Should raises be for union dues payers only?

Should raises be for union dues payers only?

• Yes

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
That would only benefit the company financially and if we did strike give all the more reason to cross in RTW states.

RTS313

You shouldn’t be able to work a union job if you don’t pay union dues. Put your money where your mouth is and go get a different non union job
IMG_1538.gif

some1else

Banned
Why do freeloaders still get union representation if they don’t want to join?
Look up “exclusive representation” unions fought hard to be “forced” to represent non paying members. Their preference would be to force dues, but in rtw states exclusive representation is second best for the union. If they didn’t represent all employees then scabs could have their own contract (ups- hey we will pay you a dollar more if you join the tome union) or more likely a competitive union that promised better protection or benefits could come in. Under current law the only way for a workforce to change from one union to another would be to decertify, then re certify a new union which would result in a period without representation. The free riders are a small price to pay to avoid competition

HarryWarden

Look up “exclusive representation” unions fought hard to be “forced” to represent non paying members. Their preference would be to force dues, but in rtw states exclusive representation is second best for the union. If they didn’t represent all employees then scabs could have their own contract (ups- hey we will pay you a dollar more if you join the tome union) or more likely a competitive union that promised better protection or benefits could come in. Under current law the only way for a workforce to change from one union to another would be to decertify, then re certify a new union which would result in a period without representation. The free riders are a small price to pay to avoid competition
so sounds like the best solution is no RTW

some1else

Banned
so sounds like the best solution is no RTW
Well I am a dues paying member in a rtw state and am sure I’m the minority, but I think the best solution is to offer a good service that people are happy to pay for. Having the option of replacing the union with another one? That would put real pressure on them to do better. I’m unaware of another situation where a legally enforced monopoly is considered a benefit except in unions.