Public perception

Thebrownblob

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜…šŸ˜šŸ¤£set the bar huh? Set the bar on how to get :censored2:ed over maybe
The sad part is, youā€™re still here, working under this awful deal that the people you worked with voted for buy a large margin. Clearly youā€™re smarter, more talented, and better than everyone you work with Iā€™m not certain why youā€™re wasting your time here.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Thebrownblob

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜…šŸ˜šŸ¤£set the bar huh? Set the bar on how to get :censored2:ed over maybe

Non liberal

Right and Sean said basically we took them to the woodshed I got everything we want. Thatā€™s what both sides will do and say they won knowing they came to an agreement that met in the middle. Theyā€™re speaking to their base. Her the shareholders, him his members, Why donā€™t you understand that?
We already make a top scale about $14 more an hour than the UAW. We have better insurance and we have a better pension. If thereā€™s somewhere thatā€™s that much better Iā€™m not certain where itā€™s at, and why youā€™re not there, and why youā€™re not telling us where itā€™s at so we can go with you. just about every financial publication you could think of has said this is an incredibly bad deal for UPS because of the costs. I guess they donā€™t know what theyā€™re talking about.
Lol, I understand that just fine. It doesnā€™t make it true. Either side. You can figure out for yourself a 3.3% annual raise isnā€™t sufficient. Especially with the inflation we are enduring. Whether or not we can make more a
The sad part is, youā€™re still here, working under this awful deal that the people you worked with voted for buy a large margin. Clearly youā€™re smarter, more talented, and better than everyone you work with Iā€™m not certain why youā€™re wasting your time here.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
whether thatā€™s true or not is irrelevant. We should have gotten more from a company making billions. And we could have. But we had an inexperienced or crooked party doing the negotiating for us soā€¦

Non liberal

What I do understand.... is that you don't work for your Local, Joint Council, or the IBT.
So Iā€™m just supposed to keep my mouth shut even though Iā€™m a paying dues member? I donā€™t think so bud. This isnā€™t communist China. Even though the union would probably like it to be.

Thebrownblob

Lol, I understand that just fine. It doesnā€™t make it true. Either side. You can figure out for yourself a 3.3% annual raise isnā€™t sufficient. Especially with the inflation we are enduring. Whether or not we can make more a

whether thatā€™s true or not is irrelevant. We should have gotten more from a company making billions. And we could have. But we had an inexperienced or crooked party doing the negotiating for us soā€¦
Perhaps the bar was Low I donā€™t know. But whether you feel so or not our contract did set the bar. You do realize most of the people who are in negotiations have done it before?, and under the current leader ship pushing them they got a lot more than they ever got? And again at any point the membership couldā€™ve decided it wasnā€™t enough. The bar was even lowered by getting rid of the 2/3 rule. The people you work with were satisfied it is what it is.

Up In Smoke

Wages and benefits are 70% of most service sector businesses costs. Our current inflation is being driven by those costs as they work through our economy. Chicken and egg arguments.

Thebrownblob

So Iā€™m just supposed to keep my mouth shut even though Iā€™m a paying dues member? I donā€™t think so bud. This isnā€™t communist China. Even though the union would probably like it to be.
No one asked you to keep your mouth shut lol thatā€™s silly. Iā€™ve never met a union member who is quiet. šŸ˜‚ but just like you even if theyā€™re not happy they donā€™t quit because they know itā€™s better here than anywhere else.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I donā€™t care anymore.
Wages and benefits are 70% of most service sector businesses costs. Our current inflation is being driven by those costs as they work through our economy. Chicken and egg arguments.
Our inflation is being driven by fuel prices. I guess youā€™re a Bidenomics guy. Inflation was up last month. Oil is at 90 a barrel. The fed can raise rates and inflation may come down, but the price of goods as the are now will never come down unless fuel comes down.

Non liberal

No one asked you to keep your mouth shut lol thatā€™s silly. Iā€™ve never met a union member who is quiet. šŸ˜‚ but just like you even if theyā€™re not happy they donā€™t quit because they know itā€™s better here than anywhere else.
Maybe so, but irrelevant. We should have gotten more. Not sure how many times it needs to be said. We had a golden opportunity that weā€™ll never have again.

Up In Smoke

Our inflation is being driven by fuel prices. I guess youā€™re a Bidenomics guy. Inflation was up last month. Oil is at 90 a barrel. The fed can raise rates and inflation may come down, but the price of goods as the are now will never come down unless fuel comes down.
We've had fuel prices this high and higher dozens of times without inflation. We haven't seen a wage growth period like this in 40 years. Who thought they would see starting wages at fast food and retail stores over $20 an hour plus benefits. Not in my lifetime.

Non liberal

Perhaps the bar was Low I donā€™t know. But whether you feel so or not our contract did set the bar. You do realize most of the people who are in negotiations have done it before?, and under the current leader ship pushing them they got a lot more than they ever got? And again at any point the membership couldā€™ve decided it wasnā€™t enough. The bar was even lowered by getting rid of the 2/3 rule. The people you work with were satisfied it is what it is.
But this was the time for money. To hell with the other :censored2:. Everyone should have gotten a lot more money. Get the other language next time. You wonā€™t get money next time, guaranteed!

UnionStrong

We've had fuel prices this high and higher dozens of times without inflation. We haven't seen a wage growth period like this in 40 years. Who thought they would see starting wages at fast food and retail stores over $20 an hour plus benefits. Not in my lifetime.
We havenā€™t had idiots like these running us into the ground before either. Between the outrageous spending bills, covid payments and fuel prices, this is unsustainable. The country is going bankrupt. Oh and tax revenue was down too. Drill more oil, prices will come down.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

But this was the time for money. To hell with the other :censored2:. Everyone should have gotten a lot more money. Get the other language next time. You wonā€™t get money next time, guaranteed!
OK, but people voted for it, overwhelmingly. Most people were satisfied, and or did not want to potentially walk a picket line. When you started working at UPS, whether you realize it or not, you threw your lot in with the rest of us, we donā€™t all get to decide on our own. We do it as a group.

UnionStrong

OK, but people voted for it, overwhelmingly. Most people were satisfied, and or did not want to potentially walk a picket line. When you started working at UPS, whether you realize it or not, you threw your lot in with the rest of us, we donā€™t all get to decide on our own. We do it as a group.
Thereā€™s no ā€œIā€ in teamsters. Lol