No one want to drive in Detroit

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Same hazards here. Had 3 guys roll up on me at a resi stop with some nonsense about shipping a package. As they got close I pulled my knife, opened it and put it under the diad. Seeing that they made some excuses and left.

Had to deliver to a hype house and every driver that did went in with an open knife in hand. The largest you could legally carry.

Some meth heads tried jumping me in the ghetto. Called the police, who were very good at responding to UPS, Fed-Ex and USPS drivers...they caught them. 1 year later one of the same meth heads tried it again. This time the police raided their house after catching him and I never saw them again.

We had 6 routes in that loop and everybody was having trouble on a daily basis. center manager set up a meeting with district LP to perhaps authorize an additional route so we'd all be out of the worst areas by 11 am but they never showed.

Just blew us off.

Zowert

@Zowert Will you have to also offer to teach them how to drive a stick? Just kidding, hope all our drivers remain safe in tough times.
Haha, we have one old manual P500 left at our center. Which reminds me of the one time they cut my route last summer. I demanded my 8, figured they would have something for me to do or just pay me and send me home. Neither happened, manager said if I wanted my guaranteed 8 I’d have to sit around center until 5. He thought this would persuade me to take an RO. Haha nope. After a couple hours of boredom I asked one of sup’s for something to do. “Go drive the old 5-speed around.” Uhh, alright! I ended up driving that thing around for five hours. Took it out for lunch then just drove around town, keeping my manual skills sharp. I saw a couple drivers out on road, they’re like “What are you doing?” Nothing much, you got any misloads? “Yeah actually I do.” So I ended up ferrying a couple misloads between drivers. Just a weird day.