Putting in My Letter of Intent

Anthonysg0113

He can't work more than 60 hrs and week be it driving 1 hr or sitting behind a desk 59. Also it's not possible to be max out after 4 days as you can only work 14 hrs a day and 4 X 14 = 56. Once he reaches 60 hrs he is done working in any capacity until he does his 34 hr reset..
Three day weekend!

oldandcrabby

He can't work more than 60 hrs and week be it driving 1 hr or sitting behind a desk 59. Also it's not possible to be max out after 4 days as you can only work 14 hrs a day and 4 X 14 = 56. Once he reaches 60 hrs he is done working in any capacity until he does his 34 hr reset..

He had 14 yesterday still working now so if all goes like it has been then wouldn't he reach max hours sometime during the day on Friday? Then he goes in and gets called off the road and off until 34 hour reset? He isn't asking it is just my innate curiosity of how things work.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah I think so son tells me he wants Jeep repaired and take put down payment on new Nissan and get upsers discount. He was hoping to be thru most of peak.

Husband isn't quite ready to play taps for his Jeep yet. He still says solid vehicle and got him through to and from the airport hub during 2010 blizzard.

*cough*Toyota*cough*

UPSGUY72

He had 14 yesterday still working now so if all goes like it has been then wouldn't he reach max hours sometime during the day on Friday? Then he goes in and gets called off the road and off until 34 hour reset? He isn't asking it is just my innate curiosity of how things work.

They wouldn't send him out with 4 hours left on Friday.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I haven't made the final decision yet and it won't be till after the first of the year some time. That's if I pass the MRE which has replace MAPP and if I pass my interview.

So, This is a troll tread ?

All kidding aside, whether you make the move or not, you really need to work on your writing skills.

I hate being a grammar nazi.

But....

They wouldn't send him out with 4 hours left on Friday.

They can't, when you have a 8-hour guarantee.

-Bug-

UPSGUY72

So, This is a troll tread ?

I hate being a grammar nazi.

But....

They can't, when you have a 8-hour guarantee.

Actually they could since it's guaranteed time it wouldn't count toward the 60 hours as they would be paying him to sit home and do nothing. the 60 hrs says nothing about home many hours you can get paid for it only says you can't paid for WORKing more than 60 hrs. In my area you could work 60 and get paid for 61.66 hr as we a bonus of 20 minutes if we work over 10 hr a day.

-Bug-

No not a troll tread:rofl:

Actually they could call him in for 4hr since it's guaranteed time it wouldn't count toward the 60 hours as they would be paying him to sit home and do nothing. the 60 hrs says nothing about home many hours you can get paid for it only says you can't paid for WORKing more than 60 hrs. In my area you could work 60 and get paid for 61.66 hr as we a bonus of 20 minutes if we work over 10 hr a day.

Anthonysg0113

Thanks. I haven't made the final decision yet and it won't be till after the first of the year some time. That's if I pass the MRE which has replace MAPP and if I pass my interview.
You would have to be a real :censored2: bag not to pass that test since it isn't a job everyone wants in the first place. If you didn't pass they just had something against you.

UPSGUY72

You would have to be a real :censored2: bag not to pass that test since it isn't a job everyone wants in the first place. If you didn't pass they just had something against you.

It's a online assessment and then a phone interview with someone that could be located across the country. However like my center manager said you don't get anywhere in this company unless someone likes you. I know over 30 routes in 3 of the 4 centers in my area and I always willing to learn another on the blind if necessary. I have never been in the office getting talked or written up...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why can't he work more than 60 hours?

oldandcrabby

Lmao wanna bet?

Unless he's a feeder driver. In which case he'd probably still be put to work on property.

Not a feeder driver PC driver just got back home from picking him up 13 hrs today. He came very close to a 60 hour work week in 2013. He is just finishing up dinner right now. He had 9 apartment buildings and he just said to me online ordering is up and it will nice check.

UPSGUY72

Why can't he work more than 60 hours?

You can't be paid for working more than 60 hrs during a 7 day work week. You however can work more than 60 hrs but that time would have to be unpaid. You also can work 60 hours and get still get paid for more than 60 hours. The only time that counts is time your actually working and getting paid to do so.

Brownslave688

You can't be paid for working more than 60 hrs during a 7 day work week. You however can work more than 60 hrs but that time would have to be unpaid. You also can work 60 hours and get still get paid for more than 60 hours. The only time that counts is time your actually working and getting paid to do so.
You are so so wrong.

You just can't drive after 60 hours.

oldandcrabby

*cough*Toyota*cough*

He is also looking at Jeep Patriot too. He likes the service he has received from the dealership where he bought his used Jeep from as it comes with a lifetime warranty on new and used vehicles. He is hoping to get a used Jeep from them again.

Brownslave688

He is also looking at Jeep Patriot too. He likes the service he has received from the dealership where he bought his used Jeep from as it comes with a lifetime warranty on new and used vehicles. He is hoping to get a used Jeep from them again.
Well a patriot will be in for service ALOT!!!

UPSGUY72

Brownslave688

WRONG you can't work more that 60 hours a week no matter if it's driving or waiting to be dispatched any time your getting paid counts towards your 60 hrs even if it's a second job.

You can't drive more that 11 hrs a day... UPS package driver would never reach that number since we are stop and go all day long...

http://www.jjkellerservices.com/articles/basic_hours_of_service_compliance.html
You can't work driving.

Plenty of guys on here who have talked about working as a helper after reaching 60 hours.

Or feeders who have worked up to 70 hours. You just can't leave the property after 60 hours.