South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

klein

Für Meno :)
Have to do it again, like many times in the past days... watch 1 game on TV, the other online.

I'm hoping Chile will tie or beat Spain (Euro Champs), and that Switzerland beats Honduras.
That result will kick out another favorite (Spain), and underdog Switzerland will move along with Chile.

Might as well make this the Worldcup to remember ! :)

klein

Do you think the US will beat Ghana?

I give the US a 60% chance to win it, yes. It is sometimes so unfair, that it's only 1 game. Should be best out of 3 from the second phase on.
Just like the Olympics, I guess. You only have 1 shot at it.

I hope the US moves on. For several reasons, but mostly that soccer catches on in North America more, and american people get interessted in it. (playing and watching).

KingofBrown

It might be unfair to have just one game. But, having one game is what makes the World Cup a real interesting tournament. Because it's 4 years of planning and it all comes to the game of your life.

I give the US a 60% chance to win it, yes. It is sometimes so unfair, that it's only 1 game. Should be best out of 3 from the second phase on.

I hope the US moves on. For several reasons, but mostly that soccer catches on in North America more, and american people get interessted in it. (playing and watching).

fxdwg

Long Time Member

I heard that more Americans watched watched the US Game 1 of the World Cup than watched Game 7 of the World Series last year, so it's a start.

klein

Just a reminder to everyone. The US - Ghana game is about to start.
Just seen Bill Clinton in the stadium singing the US National Anthym .

It's do or die.

klein

Germany - England tomorrow. The game the world is waiting for, including me.

Already got honked at a few times with my german car flag. :)

klein

Well, this Germany - England game about to start. They haven't met in the worldcup in 20 years.

Not much to cheer about for the winner, they will most likely face Argentina for the next game.
Wow, what a tough sub group !

I still predict Germany will win. 2:1 maybe even 3:2

klein

Not a very brilliant work by the referees on these Sunday games. Awaiting Portugal vs. Spain; it'll be fantastic.

No, they really need to use the video replay..... you're soo right !

Germany - Argentina, thats a big one.... The winner of that game.... almost deserves the world cup and actually has very good chances to get it.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Wow, bummer about the US. They were way off on Saturday. I had my Wife and one of my kids watching and they were getting into it. (Usually don't with soccer).
The English really surprised me.

Klein, you got me; I was being optimistic!! That's why I didn't accept your wager:happy-very:.

Oh well, I still picked Brazil in the beginning to win it all. Getting past Chile will be work though!!