relocate for tcd

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jerry, Aug 10, 2011.

1. jerry

jerry New Member

Is it worth leaving family and home behind to tranfer center as a cover driver.?.currently preload shift 7 years.

2. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

not enough details to consider..

How far away is it? Do you have to rent out because of it? Will you be there for long? How many work out of your building? So many details not menctioned...

3. jerry

jerry New Member

Homeowner so yes I have to put up home for rent. Four hours away.small center but hurting for drivers.28 routes and only 24 drivers out of town sups taking routes due to driver shortage.and I will have to rent in new city.rent over ther and mortgage for fam. At least for a couple of months.move will be permanent.one year wait for full time.

4. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

Hold on a sec... can we part-timers transfer to other centers as FT cover drivers? If thats the case, I'd transfer to almost anyplace if given a FT driver gig.

5. jerry

jerry New Member

Yes..well you would transfer as a cover driver.only when center is in need.just register for a class and your set.

6. brown_trousers

class?

7. jerry

jerry New Member

Educational transfer...

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

...is just that and should not be used for the purpose your intending to use it for.

9. jerry

jerry New Member

Currently enrolled in school.so why not...

10. brown_trousers

even with an educational transfer, I was told I could only transfer into same job classification I am in now.

11. uber

uber Guest

Oh hey, it the hall monitor back in action.

12. jerry

jerry New Member

Ha....I can tell.