Lying customers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey cover drivers why do all the customers lie about what time the regular guy gets there. Had a guy today say oh I missed u yesterday because the regular guy gets here around 8:30. Uh no he doesn't. We don't start til 9. Your 30 minutes from the building and he has to run air first. So at the earliest 10:30. It's 11 I'm not that far off.

When I cover routes all day long I often get oh your a lot later than our normal guy. I'm sorry there's no freaking way I'm off earlier and run scratch when the regular guy is an hour or more over and deliver every stop all day long later than the normal guy.

oldngray

nowhere special
Look at the time on service cross from send agains (which should be there if everyone is doing their job). And, yes customers lie. Then when they call UPS everything they claim is taken as true while the driver is assumed to be lying.

gingerkat

On a side note, I can't possibly understand why anyone would be discourteous to the cover driver? It can only benefit you to be nice to others if possible. I try to treat each delivery person, including that crazy Ontrac woman the same. On hot summer days I first offer them water and if they say no, I offer a beer with a wink and a smile.

542thruNthru

It's not being discourteous. A lot of them try to take advantage of cover drivers.

Wait... lying and taking advantage of someone is not being discourteous? I'm confused.

Ya I get that a lot from customers. I once had 3 customers in the same day tell me that they are his first stop everyday.. "he's here every morning at 845" I just laugh and say thats impossible. Then the next day i show up at 4:45 just to teach them a lesson.

Wait... lying and taking advantage of someone is not being discourteous? I'm confused.

Ya I get that a lot from customers. I once had 3 customers in the same day tell me that they are his first stop everyday.. "he's here every morning at 845" I just laugh and say thats impossible. Then the next day i show up at 4:45 just to teach them a lesson.

When they say that reply with " Oh, yea, He did say that for a $20 donation he'll make your delivery early".

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The same response given when management asks the regular driver why the cover driver scratches his route and he can't, "I'm not the other driver"

"The regular guy does............"

Taking a lean to the side: "No, I'm the irregular guy. One leg is shorter than the other. Thank's for rubbing it in."

degill7994

I had had the same thing happen with one of the routes I cover. I would ask the customers what time they got their deliveries and every customer got their stuff before 11:00 am.

barnyard

KTM rider
People do what they think they can get away with.

Someone called in to complain about the way a 'new driver' was driving. Said he was tearing up the neighborhood. Turns out it was the regular guy in a brandy new truck. When the customer was told it was the regular guy, he said, "Oh, I did not mean to get my guy in trouble, I figured it was the guy that we get when our guy is on vacation."

The same people that lie at work, lie at home. "Driver never rang the doorbell." Just left a notice and left.

Bah.

iruhnman630

Simple response to this complaint....

'Late?? I have until 5:00.'

Speaking of lying customers, I just got my second 'driver did not knock' complaint in 2 weeks.

barnyard

KTM rider
Speaking of lying customers, I just got my second 'driver did not knock' complaint in 2 weeks.

on apartment routes, I get that complaint every, single Friday. I can be on the same route all week and everything is fine until Friday. My reply is always the same, "I leaned on the buzzer, if anything, they should be calling to complain about that. If they did not hear it, their buzzer is broke and they will not hear me when I stop a 2nd time today. I will not make a 2nd attempt."

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I was on a route one time with a delivery for a jewelry store, and the usual guy delivers their stuff when he does airs, so when i got there at around 2pm, the woman said "you're late", to which I just said, "if you think this is late, wait until tomorrow", then she started to backpedal

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh I could really care less and if I am late I'm late I run the route how I see fit and will continue to do so. It's the ones that blatanly lie that piss me off. Like this guy today. "Our regular guy gets here at 8:30." To hell he does. He doesn't start until after then and your 30 minutes away.

Last peak I had a small town post office lady tell me "YOU HAVE TO BE HERE BY X TIME SO OUR DRIVERS CAN TAKE THESE OUT THE SAME DAY" I told her with it being peak season I wasn't leaving the building until after X time. She complained for the next two days. So 3 days in a row after that I showed up 2 minutes before closing time. She was really happy with anytime before lunch after that.

UPSGUY72

You have until 5:00 to sheet as CL1.

Anyways when a business customer tell me I'm late I say your still open I tell them not today your still here.

UPSGUY72

Today I got a message. " The Cnee at ------ wants to know why you didn't leave her packages when she left a sign info notice" I was going to be a smart :censored2: and tell the OMS clerk that's because I really wanted to stop there again tomorrow so I just left another info notice." But I though twice and said there was no info notice on the out side of the 6 apartment building.

Then the OMS clerk asked me to go back later I did and the Cnee wasn't even home. I was nice and didn't resheet the package as Ni3 but I should have.