Lying customers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Today I got a message. " The Cnee at ------ wants to know why you didn't leave her packages when she left a sign info notice" I was going to be a smart :censored2: and tell the OMS clerk that's because I really wanted to stop there again tomorrow so I just left another info notice." But I though twice and said there was no info notice on the out side of the 6 apartment building.

Then the OMS clerk asked me to go back later I did and the Cnee wasn't even home. I was nice and didn't resheet the package as Ni3 but I should have.

I most certainly would have. I also here the complaint from time to time. So and so has posted business hours from 9-11 and 2-4. So what why do I care I have from 9-5 but not 12-1 to make an attempt right?

FilingBluesFL

There is a trailer park, where a woman gets medicine delivered, and of course needs a signature.

She is NEVER there on the first attempt. And then when you go back the next day "Why didn't you KNOCK YESTERDAY?! THIS IS MY MEDICINE, I NEED THIS TO LIVE!!!"

So if I ever go there these days, I will literally bang on the side of that crappy trailer so the whole damn thing shakes, but short of permanently denting in the aluminum siding lol
The damned neighbors come out and look. Oddly enough she never does on the first attempt... But it's always my fault.

MethodsMan

I got a grocery store chain on one of the routes I cover frequently. I back into the dock and walk up the stairs and call them on the speaker phone. I always get a response from someone, "I'll be right there." 2 or 3 times later the same response. 15 minutes later they finally come. Every time. I'm forced to take my break every time.

Liars!

542thruNthru

I got a grocery store chain on one of the routes I cover frequently. I back into the dock and walk up the stairs and call them on the speaker phone. I always get a response from someone, "I'll be right there." 2 or 3 times later the same response. 15 minutes later they finally come. Every time. I'm forced to take my break every time.

Liars!

You're not forced to do anything. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be an ***** to you but sometimes you got to remember you have the power. Bestbuy and costco used to do this to me. With best buy it was a buzzer. I had a count down. Id give them 3 min. Then push the buzzer again for 10 whole seconds. Then give then 2min then hold the buzzer for a whole min. After 1 more min of waiting I'd lay on it till they open the door. They come running now! Costco did it to me once I told them "I can't stay here waiting for you guys like this. Next time I'll have to leave and you'll get your stuff tomorrow." She said " listen we are your biggest customer. So I think you can wait." Well the next day I took off with her trying to wave me down in my side mirror. Came back during there pick up. She tried to chew me out saying now she doesn't have the people to handle it. I said "that's fine. I'll just send it back to the shipper." Think she called my bluff twice???

S

serenity now

On a side note, I can't possibly understand why anyone would be discourteous to the cover driver? It can only benefit you to be nice to others if possible. I try to treat each delivery person, including that crazy Ontrac woman the same. On hot summer days I first offer them water and if they say no, I offer a beer with a wink and a smile.

omg

Indecisi0n

Liars!

Wait two minutes if no one shows you start sheeting everything and service crossing NR1. If by the time you are done they haven't come, info notice and leave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cover drivers are supposed to manage the route while the regular driver enjoys a day off or is on vacation. When I was a cover driver I tried my best to follow the same routine as the bid driver. All I ask of my cover drivers is that they try their best to take care of the customers while not being taken advantage of.

I have to comment on a few of the previous posts. First of all, there is no way that I am sitting at a stop for 15 minutes waiting for the receiver to open the door. I will back up to their dock, ring their bell, sheet their packages, ring a second time if necessary and, if no one shows up within 5 minutes I post an info notice and move on to the next stop. There is a difference between being patient and being taken advantage of. Secondly, the "driver did not knock" complaints are bs----what driver is going to take the time to make the delivery attempt and fill out an info notice and not knock on the door.

upsguy----sheeting the package twice on the same day and counting it as two separate attempts, the second resulting in the package being held in the center and a postcard sent, will earn you a sit down with your center manager.

superballs----is there a reason you are unable to deliver her grounds along with her airs? Why is the bid driver able to do it but you are unable to?

It sounds to me like a few of you need to work on your customer service skills.

Indecisi0n

Cover drivers are supposed to manage the route while the regular driver enjoys a day off or is on vacation. When I was a cover driver I tried my best to follow the same routine as the bid driver. All I ask of my cover drivers is that they try their best to take care of the customers while not being taken advantage of.

I have to comment on a few of the previous posts. First of all, there is no way that I am sitting at a stop for 15 minutes waiting for the receiver to open the door. I will back up to their dock, ring their bell, sheet their packages, ring a second time if necessary and, if no one shows up within 5 minutes I post an info notice and move on to the next stop. There is a difference between being patient and being taken advantage of. Secondly, the "driver did not knock" complaints are bs----what driver is going to take the time to make the delivery attempt and fill out an info notice and not knock on the door.

upsguy----sheeting the package twice on the same day and counting it as two separate attempts, the second resulting in the package being held in the center and a postcard sent, will earn you a sit down with your center manager.

superballs----is there a reason you are unable to deliver her grounds along with her airs? Why is the bid driver able to do it but you are unable to?

Trust me they aren't the only ones that need to work on their people skills...

upschuck

I most certainly would have. I also here the complaint from time to time. So and so has posted business hours from 9-11 and 2-4. So what why do I care I have from 9-5 but not 12-1 to make an attempt right?

My center, assume it is company wide, but we are to try between posted business hours. Since most retail opens at 10 or later, technically you could sheet that up at 9:05 and bring it all back everyday if that were not the case, and mgnt couldn't do anything about it. At times, malls are delivered after 6pm here, if drivers are behind.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

upsguy----sheeting the package twice on the same day and counting it as two separate attempts, the second resulting in the package being held in the center and a postcard sent, will earn you a sit down with your center manager. I was taught that a second attempt on the same day IS another stop. If the customer requests a second attempt and they are not there then they deserve to have it post carded. We do not have the time to cater to customers only for them to lead us on a wild goose chase.

superballs----is there a reason you are unable to deliver her grounds along with her airs? Why is the bid driver able to do it but you are unable to? Perhaps he simply meant that the regular driver delivers their ground on his air trace. Not meaning that they have air and ground.....but just gtound. If it is ground then they get when they get it.

upschuck

There is a trailer park, where a woman gets medicine delivered, and of course needs a signature.

She is NEVER there on the first attempt. And then when you go back the next day "Why didn't you KNOCK YESTERDAY?! THIS IS MY MEDICINE, I NEED THIS TO LIVE!!!"

So if I ever go there these days, I will literally bang on the side of that crappy trailer so the whole damn thing shakes, but short of permanently denting in the aluminum siding lol
The damned neighbors come out and look. Oddly enough she never does on the first attempt... But it's always my fault.

That happens all the time here. People think if they call in "driver didn't knock" that we will be forced to come back to make another attempt that day.

Brownslave688

My center, assume it is company wide, but we are to try between posted business hours. Since most retail opens at 10 or later, technically you could sheet that up at 9:05 and bring it all back everyday if that were not the case, and mgnt couldn't do anything about it. At times, malls are delivered after 6pm here, if drivers are behind.

Im kind of speaking more from personal experience (mostly rural routes). I'm not driving 30 minutes out of my way because you are only open 6 hours a day. Have a lot of farms that also try to pull "posted business hours" on us. If your house is right next door ill DR it there at 8 pm everyday.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I fill in on a route. The regular guy caters to businesses all over his route, breaking trace no matter where he is to the tune of an extra 30+ miles a day compared to when I run it. I run a straight trace and finish an 1 1/2 hours before he does.
Now....I now how regular drivers hate when a cover driver "tears" up their route but there is something to be said about running a route efficiently and keeping the customer contact to a minimum.
I have never received a complaint from any one of the businesses that he caters to for being later that the regular guy. So I do not know why he does it.

upschuck

Im kind of speaking more from personal experience (mostly rural routes). I'm not driving 30 minutes out of my way because you are only open 6 hours a day. Have a lot of farms that also try to pull "posted business hours" on us. If your house is right next door ill DR it there at 8 pm everyday.

If there is a person living at the address, then it is considered a residential and no commit time, if not it is a business. But I have done the same thing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If there is a person living at the address, then it is considered a residential and no commit time, if not it is a business. But I have done the same thing.

You guys need to be careful there. If the farm is adjacent to but not part of the residential property, even if owned by the same person, it is considered to be a commercial stop.

That being said, I have done and would continue to do the same thing.

Brownslave688

You guys need to be careful there. If the farm is adjacent to but not part of the residential property, even if owned by the same person, it is considered to be a commercial stop.

That being said, I have done and would continue to do the same thing.

No I'm talking barn in the same driveway as the house. That's residential per our training.