medical marijuana card

UPS Lifer

Personal Observation: Adults who partake in pot who do not affect others in society by their actions is fine with me. I believe in personal freedoms. However, just like sexual harassment or drunk behavior, if someone is around you and it makes them uncomfortable you should abstain. Go to a private location. If you jeopardize the health and safety of the general public by your actions that is a different situation that must be dealt with.

UPS Observation: At one point of my career, I was a compliance manager, so I will put that hat on. UPS must observe federal law first and foremost. DOT and FAA as well as other federal compliance departments and organizations trump all. Individual state compliance is next on the list. Each state has their own department that handles transportation and safety regulations.
As a company, UPS standards and regulations might exceed federal and state regulations.

There is no grey area here. It does not matter what kind of medical card you have or what type of Rx drug you might be taking. While working at UPS, You cannot jeopardize your safety, the safety of other employees (inside or out) or the general public. If you are observed performing your duties and appear to be impaired and 2 independent observations are done by folks who are trained to observe the affects of impairment you will be taken for drug & alcohol testing. What might vary would be the disciplinary action based on the outcome of the observation, seriousness of what could (or did) happen, result of the testing performed and the violations of any regulations.

It is my guess that the medical marijuana situation will be addressed during the next contract negotiations. I think it will be set up more for clarification than any change in current policy.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Orly, Did your girlfriend find relief from chemo by smoking?

I know many with MS find relief by smoking.

She grew up with hippy parents, of course she knows of pot. She went through radiation and nausea "big time" but never smoked pot. I wished this state would allow such a treatment. She made sick a lot, during radiation, chemo and afterwords. She did make sick yesterday during chemo pills, but on an empty stomach. I never thought of it, the treatment of weed, because it was not allowed here; nor did the cause of concern cross my mind. I think it could've been of an ease to it all.

Pot isnt something to fear, but something to favor. People use drugs because they work.

Watch the video, the last person says it ALL, bone tumors. If not he would live in pain and discomfort every second of his life. He was smoking for 20 something years. Out and open in the public, and yet the government still doesnt want to know how well it works. Imagen the test and trails he had to circum. Yet, pot is the only thing that worked. Medical, life and all others. What the hell is wrong with people in this country. Take a second and look at this country, do you know how much they lie to you. How much is only for parties, and not for you. I hate the hippies, stright up. But theres something else we all here have forgot. That is, the truth...

I got another movie for you all to see... if you like

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Orly, Did your girlfriend find relief from chemo by smoking?

I know many with MS find relief by smoking.

btw, thank you for this question. And, I wish we had the option. The question is due proper reckoning. I only hope that people will watch my videos, not mine, but posted by a random viewer.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You can read it, I am a spelling fanatic and I didnt even notice the spelling error. You thought threw your post and it was a goud one.
Lets please have an adult convo. This is a subject, pros and cons, like it or not. Ya all know what side I am on.
Aperson in example chemo who could get relief from med mj, has to instead suffer, unless they live in the proper state. Does that make sense?
And if you get it illegally, and you get tested to see how many yrs, months, etc, your liver can handle the drugs you are on, and you have marijuana in your system, you get cut.
WTF. Docs know it works. If it is prescribed to you and you dont want it, it is your right. But living so close to the borders of states that allow it, and having to suffer because yours does not, is ludicrous. did I spell that right?
I am not so much woried about UPS allowing it. I think about for example how much better peoples lives could be who live in chronic pain, which was documented to cause his (my husbands)heart attack at 49 yrs of age.
Pain is a very large stress on the heart.
A week in the hospital after bypass surgery, showed his bp was shooting to 254/190, and they could not figure out why. Finally figured it was from the un treated chronic back pain from a fall from a roof at age 24 which broke his back. Now hes older, Arthur has set in, and he takes morphine , or he will die. I prefer he could vaporize, eat a marijuana pill, or a darn brownie, and get relief. Now his heart is all good, but the morphine will kill him and is addictive.
It does not have to be this way. It shouldn t be.

Last edited:

NI3

Around here, some people are pushing for decriminalization of marijuana under the disguise of medical use even though its legal under state law as long as you have a MMJ card, so I don't think it has anything to do with medical use. I think they're recreational users fighting under a dishonest reason.

We don't see people pushing for decriminalization of possession of Oxycontin without prescription.

I don't know how much effective marijuana is for various ailments but the people who promote marijuana as almighty treatment for anything you can name, they're losing their credibility.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Roseanne Barr applied for her Med. marijuana card and when asked , do you have this, that or the other malady, she answered "yes" and laughed. They gave her a card. Anyone.....I mean anyone can get one.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Around here, some people are pushing for decriminalization of marijuana under the disguise of medical use even though its legal under state law as long as you have a MMJ card, so I don't think it has anything to do with medical use. I think they're recreational users fighting under a dishonest reason.

We don't see people pushing for decriminalization of possession of Oxycontin without prescription.

I don't know how much effective marijuana is for various ailments but the people who promote marijuana as almighty treatment for anything you can name, they're losing their credibility.
Well if you dont know you should research. Instead of not knowing. If you care to.
Also proven to help with Glaucoma. Forgot that one.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

No we dont see anyone pushing for decriminalization because it is legal in all states.
Read this and educate yourself
Cannabis Information | Medical Marijuna | Cash Hyde Foundation

U

uber

Roseanne Barr applied for her Med. marijuana card and when asked , do you have this, that or the other malady, she answered "yes" and laughed. They gave her a card. Anyone.....I mean anyone can get one.

Rightly so. Why not do it legally if your going to do it anyway.

menotyou

bella amicizia
NY will have those cards soon. If a buck can be made and no one gets hurt, Cuomo will do it. That's my kind of democrat, right there.

anonymous4

Several misinformed opinions in here claiming weed leads to hard "er" drugs. Take a hit yourself and see if it makes you do angel dust down the road. Tons of people claim to be insomniacs and are on so many :censored2: pills all I can say is get stoned, eat some grub and get a long nights sleep without your hard pills. Also, I find the hypocrisy of my situation illuminating. I was condemned for calling Upstate something pretty light and I have several people in here insulting me because they think I'm tieguy (which I'm not). Some of you need to get off your high horse of self importance. Some weed can make you paranoid.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
For some ups employees it is legal now. What's your take on this and what do you think UPS's take on this if we had our card.
Here in CA it is legal across the board. That being said our main shop steward explained it best as thus, “the new law protects you legally regarding marijuana use, but does not protect your employment”. Cops can’t do a thing to you, but UPS can still drug test you and terminate you on a positive test result.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here in CA it is legal across the board. That being said our main shop steward explained it best as thus, “the new law protects you legally regarding marijuana use, but does not protect your employment”. Cops can’t do a thing to you, but UPS can still drug test you and terminate you on a positive test result.

They cannot test you simply because you have the card—-there has to be reasonable suspicion or cause, such as an accident or injury.