Snow in the South

djkre8r

LOL - changed preload start time to 8am. I guess the drivers will work about 4-5 hours.

Just shovel some snow into the back of your pickup!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We used to put 50 lb. bags of salt in the back of a small Mazda truck in Utah....gave us the weight needed plus we could use the salt if we got stuck......and throw it in the water softener at winter's end.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
over a foot coming to us up in new england... perfect time to cut a few routes then tell us not to get into an accident, or hurt.
Oh and dont get stuck, maybe cause for a warning letter.

At UPS safety is what matters. Sometimes.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Scratch, I used to own a Colorado and I had to put weight in the pickup bed each winter. I noticed you didn't or I couldn't see any weight in the back of yours. You would be amazed the difference in traction on snow and ice with some junk in the trunk.

I got on Craigslist a couple of years ago and paid $5 each for some plastic 55-drums that had been used for food additives. When we have ice or snow, I put them into the back of my 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup and fill them up with water. 110 gallons of water weighs about 850 lbs. If I chain up and use the 4 wheel drive I can bust thru a foot of snow, although we seldom get that much.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
i DROVE A COUGAR, A CAMARO, a Yes a Gremlin............. AND A S10 when I lived in the snow belt. All the weight in the world does not compare to clikking on the 4 x 4. Never again be without it. I tried driving home in 2 wheel tonight, as my hubby says, the long wheel base is just fine most of the time....Not. When I got overconfident I found myself in a 360, on a hill. Screw that, Click........

bigbrownhen

Also a good idea to take kitty litter with you on the way to work, it will do for traction if you need it. That and a shovel. Just in case, better to be prepared.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I appreciate the compliments but the mod team we have now is a cross-section of our members and does a good job keeping us in line and BC an enjoyable place to visit. Adding a closed-minded, bored, TMZ watching, Enquirer reading, editorial cartoon posting, Mini-Cooper driving Californian housewife or an overly opinionated, arrogant UpstateNY know-it-all would throw off the balance that exists.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Nimnim

The Nim
I appreciate the compliments but the mod team we have now is a cross-section of our members and does a good job keeping us in line and BC an enjoyable place to visit. Adding a closed-minded, bored, TMZ watching, Enquirer reading, editorial cartoon posting, Mini-Cooper driving Californian housewife or an overly opinionated, arrogant UpstateNY know-it-all would throw off the balance that exists.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ok last quip from me on this.

How about we make More mod of the Sports section, and Upstate mod for the Life After Brown section? Sounds like it could work to me. :funny: