Should The Next Contract Address "Scabs?"

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The funniest post in this whole thread was Photog's when he posted that "he actually supported Unions"-----that one had me in tears.
I support the right for workers to form Unions so they can bargain collectively with employers.
I think that is a "fair" concept.
I may not support Unions when they and/or their members break the law or bully others to march in step with a mantra put out by some members or the Union management.
I don't support employers who do the same thing either.
I believe in the freedom of the individual and individual responsibility.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So, you really don't understand that UPS mgmt profits from low pt wage as much as drivers?
That I understand and totally agree with.
Thanks for clearly stating your question.

By UPS mgmt, I assume you mean Full-time UPS management.
P/T UPS management profits little or not at all from low pt wages and probably suffers along the Union P/T employees who have been oppressed by UPS, Teamsters and UPS Full-time drivers over the last 40 years of contracts.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
How would you know who is RTW and who is Union?

While it's not normally difficult to figure that out, that's not what they are saying here. They are saying that a movement for worker's rights in so called "at will states" could be a catalyst for strengthening the Union position overall and possibly the doom of RTW.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scabs should always be handled by the members. Period!
How would you know who is RTW and who is Union?
While it's not normally difficult to figure that out, that's not what they are saying here. They are saying that a movement for worker's rights in so called "at will states" could be a catalyst for strengthening the Union position overall and possibly the doom of RTW.

Context is your friend.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
safe_image.php
Freeloading sell for the big business politicians , i won't doubt that alot of people will vote for this brain washer as usual and here is your potential candidate for the republican presidential nomination 2016. just saying.....

rod

Retired 22 years
On the same day (Monday) I read two different articles. One (on MSN.com) was about how Wisconsin's average wages are dropping the fastest of any state in the Union now that they have voted in Right to Work legislation. The second one (in USA Today) talked about a survey taken by the Gallup Poll where 71% said they would vote for not joining a Union if given the chance-21% said they would and 7% were undecided. Unions are toast----I hope you 71% wake up before its too late.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Interesting possibilities here!

If the Union decided to not represent the non-Union-joiners the same as the Union-joiners, the non-Union-joiners could negotiate their own contract with UPS and get $40 an hour but no benefits.
I wonder how many short-sighted non-Union-joiner drivers would take that offer?
Sometimes, I don't know if you are serious....

Or, it's completely tongue-in-cheek.

Ah, the benefits of retirement. :biggrin:

-Bug-
I will cherish this compliment until I die.