part timers!

hatebrown5

I hope all part timers will tell the union that we should get more at the next contract!
The last contract we got crap.I know we got health insurance but we should get more pay!

smokey711

I make $21.04 an hour. I have wonderful health care benefits for me AND my family. My work situation is protected by our contract and enforced by business agents, stewards, my co-workers and I. Plus, I pretty much get to choose how much I want to work between 15 and 30+ hours. I don't think it's all that bad a part-time job.

No contract is perfect, but what we have is not "crap."

upsman2940

We just had a local meeting this past Saturday and no part timers showed up!! Had a bunch of those forms for them to fill out with suggestions and havent received any of them back!

eedsegura

I agree with the insurance delay. I've witnessed alot of people quitting after they used the insurance. The contract may be "crap " but its better than most jobs. I'd like overtime also but the union reps at my hub just nod their head and walk away.

Mr Shifter

From what I remember here in southeast Texas the current contract boosted starting pay $1. There was also the part about the longer progression for benefits but the union had to give some in order to "save the pension." I do recall that on Aug 1, 2008 I receive an extra dollar as well as the contractual half yearly raise. I remember the District Manager mailing a letter stating that we should stay because we would be getting raising in Aug 1. Maybe they just buttered my biscuit because i remember asking other part timers and non would confess to the extra boost. I believe it was because I was hired under the 2003-2008 contract and I asked only my coworkers from pre-2003 due to the high turnover....

CAFAL

It could be 7.25 an hour w no benefits. Full timers will get shafted. Ups has tried to get rid of pt benefits before. Everyone should be grateful for what we have now cause it's gonna get worse

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It could be 7.25 an hour w no benefits. Full timers will get shafted. Ups has tried to get rid of pt benefits before. Everyone should be grateful for what we have now cause it's gonna get worse
7.25/hr is below minimum wage in, likely, most states. Having said that I would add I didn't look up the actual data on minimum wages, but it is fairly safe to say that.

It is baffling to think the union hourlies will be taking a hit in 2013, with the success of the company and overall profitability in the past three to five years. I know UPS wants to break the union, and these PAS/telematics etc type technologies are a strong aggressor move on the chessboard.

S

speeddemon

I think you will see the starting wage increase, but lose insurance coverage in some way. When I started in 88, it was 8$ an hour. That definitely needs to be increased.

CAFAL

7.25/hr is below minimum wage in, likely, most states. Having said that I would add I didn't look up the actual data on minimum wages, but it is fairly safe to say that.

It is baffling to think the union hourlies will be taking a hit in 2013, with the success of the company and overall profitability in the past three to five years. I know UPS wants to break the union, and these PAS/telematics etc type technologies are a strong aggressor move on the chessboard.

7.25 in NY right now. The bargaining power has diminished from the union with the dire state of you the pension funds. Also take into consideration the fact of the on going acquisition of tnt in CASH. Kind of ironic it's happening in a contract year. I predict a higher starting wage for pt and a gouging of their benefits. Ft will get higher contributions to the pension for the union to mismanage and minimal raises to the paycheck