Neg rep question?

Nimnim

The Nim
What ever happened to the ability to see rep comments on your or others profiles anyways? Used to have it's own tab unless you disabled it.

Nimnim

The Nim
Refraining from comment?

I'm sure you have a reason, but it's fairly obvious who this thread is about so an answer would be appreciated.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Dave, the above quoted post is much more benign than some of the crap you post.
I have taken issue with many of your posts, but never saw fit to negatively rep you.
The only time I did was in error and I fixed it and apologized.
Why???
Because you are entitled to your warped opinions, as we are entitled to engage you on them.
Quit acting like a sissy and man up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If zagsfan were to refrain from the personal attacks and chose to discuss/debate the issues in an adult manner we wouldn't be having this discussion. This was the point I was trying to make when I told him that if the bashing continues I will continue with the neg rep.

I have worked really hard to tone down the rhetoric of late. I have chosen to no longer interact with two of the more prominent female members of this forum. I have tried to make this a more positive experience both for myself and for those whom I do choose to interact with.

I don't owe anyone here an explanation but have chosen to do so. Take from it what you will.

Zagsfan---if you wish to interact with me in an adult manner I am all in---if you feel that you cannot then please put me on ignore. Continue the personal attacks and neg rep is sure to follow--it is that simple.

Nimnim

The Nim
If zagsfan were to refrain from the personal attacks and chose to discuss/debate the issues in an adult manner we wouldn't be having this discussion. This was the point I was trying to make when I told him that if the bashing continues I will continue with the neg rep.

I have worked really hard to tone down the rhetoric of late. I have chosen to no longer interact with two of the more prominent female members of this forum. I have tried to make this a more positive experience both for myself and for those whom I do choose to interact with.

I don't owe anyone here an explanation but have chosen to do so. Take from it what you will.

Zagsfan---if you wish to interact with me in an adult manner I am all in---if you feel that you cannot then please put me on ignore. Continue the personal attacks and neg rep is sure to follow--it is that simple.

I appreciate the context.

menotyou

bella amicizia
adult manner

I have worked really hard to tone down the rhetoric of late.

I have chosen to no longer interact with two of the more prominent female members of this forum.
So, you single out More and I while claiming to act in an adult manner. That is hypocritical. You pick on people until they have various reactions towards you. You bring it on yourself, yet aren't adult enough to admit your culpability in what brought on the reactions people have towards you.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. -- 1 Corinthians 13:11​

You, sir, still act very much like a petulant little boy.

1. [h=3]pet·u·lant/ˈpeCHələnt/
      [/h]
      Adjective:
      (of a person or their manner) Childishly sulky or bad-tempered.
      Synonyms:testy - pettish - peevish - irritable - cantankerous
      More info »Dictionary.com - Answers.com - The Free Dictionary

Nimnim

The Nim
Not everyone will always get along with people. Some are slow to fix the problem, for whatever reason, but if ignoring someone eventually is worse than the conflict of not ignoring someone, I'm not sure what to do in many life situation.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Dave went after zags when he first came on. He spent well over a year attacking my integrity. He gets what he deserves. If he choses to ignore me, I could really give a shcitt. But, in his proclamation of how much better he is than the rest of us lowly peasants, he managed to single out 2 women. My father would not call that acting like a man. Do you?

Nimnim

The Nim
Dave went after zags when he first came on. He spent well over a year attacking my integrity. He gets what he deserves. If he choses to ignore me, I could really give a shcitt. But, in his proclamation of how much better he is than the rest of us lowly peasants, he managed to single out 2 women. My father would not call that acting like a man. Do you?

I wouldn't call singling out anyone being a man, women the target or not, but if he's making an effort to improve himself I think I should give him a chance.

I was absent for an extended period here, checking on occasion, so I missed a lot, but from when I was here before to now, it really does appear that Upstate is trying to be more civil. There is a way to go still, stigma and all, but I see that he's trying.

I won't fault anyone for holding a grudge or whatnot, but I have a different perspective because of my absence.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wouldn't call singling out anyone being a man, women the target or not, but if he's making an effort to improve himself I think I should give him a chance.

I was absent for an extended period here, checking on occasion, so I missed a lot, but from when I was here before to now, it really does appear that Upstate is trying to be more civil. There is a way to go still, stigma and all, but I see that he's trying.

I won't fault anyone for holding a grudge or whatnot, but I have a different perspective because of my absence.
Well, I have been on this rodeo before and will again. He tries this every once in awhile. Come some saturday morning when he is bored and ornery, More or I or some other poor sucker will feel his wrath. Mark my words. It will happen.

He is selling some here, including you Nim, some snake oil. Give him a chance all you want, but you will see I am right. I wish it wasn't so, but it is. Sorry, I am not saying you are an idiot or anything. But, as you say, you haven't been on here in a while.

Nimnim

The Nim
Menotyou, I wanted to pull this to private message to avoid cluttering the thread but you don't allow it.

If Upstate really hasn't changed his ways and is just playing an act, I'll see it soon enough. I've been back for around a week, and during that time I'm seeing an attempt at a more civil approach. I do recall how he was, especially towards Moreluck, but in this recent time I'm seeing a significantly less abrasive Upstate. He's still stubborn and a know it all, but not as quick on the insults.

Edit: I'm also not checking all the subforums anymore so I'm sure I'll miss some activity.

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Menotyou, I wanted to pull this to private message to avoid cluttering the thread but you don't allow it.

If Upstate really hasn't changed his ways and is just playing an act, I'll see it soon enough. I've been back for around a week, and during that time I'm seeing an attempt at a more civil approach. I do recall how he was, especially towards Moreluck, but in this recent time I'm seeing a significantly less abrasive Upstate. He's still stubborn and a know it all, but not as quick on the insults.

Edit: I'm also not checking all the subforums anymore so I'm sure I'll miss some activity.
I appreciate an honest effort to better one's self.