will give the devil his due.
The quote is so very true.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Believe me, they/we try to measure.
Not familiar with NCIS.
Teamwork is fine. Facility is noisy and not conducive to productivity. I roll a screen in front of my space to keep people out.

Don't they tap into your computer and give you a virtual time study,words per minute,reports per day...26.6 seconds to go to the water cooler,5.56seconds to fill your cup and 26.9 seconds to return(.3seconds added for extra weight of water and fatigue)...it sounds ridiculous but that's what they do to each and every driver on a daily basis. Just having a little fun here tks for being a good sport

Braveheart

Don't they tap into your computer and give you a virtual time study,words per minute,reports per day...26.6 seconds to go to the water cooler,5.56seconds to fill your cup and 26.9 seconds to return(.3seconds added for extra weight of water and fatigue)...it sounds ridiculous but that's what they do to each and every driver on a daily basis. Just having a little fun here tks for being a good sport

Great Post!!!