Returning to UPS

BrownThunder

Yes if you leave the union you go withdrawal card so if you get another union job you not owe back dues nor we have to pay initiation fees again
Gotcha, never heard of that nor was I ever advised on it.
A couple of months will probably cost you $100,000 or more
Again brother it is what it is, we're not hurting financially and have not slowed down how we save or invest.
Again, not making fun of any of that. I’m just making an observation this job requires sticking it out, quitting and restarting is not really helping your family or you it’s just prolonging working here.
Wasn't willing to "stick it out" in a cesspool of a state like California. Had to go.
Wasn't willing to "stick it out" with an unknown Virus that (at the time, I believed) could wipe my entire family out.
I was not prepared to play Russian Roulette with the people I care about most.

I always said UPS was the last company I would ever work for. Aside from Nuclear Armageddon, COVID was the only other thing that could ever get me to hang it up. I was depressed for months after leaving.

Thebrownblob

No offense but if you were a big boy you wouldn't have quit again because of covid.

The reason he thinks you get 3 years is because he's misinterpreting this language.
View attachment 434212

But you didn't get laid off. You quit. So you're back to square one. Honestly I'd be shocked if UPS brought you back a 3rd time. I sure as hell wouldn't. Give the job to someone that really wants it.
Correct and buy his own story management even asked him “ are you sure you want to do this?” Choices were made boldly, stick to it.

Thebrownblob

Again brother it is what it is, we're not hurting financially and have not slowed down how we save or invest.

Wasn't willing to "stick it out" in a cesspool of a state like California. Had to go.
Wasn't willing to "stick it out" with an unknown Virus that (at the time, I believed) could wipe my entire family out.

I always said UPS was the last company I would ever work for. Aside from Nuclear Armageddon, COVID was the only other thing that could ever get me to hang it up. I was depressed for months after leaving.
Again, no offense but what will be the next thing that will sway you to jump and quit? Would you hire you if you owned business after you quit two times?

I guess so.

We left California for a better lifestyle. We have not skipped a beat financially my wife makes 200K and I have a couple side hustles that still pay me to this day. I understand yall got jokes you want to get off, I'm a big boy do what you gotta do.
Hey man, you do you, I can't blame anyone for leaving California....but, there are a good handful of states between there and Texas that you could've maintained protection by the best supplement and the best retirement plan in UPS.

Best of luck to you my friend by really think you made a huge mistake

Cheesypurpletees

I appreciate you trying to understand. COVID became a "thing" in February 2020. By 2/20 I went out on sick leave and exhausted all of my sick time, then went on FMLA for 12 weeks. Stayed glued to major media (looking back, that was a mistake) and it painted a pretty dark picture. At the end of my FMLA I asked management to see if they would extend me another 30 days. My center manager said he couldn't do it. I told him I would walk. Every supervisor in the center called me asking if this was something I really wanted to do. I said no it's something I felt I had to do. July 1st that was that.

Hardest decision I've had to make. It is what it is I'm trained by the best and can drive my ass off regardless of what color the truck is. If FedEx is welcoming me with open arms I'll go there. Simple as that.

If you do decide on working for the dumpster fire that’s FedEx, save yourself some sanity and go with FedEx freight

BrownThunder

If you do decide on working for the dumpster fire that’s FedEx, save yourself some sanity and go with FedEx freight
I agree. A buddy of mine has been driving freight for 12 years with FedEX and really enjoys it. Just got off the phone with 2 BCs in my area and they are trying to work me into their system now. Got my study packet from cristcdl and have already begun studying.
No offense but if you were a big boy you wouldn't have quit again because of covid.

The reason he thinks you get 3 years is because he's misinterpreting this language.
View attachment 434212

But you didn't get laid off. You quit. So you're back to square one. Honestly I'd be shocked if UPS brought you back a 3rd time. I sure as hell wouldn't. Give the job to someone that really wants it.

That sums it up perfectly. I appreciate you taking the time to dig into the verbiage for me.

Commercial Inside Release

Teamsters rarely, if ever, advise about a withdrawal card.

At this point, you are better off driving for another company. One downside to UPS is you are locked into your local, with serious penalties -- in a turbulent, transient world.

Plenty of areas of the US go completely to hell, in the time it takes to make a UPS career.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I appreciate you trying to understand. COVID became a "thing" in February 2020. By 2/20 I went out on sick leave and exhausted all of my sick time, then went on FMLA for 12 weeks. Stayed glued to major media (looking back, that was a mistake) and it painted a pretty dark picture. At the end of my FMLA I asked management to see if they would extend me another 30 days. My center manager said he couldn't do it. I told him I would walk. Every supervisor in the center called me asking if this was something I really wanted to do. I said no it's something I felt I had to do. July 1st that was that.

Hardest decision I've had to make. It is what it is I'm trained by the best and can drive my ass off regardless of what color the truck is. If FedEx is welcoming me with open arms I'll go there. Simple as that.
I understand why you quit. I am retired from UPS and was working in a kitchen at a nursing home. Something I actually enjoyed. Paid literally nothing so it was not a hard choice. When the residents started dropping and so little was known, I quit.

BrownThunder

I understand why you quit. I am retired from UPS and was working in a kitchen at a nursing home. Something I actually enjoyed. Paid literally nothing so it was not a hard choice. When the residents started dropping and so little was known, I quit.
Sorry you went through that bud. Had to be tough seeing the elders get swept up in something that seemed so scary at the time.

Pullman Brown

Dude you love so much on the table it's ridiculous

giphy.gif

vvv

Lol quit because of covid. It's amazing that you have no qualms about admitting how brainwashed and lack of common sense you have. I applaud you.
Hey hey......come on now.....no teasing. He said he was "concerned about his elderly parents".
And as a bonus he gets along with management just fine.

I think what we have here is a good guy and deserves another shot....so whadda say ? :)