Slide wax/lubricant

Scuderia

Quick question. What is that white-ish liquid UPS uses on their slides/diverters to prevent jams, and make them slippery? And where can I get some?

Cementups

Box Monkey
^ Ha!!! he said cumming!!!

I remember when I was a kid and we had a super tall metal sliding board on the playground at our elementary school and during the summer it would get slow. So one of the guys got spray silicone from his dads shed (to use on the shovel in the winter) and sprayed it on the slide. Boy did we haul ass down that slide that summer. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
^ Ha!!! he said cumming!!!

I remember when I was a kid and we had a super tall metal sliding board on the playground at our elementary school and during the summer it would get slow. So one of the guys got spray silicone from his dads shed (to use on the shovel in the winter) and sprayed it on the slide. Boy did we haul ass down that slide that summer. Ha ha ha ha ha.

If you boys would have been wearing pants, the silicone might not have been necessary.

Scuderia

Jeez it's for my sister's kids second hand slide and play set I bought for them. They don't so much slide, but shimmy down the thing. But damn it doest take much to get you guys going. Lol!

satellitedriver

Most likely Lithium grease.
Bingo,
we have a winner,
in actually answering the question asked.
Lithium grease.
Scuderia,
you could get the same effect and durability, by just using using Crisco.
Both are very similar, in composition and function, and both are white.
:smart:
When I was young and poor, I had to rebuild VW engines to be able to get to work.
I used Crisco as the primary lubricant for pistons, rods bearings and all initial first starting wear points, because that was all I had, and could afford.
Side note, my little 1968 VW Bug would do 70mph at half pedal, 105mph at safe top end.
Scud, in the old days UPS just used basic wheel bearing grease to lubricate everything.