Public perception

nWo

UPS has agreed to massive wage increases, more ft jobs, AC, Pension improvements, elimination of 22.4, elimination of forced 6th days. I think the public perception is that UPS paid up.

Up In Smoke

UPS has agreed to massive wage increases, more ft jobs, AC, Pension improvements, elimination of 22.4, elimination of forced 6th days. I think the public perception is that UPS paid up.
I've received nothing but congratulations for sticking to our guns and getting as much as we can from our employer. We definitely had the public's support.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've received nothing but congratulations for sticking to our guns and getting as much as we can from our employer. We definitely had the public's support.
A true test of public support will come if this contract proposal is (foolishly) voted down and you guys do end up going on strike, especially when details of the TA are "leaked" to the public.

Thebrownblob

I have many customers congratulating me. And these are big customers, shockingly their perception as we deserve a good contract and are happy for us. They know we work hard.

Thebrownblob

A true test of public support will come if this contract proposal is (foolishly) voted down and you guys do end up going on strike, especially when details of the TA are "leaked" to the public.
The likelihood of a strike is very low, even if we vote no. (I do not think that will happen) Sean used much of the same rhetoric for the ABF contract. A couple of the supplements got voted down. There was no strike.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same argument was made for $41. Of course, customers won’t be happy if their service is disrupted.
Back in 1997 at the onset of the strike we had all sorts of public support. Random people would stop by the picket line to drop off food and drinks. That all changed when our local newspaper decided to run a story in which they detailed to the penny how much a FT driver made. After the story ran, we had folks driving by telling us to get our butts back to work.

Thebrownblob

Back in 1997 at the onset of the strike we had all sorts of public support. Random people would stop by the picket line to drop off food and drinks. That all changed when our local newspaper decided to run a story in which they detailed to the penny how much a FT driver made. After the story ran, we had folks driving by telling us to get our butts back to work.
I don’t remember anyone saying that in 1997 to us. I know we make pretty decent money, but when you look at the disparity between corporate executives and the workers it has only grown exponentially since 1997. Anyone who would be mad at us for asking for a few more dollars is really just cutting their own throats. Even with a nice raise were still just like dogs scratching at the door of the fat cats.

Doubt it.

Up In Smoke

Not by us. We had dozens of people stop and cheer us on. A construction company dropped of porta potties and the teachers union cooked meals for us. The cab company offered drop offs to the strike line for any one who wanted to donate to the cause.

Not by us. We had dozens of people stop and cheer us on. A construction company dropped of porta potties and the teachers union cooked meals for us. The cab company offered drop offs to the strike line for any one who wanted to donate to the cause.
It didn't happen where he was either, he's just a full of :censored2: attention whore.

UPSER1987

BC admittedly has a very small sample size, but I believe most teamsters believe this contract is the floor and sob got played.

Thebrownblob

BC admittedly has a very small sample size, but I believe most teamsters believe this contract is the floor and sob got played.
Nope not even close, actually, the only complaint I’ve heard from anyone is people still in progression wishing progression had been reduced. Outside of that in person, people are pretty positive. Really difficult to judge anything said online.

Thebrownblob

Also, let’s not forget that when the ballot gets mailed, and the member is sitting at the kitchen table, looking at it, while their spouse is talking about how high the gas bill is, and how the kids have so many things to pay for before school starts, and electric bill is higher this month, they got a new Ford raptor sitting in the driveway and about $120 in there personal strike fund, most of these Internet tough guys no votes become a yes vote.