Police Brutality & Executions

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I agree with you that is the best way to handle it.
The problem is that not everyone can afford to get an attorney, and reporting a cop doesn't usually accomplish anything. It's he said/she said, and we both know who the department is going to believe.

I'm not suggesting violent resistance, or even being rude.... but for a large portion of the population, "arguing" by the side of the road is the closest they will ever get to having their voices heard.

I would love to see a nationally televised panel discussion between 20 white cops and 20 BLM members, with both sides having the ability to show video recordings of use-of-force incidents. I would want the panel to be moderated by a respected member of the African American community (Oprah would be a good choice) who would make sure that both sides were given equal opportunity to speak and share their perspectives.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A Harris County sheriff’s deputy was ambushed and executed while he was pumping gas at a Chevron convenience store near Houston late Friday.

A man reportedly came up from behind the deputy, who was in full uniform and on duty, and shot him in the back of the head. The 10-year veteran died at the scene.

“A male suspect came up from behind the deputy and shot the deputy multiple times. The deputy then fell to ground. The suspect then continued over to him and shot the deputy again multiple times as he laid on the ground,” Harris County deputy Thomas Gilliland told reporters during a press conference.

The suspect, who was described as having a dark complexion, fled the scene in a red Ford Ranger.

About a dozen bullet casings littered the convenience store parking lot.

oldngray

nowhere special
Blue-Lives-Matter.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
We pay salaries to the police so that they can catch bad guys and put them in jail.

Any time they spend arguing with me or dealing with me being rude and obnoxious is time (and my tax dollars) that is being wasted. It is time that they could spend chasing actual bad guys instead.

Police officers are also trained to be assertive in order to establish verbal control and domination of a situation so that they can gain compliance and avoid taking it to the next level i.e. physical force. This often comes across as being very rude and intimidating. Deal with it. They don't always have the luxury of being able to be nice and sensitive to everybody they meet, and they aren't there to make you happy. They are also human beings and like any human being they are susceptible to the effects of adrenaline and fear and there is no amount of training that can fully eliminate that. As civilians, you and I have the luxury of being able to run away from gunfire; they have to run towards it.
But an officer doesn't have to waste time on me being rude and obnoxious. He chooses to. He can write the ticket, note my noncompliance, and move on. The problem comes when they enter into my idiocy because they insist that I "respect their authority".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(CNN)A man "believed to be the alleged gunman" in the killing of a uniformed Houston-area sheriff's deputy was in custody Saturday morning, Sgt. William Kennard of the Texas Department of Public Safety told CNN.

The man's mother called the Harris County Sheriff's Department about her son, Kennard said. "All the information she had heard led to him."

A red pickup truck was parked at the spot where deputies took the person in custody, according to video shot by CNN affiliate KTRK. Authorities had said the suspect drove away from the shooting in a red Ford Ranger.

oldngray

nowhere special
(CNN)A man "believed to be the alleged gunman" in the killing of a uniformed Houston-area sheriff's deputy was in custody Saturday morning, Sgt. William Kennard of the Texas Department of Public Safety told CNN.

The man's mother called the Harris County Sheriff's Department about her son, Kennard said. "All the information she had heard led to him."

A red pickup truck was parked at the spot where deputies took the person in custody, according to video shot by CNN affiliate KTRK. Authorities had said the suspect drove away from the shooting in a red Ford Ranger.

He didn't even try to hide who he was. Sounds like someone else with mental health issues.

oldngray

nowhere special

The mother seems to be changing her story. Now she is saying her sweet innocent son was home with her all night.

wkmac

But an officer doesn't have to waste time on me being rude and obnoxious. He chooses to. He can write the ticket, note my noncompliance, and move on. The problem comes when they enter into my idiocy because they insist that I "respect their authority".

I think a much deeper question exists in regards to police, their intent and their purpose. A look a history of police at some point becomes necessary and then to determine if that is an intent desired.

Dr. Gary Potter of Eastern Kentucky University School of Justice Studies produced a historical look of police and then made this open source for all to have access to for consideration.

A similar study source is available for consideration as well.