Local 177 November 6th General meeting

rama'nfeeders

Wow so you guys want to change to company seniority with one date, but you don't carry your PT time years. It kind of sounds like my entire seniority is not being respected. So the package car drivers hump packages, but the people who were unloading trailers in 140° trailers don't get respected. I would think a high percentage of pacjage car drivers worked PT and they are happy to throw away there PT years and only carry FT time years is absurd.

rama'nfeeders

There's your loophole, but you don't care everyone's worked under these contracts. You just want to change to help your own pocket book. You don't give an arse about you and a few of your senior package car drivers who came into Feeders late because it wasn't conducive for You and your families, but it's alright everyone who dud sacrifice working all the crispy shifts you just say too bad I don't care about all of you. Whatever works for Terry and his clan which just shows he's dividing the rank and file, especially right before we start negotiations for 2018 contract and Saturday grounds kicking off.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's your loophole, but you don't care everyone's worked under these contracts. You just want to change to help your own pocket book. You don't give an arse about you and a few of your senior package car drivers who came into Feeders late because it wasn't conducive for You and your families, but it's alright everyone who dud sacrifice working all the crispy shifts you just say too bad I don't care about all of you. Whatever works for Terry and his clan which just shows he's dividing the rank and file, especially right before we start negotiations for 2018 contract and Saturday grounds kicking off.
You should rally up the troops and make a push for PT seniority to count.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There are plenty of people with less "total" years than me, but they went FT before me (Because of local union not posting FT jobs in all buildings, politics basically). Despite this, it's still a better system than having separate lists for FT seniority and "classification" seniority. That is garbage and even more divisive.

Wow so you guys want to change to company seniority with one date, but you don't carry your PT time years. It kind of sounds like my entire seniority is not being respected. So the package car drivers hump packages, but the people who were unloading trailers in 140° trailers don't get respected. I would think a high percentage of pacjage car drivers worked PT and they are happy to throw away there PT years and only carry FT time years is absurd.
How do you not respect my PT years Terry K. Because you don't have PT years??? Answer that Son.
You know why PT years isn't being proposed... If you want PT years do what everyone is doing. Go around with a PT to FT carry seniority proposal and get them signed.

You talk about all these big senior guys coming in late... What about junior guys that came in when they first got the chance... I know guys that had to wait for years to get to feeders with there names on the list while feeder street guys get in before them... Only one to a few years after getting hired... What about them? Why can't they get their seniority? I'm one of them!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You talk about all these big senior guys coming in late... What about junior guys that came in when they first got the chance... I know guys that had to wait for years to get to feeders with there names on the list while feeder street guys get in before them... Only one to a few years after getting hired... What about them? Why can't they get their seniority? I'm one of them!!
What's missing in all of this rhetoric is, no matter what full time job you perform from the beginning to the end, your full time seniority should afford you ALL rights, benefits, and privileges afforded to anyone, in any job, by full time seniority.

Worse case scenario, if the top senior employee in the full time ranks for an entire building bids into feeders, everyone drops one spot on the list.
The notion that you are ordained to a spot on the seniority list by job, that it is indelible, is ludicrous and unfair to those toiling in other jobs within the Company.

With seniority and longevity with the Company, should come improved opportunities and benefits, it's the Union way.

I have still yet to hear one reasonable explanation as to why my 23 years of humping bundles should count for nothing if I were to eventually choose to bid into feeders?
I have earned my stripes and will be damned if someone will try to strip them from me by virtue of a job title.

Last edited:
What's missing in all of this rhetoric is, no matter what full time job you perform from the beginning to the end, your full time seniority should afford you ALL rights, benefits, and privileges afforded to anyone, in any job, by full time seniority.

Worse case scenario, if the top senior employee in the full time ranks for an entire building bids into feeders, everyone drops one spot on the list.
The notion that you are ordained to a spot on the seniority list by job, that it is indelible, is ludicrous and unfair to those toiling in other jobs within the Company.

With seniority and longevity with the Company, should come improved opportunities and benefits, it's the Union way.

I have still yet to hear one reasonable explanation as to why my 23 years of humping bundles should count for nothing if I were to eventually choose to bid into feeders?
I have earned my stripes and will be damned if someone will try to strip them from me by virtue of a job title.
You said it brother

rama'nfeeders

Well Bubblehead this is why PT Year's should count by what you stated about longevity comes seniority and privilege. A true one date should be the day your are hired if it's PT or FT. As for why your 23 years of humping bundles doesn't count towards bidding into Feeders are the following: we have classification seniority, the people who put there names of the transfer list and went and got trained and obtained a CDL before you makes him/her senior to you in Feeders, you didn't make the jump 10/15 years ago because it didn't work for you and your Family, but all of a sudden you see how to manipulate the system to benefit you. Lastly, you are the fool that waited so long to not come into Feeders. Just a few points for you and remember everyone I talk to who's interested says how it would benefit them, but than you mention to them that the entire Local will be one seniority list they say that's not what they were told. You tell them that for the rest of there career they could stay level if not fall down the seniority when a person who has no Feeder experience will come in and jump over them you see the deer in the headlights. A true seniority list is the day you are hired. No Terry I will not go building to building like when you were just in sadnj while in the guard shack solicitating your proposal on company property so we will reach out to HR and the labor managers and have you disciplined for breaking the company policy on solicitations. I don't need to lie to impressionable drivers to ride your wave of deception because you don't like the Union maybe if you put more time into your family maybe it would be so dismantled by your lack of parenthood. You should check your priorities when you leave your house daily what's more important on your list. Is it really Family???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well Bubblehead this is why PT Year's should count by what you stated about longevity comes seniority and privilege. A true one date should be the day your are hired if it's PT or FT. As for why your 23 years of humping bundles doesn't count towards bidding into Feeders are the following: we have classification seniority, the people who put there names of the transfer list and went and got trained and obtained a CDL before you makes him/her senior to you in Feeders, you didn't make the jump 10/15 years ago because it didn't work for you and your Family, but all of a sudden you see how to manipulate the system to benefit you. Lastly, you are the fool that waited so long to not come into Feeders. Just a few points for you and remember everyone I talk to who's interested says how it would benefit them, but than you mention to them that the entire Local will be one seniority list they say that's not what they were told. You tell them that for the rest of there career they could stay level if not fall down the seniority when a person who has no Feeder experience will come in and jump over them you see the deer in the headlights. A true seniority list is the day you are hired. No Terry I will not go building to building like when you were just in sadnj while in the guard shack solicitating your proposal on company property so we will reach out to HR and the labor managers and have you disciplined for breaking the company policy on solicitations. I don't need to lie to impressionable drivers to ride your wave of deception because you don't like the Union maybe if you put more time into your family maybe it would be so dismantled by your lack of parenthood. You should check your priorities when you leave your house daily what's more important on your list. Is it really Family???
Part time jobs aren't intended to be a career, rather a stop gap, supplemental, or entry level trial opportunity.....otherwise, I would agree with you.

I'm a preloader. Loading and being treated like a dog. I do it for as long as it takes to transfer to full time. Can I transfer straight into feeders? No. Anyway, one day I'm walking out from loading, feeling like a wet dish rag... been doing it over 2 years. Some dude passes me walking the other way in thru the guard shack. He says "where is HR? I'm here for an interview". Anyway, he gets hired as a feeder driver that day. Now me and my half broken back finally go full time into package. Then I go into feeders...... that dude back then in civilian clothes lost at a ups building.... I'm :censored2:ing junior to him??? Pass me the crack cocaine.

Worst part is, in a fair word they make me a feeder driver and him the preloader. And his sorry lazy ass would last a week if he was lucky.

542thruNthru

A true one date should be the day you are hire if it's FT or PT.

You're complaining about fulltime drivers coming into feeder and jumping in front of other feeder drivers. Yet you think it would be ok if PT were able to do it also? I think you are just using this argument because you know it would never pass because most FT don't respect PT.

I'd love to see a 20 year feeder drivers face when a 25 year PT came into feeders and jumped in front of him. Talk about deer in headlights. ;)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You're complaining about fulltime drivers coming into feeder and jumping in front of other feeder drivers. Yet you think it would be ok if PT were able to do it also? I think you are just using this argument because you know it would never pass because most FT don't respect PT.

I'd love to see a 20 year feeder drivers face when a 25 year PT came into feeders and jumped in front of him. Talk about deer in headlights. ;)
Funny how these arguments go round-and-round.

There's your loophole, but you don't care everyone's worked under these contracts. You just want to change to help your own pocket book.
but all of a sudden you see how to manipulate the system to benefit you

Wow so you guys want to change to company seniority with one date, but you don't carry your PT time years. It kind of sounds like my entire seniority is not being respected.

Now now, that sounds selfish!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've always said that PT should account for something.

*If* we really wanted to be fair, PT pension credit months/years could be added, and make ONE list for all full-timers.

A part-timer with 10 years of credit that goes FT in 2017, and started in 1997 (for example), is back-dated to 2007.

Once again, we'd be going in circles with winners and losers.