Returning to UPS

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good evening Gang,

I'll get straight to it.

Drove from Late 2015 to July 2020.
Hung it up due to fears over COVID with elderly parents.

Covid blew over, and I'm itching to jump back into the suck.

I have a couple drivers I still talk to, and one of them told me if it's been less than 3 years since I left, I can reach out to the Union and see if I can get reinstated with my seniority still intact.

Curious if anyone here can co-sign what he said. I will be calling the Union in the morning to see what my options are. I have buddies who drive for FedEx and they are all for me joining them, but the pay and benefits are not as robust as what I've come from. I have a conditional offer from them, and with the ground & express operation merging under one house it could be beneficial in the future. Who knows.

Push come to shove I'll drive fedex and work my way back into the UPS ecosystem. Didn't leave on bad terms, stayed out of trouble and supervisors were let down that I was pulling out. I'm sure they'd love to have me back in their center.

I'm cool with going back to Integrad, shouldn't be an issue but I would like to drive again.
Aren’t you the guy who quit UPS once before to move to Texas from another state?

BrownThunder

Aren’t you the guy who quit UPS once before to move to Texas from another state?
Yeah started off in California, we decided to move to Texas for a better lifestyle. Had to quit and work my way up from the bottom. Took 7 months. It sucked but I ended up getting red circled so I was at 30/hr until I hit Top Scale. It was perfect how it worked out, I did not plan on ever leaving.

Thebrownblob

Yeah started off in California, we decided to move to Texas for a better lifestyle. Had to quit and work my way up from the bottom. Took 7 months. It sucked but I ended up getting red circled so I was at 30/hr until I hit Top Scale. It was perfect how it worked out, I did not plan on ever leaving.
1687535828867.gif

Why do you not think the company would just feel like you would probably quit again the third time, if you got uncomfortable?

Did you at least get a withdrawal card when you left?

Sooo....you left the Western Supplement and retirement.....for the Southern...??

@542thruNthru you seeing this???

giphy (1) (2).gif

Thebrownblob

I guess so.

We left California for a better lifestyle. We have not skipped a beat financially my wife makes 200K and I have a couple side hustles that still pay me to this day. I understand yall got jokes you want to get off, I'm a big boy do what you gotta do.
They’re really not jokes they’re just observations. You seem to have a commitment problem if it works for you. Its cool, no biggie.

BrownThunder

Did you at least get a withdrawal card when you left?
Withdrawal card?
They’re really not jokes they’re just observations. You seem to have a commitment problem if it works for you. Its cool, no biggie.
I can see how you feel that way. I'm committed to my family first. Wanted a more traditional upbringing for my daughter and a more upper middleclass lifestyle for my family. When I left in 2020 it was to protect my loved ones. I thought I was doing a noble thing by sacrificing myself for them.

Withdrawal card?

I can see how you feel that way. I'm committed to my family first. Wanted a more traditional upbringing for my daughter and a more upper middleclass lifestyle for my family. When I left in 2020 it was to protect my loved ones. I thought I was doing a noble thing by sacrificing myself for them.
Yes if you leave the union you go withdrawal card so if you get another union job you not owe back dues nor we have to pay initiation fees again

Thebrownblob

Withdrawal card?

Again, not making fun of any of that. I’m just making an observation this job requires sticking it out, quitting and restarting is not really helping your family or you it’s just prolonging working here.

Thebrownblob

Why would you want to come back? Place sucks.
Sucks is a bit extreme I don’t mind the job, management isn’t any good but whatever. If I had quit twice and returned the third time, I would probably resent this job pretty quickly, because of everything I had given up to come back and start at the bottom again.

542thruNthru

I guess so.

We left California for a better lifestyle. We have not skipped a beat financially my wife makes 200K and I have a couple side hustles that still pay me to this day. I understand yall got jokes you want to get off, I'm a big boy do what you gotta do.
No offense but if you were a big boy you wouldn't have quit again because of covid.

The reason he thinks you get 3 years is because he's misinterpreting this language.
Screenshot_20230623_091653_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

But you didn't get laid off. You quit. So you're back to square one. Honestly I'd be shocked if UPS brought you back a 3rd time. I sure as hell wouldn't. Give the job to someone that really wants it.