No scans

BrownTexas

8 am? I don't touch a package before my start time 0830...and I don't tell anyone I'm going to be out late I just am. I don't care, thats more money in my pocket. And no I'm not going through my truck, waste of my time.
If your instructed too. Then they are paying you for it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
8 am? I don't touch a package before my start time 0830...and I don't tell anyone I'm going to be out late I just am. I don't care, thats more money in my pocket. And no I'm not going through my truck, waste of my time.
You must have better preloaders than we do.
I get 15-20 minutes of pay everyday to go through my load looking for misloads. Park in the shade, open bulkhead and back doors, crank up the tunes and make some easy money.
Most days I get another 30 minutes or so running the misloads I find or meeting other drivers to exchange them. If I'm on the clock, it's never a waste of time.

Last edited:

BostonBo

How come we don't get a time allowance to go through our cars? Don't complain about us being over when we waste 20 minutes sorting the car (and that's if we are lucky to have room to do that at 2 PM)!

BrownTexas

Gotta love that union brotherhood.
Must be nice to never make mistakes, how's that working out for you?
Making mistakes and making multiple mistakes everyday are 2 different things. I've loaded cars and know if you actually care, you can make a drivers day much easier. When you just throw packages in the car and wait for them to tell you to go home, you can go flip burgers at McDonald's.

JL 0513

I know misloading is an honest mistake but I wonder if preloaders understand how costly each misload is and the hassle involved. It's a typical 15-45 min of labor + fuel and vehicle usage. Whether it's the driver running it off, a driver to driver meet, or someone driving all the way from the center to get it and then bring to the correct driver. 1-2 misloads can actually cost in total a preloaders pay for a whole shift. Crazy if you think about it.

Boulevard859710

Making mistakes and making multiple mistakes everyday are 2 different things. I've loaded cars and know if you actually care, you can make a drivers day much easier. When you just throw packages in the car and wait for them to tell you to go home, you can go flip burgers at McDonald's.
About 4 days out of every week there's something :censored2:ed up on my truck. That's not called a mistake that's called not giving a :censored2:.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You must have better preloaders than we do.
I get 15-20 minutes of pay everyday to go through my load looking for misloads. Park in the shade, open bulkhead and back doors, crank up the tunes and make some easy money.
Most days I get another 30 minutes or so running the misloads I find or meeting other drivers to exchange them. If I'm on the clock, it's never a waste of time.

and I have no problem with that, we could spend $10.50 on 4 extra pre-load employee's to get it right but no we are going to pay you $52 x 2 to do what they should be doing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Found two more "mistakes" since my last post. It must be some gay/incest thing because it seems like I'm getting screwed by my Union "Brother".
You seem hung up on my comment about union brotherhood. Just to be clear, I wasn't saying you don't have a valid complaint. My problem was with you calling a coworker a piece of :censored2: because you don't like how he's doing his job.

I don't find misloads and think to myself, that piece of :censored2: preloader is screwing me. Misloads make me money, so in the long run he's actually doing me a favor. It's all about perspective.

Boulevard859710

You seem hung up on my comment about union brotherhood. Just to be clear, I wasn't saying you don't have a valid complaint. My problem was with you calling a coworker a piece of :censored2: because you don't like how he's doing his job.

I don't find misloads and think to myself, that piece of :censored2: preloader is screwing me. Misloads make me money, so in the long run he's actually doing me a favor. It's all about perspective.
Ok I can respect that. I do need to cut you some slack because I wasn't really clear in my initial comment. I should have clarified more. It's just more often than not my load is jacked up. 4 out of 5 days is a pretty accurate number for the week. It's just when its a 150 in the back of the truck and you find yet another stop they're going to ask you to run it gets frustrating. Have a good night. Sorry I came at you that way.

BostonBo

I'm not "worried" about my over under because I scratch every day. I don't run and gun, but I'm a robot, and I don't socialize with my customers or chit chat on my phone all day.