South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

klein

Für Meno :)
Soccer is the most pure team sport that we have and it's players among the best athletes in the world.

Thats a no brainer. If you have 1 single sport (soccer), that the Worldcup is larger then the Olympics, then you damm well know it's the biggest and most interessting sport on the planet !

P

pickup

Germany should let Argentina get the win as repayment for providing a a nice place of refuge for all the war criminals that fled Germany after world war 2.

KingofBrown

I was also thinking of the need of a video replay. Many teams' work have been affected because of unwise referee decisions in this World Cup, Ireland being the most affected. But, I'm still not so sure as if a Video Replay in Soccer would make it better. The mistakes in the games of France vs Ireland, Mexico vs Argentina, and Germany vs. England, all were very clear. I think we first need better referees. May be a Video Replay won't make referee decisions to influence in the game; but I also think that the doubt is part of the game and brings more fervor to the sport. But in all, these recent mistakes have been criminal. LOL.

No, they really need to use the video replay..... you're soo right !

Germany - Argentina, thats a big one.... The winner of that game.... almost deserves the world cup and actually has very good chances to get it.

KingofBrown

Current Standings as of June 28. Netherlands vs Brazil, that's the toughest one, I believe. Paraguay vs. Japan, I don't think the Japanese have had a better team than the current one. Spain vs Portugal, a tought one, too. I would only bet in the game Uruguay vs. Ghana, and Uruguay making it to the semifinals. But Ghana could be the surprise. Anything can happen.

FIFA.jpg
FIFA.jpg

klein

KOB, no mention of Germany - Argentina ?
For me it's a tough game to predict, mostly because I'm cheering the German team on. If Germany can play like they did against England, they stand a chance.
Otherwise, I think Argentina will move on.
The other games are more predictable for me.
Brazil beats Holland, Uru beats Ghana, Para beats Japan, and I think Portugal could win against Eurochamps Spain.

KingofBrown

Well, in the game Germany vs. Argentina, I see Germany will win it easily, so I should have said that was a good game to make a bet, too. You might get surprised by my opinion. But is because I don't see Argentina as a strong team, because I don't see game from them. They have real good players, but I don't see them playing together as a team. As individualities they do great; but their coach is not too clever. So I'd say Germany can beat them with no big problems. Because, on the other side, I see a German team that has real good players that as individuals do great, too; and the plays as a team is one of the best I've seen so far. They're very well-organized. I think they're doing exactly what their coach is telling them to do.

For me it's a tough game to predict, mostly because I'm cheering the German team on. If Germany can play like they did against England, they stand a chance.
Otherwise, I think Argentina will move on.
Brazil beats Holland, Uru beats Ghana, Para beats Japan, and I think Portugal could win against Eurochamps Spain.

klein

Well, in the game Germany vs. Argentina, I see Germany will win it easily, so I should have said that was a good game to make a bet, too. You might get surprised by my opinion. But is because I don't see Argentina as a strong team, because I don't see game from them. They have real good players, but I don't see them playing together as a team. As individualities they do great; but their coach is not too clever. So I'd say Germany can beat them with no big problems. Because, on the other side, I see a German team that has real good players that as individuals do great, too; and the plays as a team is one of the best I've seen so far. They're very well-organized. I think they're doing exactly what their coach is telling them to do.

So, you probably predict Germany to atleast be in the final and win the worldcup ? :)
I hope you're right.

KingofBrown

Those sound reasonable to me, except Portugal winning Spain. I think Spain is gaining her game back and I even predict more than a couple of goals from Spain and none from Portugal. And I'd like Paraguay to win Japan, but I see a real strong Japanese team. I thought the South Koreans would be the best Asians from this World Cup, but Japan has surprised more than one. And I won't be surprised if they give problems to a very strong Paraguay team. Paraguay comes in 2nd place from the CONMEBOL, a very strong Confederation. So, it's more predictable for Paraguay to win, but anything can happen in the World Cup.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Current Standings as of June 28. Netherlands vs Brazil, that's the toughest one, I believe. Paraguay vs. Japan, I don't think the Japanese have had a better team than the current one. Spain vs Portugal, a tought one, too. I would only bet in the game Uruguay vs. Ghana, and Uruguay making it to the semifinals. But Ghana could be the surprise. Anything can happen.

View attachment 4338

Germany beats Argentina 3-1. Argentina has no real defense to speak of and the German attack will prove to be their undoing. The attacking play of Argentina has been fantastic to watch with Tevez scoring a fantastic strike against Mexico. And of course the worlds best player Messi!!

Spain will tear up Portugal. Portugal have really looked flat and Spain have the quality just have not finished properly, will not happen in this game. Japan only scores from set pieces and Paraguay has one of the best defensive sqauds left in the tournament, this one to me is a toss up. The most interesting game to me is Brazil and the Dutch. I originally picked the Dutch in the Finals against Spain so I must pick them to win but after watching Brazil this tournament I would not bet against them.

Ghana's wonderful streak ends with Uruguay with a 1-0 defeat after some great effort and most likely some fantastic saves by the Ghana keeper.

So dissipointed in the USA vs. Ghana. How many games can you expect to come back after giving up early goals. I must say they started so slow in every game in this tournament. Must do better in the future. I was also very dissipointed in the lineups by Bob Bradley. Why not start the players you ended up subing on in very game. Edu, Feilhaber. I was no impressed with Clark the entire tournament! Why keep starting him? And where was Onyewu for the last 2 games. Don't get it Bob! I don't get it!
We sure missed Charlie Davies, I wish he would have been allowed the opertunity to make the trip. What a wonderful player, so unfortunate the crash he had and near loss of life!!

My biggest disipointment has been the referees. The only thing a referee ever hopes for is not to be noticed. If that happens you have done a good job. Unfortunately, that has been far from the case. This World Cup is going to be remembered as the worst refereed of any ever, and thats what everyone seems to be talking about, too bad. There really has been some good soccer played!!!!

klein

Well, if Germany gets by Argentina, they will get by Spain, too. I see Argentina as a bigger threat, then Spain. Means if Argentina beats Germany, they will beat Spain, too.

All the news channels here today, are showing the English citizens at home, and the English Tabloids.
Boy, are they ever harsh on their team.
The English Team is worse off, then disgraced France or Italy ! (or atleast damm close to it).

After watching Brazil play today, yes, I think they will beat the dutch.

Probably a European team, most Americans are not interested in a sport where you get 10 shots on goal and it can end up with a tie (unless it involves fighting!).

grgrcr88

I don't think Argentina has near the defense of Spain, The braziliand will exploit the back four of Argentina, creating many oppertunities. The Argentine keeper is not good either. Only question to me is will Robinho be able to get one below the crossbar.

I think Spain is a much better team than Argentina and would give Brazil much more trouble. I still believe the Dutch are quietly one of the better teams, and could beat Brazil!!!

klein

Well, 1 thing almost certain is Brazil or Holland to be in the final. I still pick Brazil. The other finalist, too hard to tell, Germany, Argentina or Spain.

I would love a repeat from the 1974 world cup (Germany - Holland as finalist).
My first worldcup I ever watched, and got hooked on it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You're done picking. You picked Germany from the beginning. It's over for you....take down your car flag and watch bass fishing!

klein

You're done picking. You picked Germany from the beginning. It's over for you....take down your car flag and watch bass fishing!

Sorry to correct you More, but fxd was simply predicting the finalist and the score.
Germany is still very well alive, atleast until Saturday, when they play Argentina.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Thanks Klein. I originally said "Group G", without specifically stating Brazil.
I would love to see Germany and Brazil. I think they are the best teams, but that is just my opinion.

klein

U.S. World Cup bid gets boost

Soccer’s governing body FIFA will conduct a bidding process in December in which nations will apply for the right to host the 2018 and 2022 tournaments. Events over the last few days have increased the possibility of the USA being awarded staging rights for the second time after a successful 1994 tournament.

(and watch the related video on that webpage) - is looking good ! :)

grgrcr88

U.S. World Cup bid gets boost

Soccer’s governing body FIFA will conduct a bidding process in December in which nations will apply for the right to host the 2018 and 2022 tournaments. Events over the last few days have increased the possibility of the USA being awarded staging rights for the second time after a successful 1994 tournament.

(and watch the related video on that webpage) - is looking good ! :)

If anyone is interested, here is a website that you can sign a petition to help the USA with their bid for the 2018 or 2022 World Cup. Pass it around to everyone you know. The more signitures the better. We are at 775,000 now and would like to be over a million by December. Help get the world cup back to the USA!!

I think the 94 world cup stil holds the record for most attendance ever at a world cup. Imagine what we could do now with the new stadiums and popularity of soccer really starting to climb!! I can only imagine watching the USA men playing Brazil for the world cup title in Dallas stadium with over a hundred thousand in attendance!! I'm getting chills just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!