Someone Clarify Thanksgiving Holiday Changes??

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If section 1 was absolute, section 4 would be unnecessary. Obviously UPS forecast a future possible need and had sec 4 included years ago.
My disappointment is the IBT didn't demand to negotiate this new "regular work day" when as you pointed out sec 1 clearly states it is a holiday.
It's quite a disadvantage being able to read and actually comprehend when reading this contract.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My local's interpretation of the contract is that they cannot force us to work the day after Thanksgiving. I can guarantee one thing today and that is that I will not be working that day.

DSM515

From what I have been told we will get our 8 hours for the holiday and will be paid straight time for the first 8 and time and a half thereafter for hours worked. The pay rate may vary based on where you work.

Those of you who think it will be a light day are in for a rude awakening.
Central states is 8 hrs holiday plus if you are forced to work you get double time for all hours worked so it will work out to basically triple time.
From what I have been told we will get our 8 hours for the holiday and will be paid straight time for the first 8 and time and a half thereafter for hours worked. The pay rate may vary based on where you work.

Those of you who think it will be a light day are in for a rude awakening.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
ARTICLE 15-HOLIDAYS
Section 1

A regular seniority employee shall not be required to work on the
following...day after Thanksgiving Day...
Section 4
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, regular seniority
employees required to work on any of the above named holidays
shall receive double his/her regular hourly rate for all hours worked
with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees...
Typical contract BS!! Grey areas where UPS gets to do whatever the hell they please!! This is the last Thanksgiving they :censored2: up for me.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Central states is 8 hrs holiday plus if you are forced to work you get double time for all hours worked so it will work out to basically triple time.
Central Region Supplement is double time whether you are forced or volunteer. Plus Holiday pay.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
My local's interpretation of the contract is that they cannot force us to work the day after Thanksgiving. I can guarantee one thing today and that is that I will not be working that day.

At 294- I will be off that day also. Not worth it. Get taxed to death for the day. I will partake in the extra alcohol Thursday. Just to make sure i can't. Safety 1st

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
At 294- I will be off that day also. Not worth it. Get taxed to death for the day. I will partake in the extra alcohol Thursday. Just to make sure i can't. Safety 1st
You will not be taxed at a higher rate for that day, or any time you earn over time.
You will however be withheld at a higher level, that will work itself out when you file your taxes at the end of the year.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You will not be taxed at a higher rate for that day, or any time you earn over time.
You will however be withheld at a higher level, that will work itself out when you file your taxes at the end of the year.

This is the same reason I do not work these days anymore. I'm in Ny. They take a big chunk for any extra hours over 45. Maybe not where you are. Here they do

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is the same reason I do not work these days anymore. I'm in Ny. They take a big chunk for any extra hours over 45. Maybe not where you are. Here they do
They may withhold more taxes from these larger paychecks, but in the end when you file your taxes, you will be taxed at whatever bracket you fall at that specific percentage for your entire years earnings.
In the end, you either get a bigger refund or owe less by working these days.
You are not paying higher taxes on premium pay earnings than you are your straight time wages.
It all comes out in the wash.

BCFan

Had knee surgery yesterday injured July 1. There was a guy in line to go in for same surgery that happened August 10...but liberty mutual decided that I should be delayed....that's cool cause lawyer says I have a great case aganist those pencil neck ,script reading, mouth breathing a holes at lib mut

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Had knee surgery yesterday injured July 1. There was a guy in line to go in for same surgery that happened August 10...but liberty mutual decided that I should be delayed....that's cool cause lawyer says I have a great case aganist those pencil neck ,script reading, mouth breathing a holes at lib mut
Comp checks take weeks to be issued....Lib Mutual sucks!

They broke you,now time to fix you!