Question: Can you retire from UPS after less than 10 years??

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by BFLOGATEWAYDRIVER, Jan 2, 2008.

and take a full time job working for another Company with a different union??? :confused2:
    If so, where do you start ??
  2. rod

rod retired and happy

You can "retire" from UPS and take a job elsewhere anytime you want. If you are thinking that you automatically start getting a pension check the answer is no. I don't believe there is a pension after only 10 years- but I'm sure someone else on here is more up on this than me.
  3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Most people are " vested " in their pension plans after 5 years. What that details is that you have a right to collect after a certain age something ( it depends on several factors ).
  4. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

What do you mean vested? As in it kicks in automatically?
  5. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

"Most of the unions involved with UPS require a 5 year vest (which means you have to be employed for 5 years). In most cases you can start collecting at age 62 at a reduced rate or age 65 for no penalty. Also if you are partimer you would be only getting a company pension which in my area is $55 a year for every year of service. So yes you will get a pension at 62 with 10 years of service. And yes you can work another job while collecting a pension as long it's not the same union (like any teamster job). If it's a company held pension you will get it doesn't matter where you work. Hope this was helpfull!!!