Question about leaving package on street curb

txminer

Go Sox
This reminds me of the time some customer during Christmas told me I misdelivered his box across the street and he wanted it now..I told him go across the street and get it I was swamped. He told me that was not his job I said fine but it would be late. I made sure it was around 8:30 that night went across the street asked for the box from the lady I checked it out the box it was a Fed Ex ground box....... You talk about being hot I took it across the street and lit in to him for 5 minutes and his wife. She was so embarrased she told her husband to apologize to me and it wouldn't happen again. That made my Christmas the guy still doesn't look at me in the face.

LKLND3380

It is my understanding that UPS drivers in driver release areas are supposed to attempt to deliver a package to a customer at least twice.

Well, yesterday, this did not happen.

I live on 4 acres of land and have a long driveway to my home.

I received a package shipped via UPS. It was left on the street curb. Now, understand that this is a long way from my house, and that I have had many deliveries to my door in the past.

Is there anyone I can talk to about this? I have a feeling this driver was in a hurry and just left it on the curb without ever trying to deliver to the door, because it would take a couple of minutes.

I am a disgruntled customer. But, I have family that works for UPS, so I know this is not the way things should be done.

Any advice?

Maybe the driver was being observed for a time study and delivery of the package to your door exceeded the allowed time by management...:w00t:

LKLND3380

First,are you absolutely sure it was a ups pkg? Second ,was there some reason the driver could not safely get up to the house,dog,etc?

Reminds me of a Omaha Steak story...

Customer had a fence with a dog... UPSer decided to not get a dog bite and dropped the big white styrofoam package on the inside of the fence... Customer comes home to find styrofoam all over their yard and no steaks...

I guess that is better than finding brown cloth all over the yard and no UPSer...:lol:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Reminds me of a Omaha Steak story...

Customer had a fence with a dog... UPSer decided to not get a dog bite and dropped the big white styrofoam package on the inside of the fence... Customer comes home to find styrofoam all over their yard and no steaks...

I guess that is better than finding brown cloth all over the yard and no UPSer...:lol:

Thats funny. They are shipper release, thats what ya do:lol:

myUPSguyTrickNme

Well @ least you recieved the package! :)

I never get my packages when the tracking says they are out for delivery! I check the tracking later on & it says

THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

NEVER GOT A INFO NOTICE STICKY ON MY DOOR EITHER!

The next day I check the tracking # it says:

THE RECEIVER WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.

Still no notices on my door but they say they were here when I was home @ the hours listed in the tracking....now while I'm waiting for a postcard to contact UPS the postcard gets here the day after the sendback date:crying:

UPS says they can't do NOTHING once it's sent back to the SHIPPER!

The SHIPPER is HSN well they can not contact UPS to request the package get sent back to me since it gets shipped to there warehouse which then gets sent to the outlets....

So now I'm SOL :confused:1 because the item is now outta stock SOLD OUT!

HSN had sent me replacements once but now this is the 2nd time it's happened so I need to re-order the items & when they receive the others they will credit me!

Does anyone know how I can get these packages now from SECAUCUS, NJ?:sad:

TIA!

maybrown

is not a woman
Are you living in a building or a single family?
Most UPS drivers don't want to bring your package
back and forth 3 times.
Are you living in a good neigborhood?
Is your bell working properly?
Sometimes I need to make 2rd attempt if a customer requests
(same day).

Raw

Raw Member
Well @ least you recieved the package! :)

I never get my packages when the tracking says they are out for delivery! I check the tracking later on & it says

THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

NEVER GOT A INFO NOTICE STICKY ON MY DOOR EITHER!

The next day I check the tracking # it says:

THE RECEIVER WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.

Still no notices on my door but they say they were here when I was home @ the hours listed in the tracking....now while I'm waiting for a postcard to contact UPS the postcard gets here the day after the sendback date:crying:

UPS says they can't do NOTHING once it's sent back to the SHIPPER!

The SHIPPER is HSN well they can not contact UPS to request the package get sent back to me since it gets shipped to there warehouse which then gets sent to the outlets....

So now I'm SOL :confused:1 because the item is now outta stock SOLD OUT!

HSN had sent me replacements once but now this is the 2nd time it's happened so I need to re-order the items & when they receive the others they will credit me!

Does anyone know how I can get these packages now from SECAUCUS, NJ?:sad:

TIA!
No.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes I am aware of that all because I make him nervous:confused:1
What kind of ups driver do you have? How could you make him nervous? You order qvc, and hsn, you have to be in your 70s! Save yourself some money and stay on the site all day, and keep away from that dam tv!