Returning to UPS

oldupsman

If you left on good terms like you said I think come peak season your chances
of getting back in are better than most folks on here think. UPS can bend the rules
whenever they want.

If your were a quality driver and the management team you
worked for is still there, they'll be glad to have you back for peak. After the holiday,
that's a toss up.

BrownThunder

If you left on good terms like you said I think come peak season your chances
of getting back in are better than most folks on here think. UPS can bend the rules
whenever they want.

If your were a quality driver and the management team you
worked for is still there, they'll be glad to have you back for peak. After the holiday,
that's a toss up.

Thanks OG, this is pretty much what I was thinking also. There was no bad blood between the center manager and ORS they were pretty bummed. If I was a lazy sack of :censored2: they would not have cared but I was one of the guys they knew they could count on.

I'll just drive FedEx, get my reps in and bide my time. Probably get my CDL between now and Peak and take it from there.

Thanks OG, this is pretty much what I was thinking also. There was no bad blood between the center manager and ORS they were pretty bummed. If I was a lazy sack of :censored2: they would not have cared but I was one of the guys they knew they could count on.

I'll just drive FedEx, get my reps in and bide my time. Probably get my CDL between now and Peak and take it from there.
Given the evolution of recent events, UPS may be desperate for some drivers around the beginning of August.

Cowboy Mac

Don’t forget why you left California when it comes time to vote. Come and live here and enjoy the opportunity, make the best life you can, but don’t ruin our state.

Best of luck at FedEx and remember everything is safety first in an 18 wheeler, this isn’t package car. You have rights. Read the STAA. I’m telling you this because 7 times out of 10 if there’s a tractor trailer in a ditch it says FedEx on the side.

BrownThunder

Don’t forget why you left California when it comes time to vote. Come and live here and enjoy the opportunity, make the best life you can, but don’t ruin our state.

Best of luck at FedEx and remember everything is safety first in an 18 wheeler, this isn’t package car. You have rights. Read the STAA. I’m telling you this because 7 times out of 10 if there’s a tractor trailer in a ditch it says FedEx on the side.

Buddy, I've been in Texas for 6 years.
Do you really think we left California just to turn Texas into something we ran from?

That "don't ruin our state" narrative is tired and has no place in this conversation. You think I'm kicking down the door at city hall with a briefcase full of hand written laws I need passed? Give me a break. I just want to live free and be left alone in an area where my family is safe and kid gets a quality education.

With that said, thank you for the encouragement. I'm aware of the mentality switch when transitioning fron package to freight. I'll take everything I've learned and experienced with me wherever I end up. Still know the 5 & 10 DOK by heart.

Great point. It would really suck having to scab my way into the organization but I'm sure they'll understand in my case since I already know everyone.
Ummm....

download (3).jpeg

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

Buddy, I've been in Texas for 6 years.
Do you really think we left California just to turn Texas into something we ran from?

That "don't ruin our state" narrative is tired and has no place in this conversation. You think I'm kicking down the door at city hall with a briefcase full of hand written laws I need passed? Give me a break. I just want to live free and be left alone in an area where my family is safe and kid gets a quality education.

With that said, thank you for the encouragement. I'm aware of the mentality switch when transitioning fron package to freight. I'll take everything I've learned and experienced with me wherever I end up. Still know the 5 & 10 DOK by heart.
6 years is not that long. It needs to be said. There’s a lot of people moving here from all over the country. They like what Texas has to offer, but they vote for politicians and policies that are disastrous to our communities. All it takes is a vote to undo years of good.

I want for my family the same things you want for your family, for generations to come. That’s why I say what I say.

Best of luck.

BrownThunder

6 years is not that long. It needs to be said. There’s a lot of people moving here from all over the country. They like what Texas has to offer, but they vote for politicians and policies that are disastrous to our communities. All it takes is a vote to undo years of good.

I want for my family the same things you want for your family, for generations to come. That’s why I say what I say.

Best of luck.
I respect that. This state has been good to us, I completely understand the whole Texas pride thing and how serious yall are about protecting what you've got.

I'm not here to change a thing Cowboy. We have our slice of heaven and love every minute of it.

nWo

Speaking of Texas. A postal worker died working in the heat Tuesday. And a utility lineman died Wednesday. Stay safe out there.

See below

This is what I mean.
I'm not an idiot I know working while others are striking puts a target on your back.

I'm not worried about violence because that's a 2 way street but the optics would look terrible.
Scabbing won't get you a job here.
You would be a disposable driver, just like seasonal help.

On the outside chance they did hire you, you would be shunned forever my your coworkers and management wouldn't respect you either.