Saturday ground and terrible union

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Once again UPS uses its strong arm tactics saying they will lose business and jobs will be lost if the union didn't accept the Saturday ground deal . But now UPS is able to cut 20 routes on Mondays because of this new Saturday ground deal. And that is only in one center in one region . So who is really losing here as my route is now cut on Mondays so I can either run cover after having over 22 years here and prob have a stress related stroke or take the day off gee I wonder which I will do. Why is our union allowing them to cut routes and lose a days pay .. why didn't the union agree to Saturday but make it extra work with a sign up sheet for anyone wanting to work that would benefit us and add to our :censored2:ty pension What is going on with our teamsters is it me or are we just weakening and getting walked all over by big brown .. I remember in the 97 contract that any new technology could not and would not be used for production standards or discipline but every morning there is a line for employees being called into the office with at least 30 pages printed out as to why you at this stop for 5 min or why was truck at idle for 6 min or why was bulkhead door open for 6 min your spending to much time behind bulkhead door is always a classic ups management line but they are not there when your truck is a mess and you search for a package so when you find later you don't have to go back which then you will be in office for why does Orion say your route should be done with 64 miles and you did 82 . Lol we can win we are doomed and it's only gonna get worse because soon there will be sensors on the seat and bulk head door handle I can gaurentee you that is coming And then it will be why did it take you 38 seconds from your ass off the seat to closing bulk head door . Sorry for the rant but just wondering what ever happened to no new technology created will be used for any disciplinary practices It's getting sorta ridiculous here and I'm sure we all agree .... And then you get some ass face that will say just quit then. Well assface I started here at 18 I'm 47 now where am I gonna go at this age making the same amount.
Without a degree because ups would never let me out with a 8hour day when I had night school 15 years ago. Need some balls back in our union

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0149.GIF
Oh your one of them guys probably just started there. Hey come see me when you have almost 30 yrs there

tourists24

Once again UPS uses its strong arm tactics saying they will lose business and jobs will be lost if the union didn't accept the Saturday ground deal . But now UPS is able to cut 20 routes on Mondays because of this new Saturday ground deal. And that is only in one center in one region . So who is really losing here as my route is now cut on Mondays so I can either run cover after having over 22 years here and prob have a stress related stroke or take the day off gee I wonder which I will do. Why is our union allowing them to cut routes and lose a days pay .. why didn't the union agree to Saturday but make it extra work with a sign up sheet for anyone wanting to work that would benefit us and add to our :censored2:ty pension What is going on with our teamsters is it me or are we just weakening and getting walked all over by big brown .. I remember in the 97 contract that any new technology could not and would not be used for production standards or discipline but every morning there is a line for employees being called into the office with at least 30 pages printed out as to why you at this stop for 5 min or why was truck at idle for 6 min or why was bulkhead door open for 6 min your spending to much time behind bulkhead door is always a classic ups management line but they are not there when your truck is a mess and you search for a package so when you find later you don't have to go back which then you will be in office for why does Orion say your route should be done with 64 miles and you did 82 . Lol we can win we are doomed and it's only gonna get worse because soon there will be sensors on the seat and bulk head door handle I can gaurentee you that is coming And then it will be why did it take you 38 seconds from your ass off the seat to closing bulk head door . Sorry for the rant but just wondering what ever happened to no new technology created will be used for any disciplinary practices It's getting sorta ridiculous here and I'm sure we all agree .... And then you get some ass face that will say just quit then. Well assface I started here at 18 I'm 47 now where am I gonna go at this age making the same amount.
Without a degree because ups would never let me out with a 8hour day when I had night school 15 years ago. Need some balls back in our union
What discipline is sticking by using technology? What exactly is the "terrible" union supposed to do about Saturday delivery? I have my issues with our union, but trashing it isn't going to get you much sympathy. Imagine not having that "terrible" union....

Faceplanted

I agree 100%.

Anybody with common sense can see that all these new tue-sat bids will be resi routes. Guess who runs them.... very senior drivers. All of the senior drivers will be getting the shaft with this new sat ground delivery. some hubs will have sat as extra work, most will have it bid. So if you bid mon-fri.... just as you said your resi route will most likely be cut monday. This NEEDS to be addressed, but the union once again is out to lunch on the corporate card paid for by our dues.

My suggestion for you would be come in Monday... demand 8... go blind and let the cards fall where they may. Not your issue if your blind or have service issues.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Excuses are the tools of losers. Don't blame the union for lack of sack when you yourself are talking about a stress related stroke. You've been here for 22 years? Grow some balls and act like a senior employee. Have a spine and some self respect. I've also been here for 22 years, the difference between you and I, I have a different outlook on the job. I own the job, it will never own me. I suggest you change your approach with this career or it will consume you.

hyena

IMG_2943.JPG

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Excuses are the tools of losers. Don't blame the union for lack of sack when you yourself are talking about a stress related stroke. You've been here for 22 years? Grow some balls and act like a senior employee. Have a spine and some self respect. I've also been here for 22 years, the difference between you and I, I have a different outlook on the job. I own the job, it will never own me. I suggest you change your approach with this career or it will consume you.
A bit harsh, but the absolute truth.

I have started several threads (at least one) on this site about hypnosis and its usage by UPS in the workplace.

So many of our co-workers are entranced.

If you don't see it, WAKE UP!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh your one of them guys probably just started there. Hey come see me when you have almost 30 yrs there

I have 28 years in.

I don't recall the Company claiming that they would lose jobs and volume if they did not start delivering Ground on Saturdays.

Did you really think that Telematics was not going to be used against us?

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
What discipline is sticking by using technology? What exactly is the "terrible" union supposed to do about Saturday delivery? I have my issues with our union, but trashing it isn't going to get you much sympathy. Imagine not having that "terrible" union....
Not trashing union by no means I am and always have been pro union democrat point is Mabey having all locals get together nationally about the Saturday ground issue because from what I'm gathering here it looks to be set up differently in every local how they are handling Saturday ground First off why wasn't it offered up as extra work in all locals. And did you know they are using Mondays residential work for dispatching the Saturday routes so in our local they are able to cut 2 routes in each loop which adds up to approx 20 routes a center and 40 routes in our building and most of these drivers would rather stay home then run a route cold including myself as far as using technology for discipline it's done every day about production

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Stop going home and do 5 stops an hour as a cover driver.
Well in our area they will let you deliver till 11pm as long as not over 14 hours and I try not to make ups my life I like to be home by at least 7. And when you do that the next day you will have a rider with you and that sucks

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
I agree 100%.

Anybody with common sense can see that all these new tue-sat bids will be resi routes. Guess who runs them.... very senior drivers. All of the senior drivers will be getting the shaft with this new sat ground delivery. some hubs will have sat as extra work, most will have it bid. So if you bid mon-fri.... just as you said your resi route will most likely be cut monday. This NEEDS to be addressed, but the union once again is out to lunch on the corporate card paid for by our dues.

My suggestion for you would be come in Monday... demand 8... go blind and let the cards fall where they may. Not your issue if your blind or have service issues.
Thank you you do see it as I do it's like we are in a losing battle as union workers not being able to voice our opinion before they go ahead and agree to the Saturday ground day. Did the union even consider that they will be using Mondays work to make sure all drivers are dispatched with over 8.0hr day which then allows them to cut routes on Mondays (I doubt it). Most of the routes in our region are designed with 30% business and 70% residential which allows this to happen. I just can't comprehend as to why this Saturday ground work wasn't offered as extra work in seniority order until Mabey next contract when they had more time to get a grip on volume and strategy . It seems some areas were done this way . We are getting boned again sincerely a once proud Teamster

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thank you you do see it as I do it's like we are in a losing battle as union workers not being able to voice our opinion before they go ahead and agree to the Saturday ground day. Did the union even consider that they will be using Mondays work to make sure all drivers are dispatched with over 8.0hr day which then allows them to cut routes on Mondays (I doubt it). Most of the routes in our region are designed with 30% business and 70% residential which allows this to happen. I just can't comprehend as to why this Saturday ground work wasn't offered as extra work in seniority order until Mabey next contract when they had more time to get a grip on volume and strategy . It seems some areas were done this way . We are getting boned again sincerely a once proud Teamster
it is geared to get lower seniority and new hires working, explained to me there will be a m-friend and a t-s. People will get the chance to bid on it. Union don't care more hires mean more dues.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
I actually have 29 years lol I am just trying not to be identified So you don't think we as teamsters should not of been asked to voice our opinion I mean I seen this coming that would cause a lot of cut routes on Monday and a lot of senior drivers would rather take off before running a route cold on Mondays which they have the opportunity to do based on seniority that's even less money going into our pension. Wake up and open your eyes obviously your route is not cut on Mondays like mine because I have a 60% resi route and they divide my business between 3 other routes which are bid routes and you can not cover even if higher senior employee uuum seems a little fishey

By The Book

When there is a new method of operation the company has a procedure to follow to inform the local unions involved. The members don't have a say unless the union decides to include them in the conversation. We pretty much are just along for the ride, good or bad.