South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

klein

Für Meno :)
There is no reason NOT to have it in the US, again. You have the stadiums, the fans, and the big sponsers ! Moneymaker all the way around !

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I was watching FIFA Primetime and there was a lot of discussion about the number of cameras on site for each match and how certain Players should be penalized somehow for BS call (Kaka red card as an example)
There were somne great arguments about why FIFA needs some 21st Century technology.

The Games will never come to the USA unless these issues are resolved.

It's intense..Players pretending to be hurt (ESP supports); lay on field letting the clock tick (Ghana); etc....

I believe that the Instant Replay and Coache's Challenge should be inacted. Clock not stopped, just add time.....

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I was watching FIFA Primetime and there was a lot of discussion about the number of cameras on site for each match and how certain Players should be penalized somehow for BS call (Kaka red card as an example)
There were somne great arguments about why FIFA needs some 21st Century technology.

The Games will never come to the USA unless these issues are resolved.

It's intense..Players pretending to be hurt (ESP supports); lay on field letting the clock tick (Ghana); etc....

I believe that the Instant Replay and Coache's Challenge should be inacted. Clock not stopped, just add time.....

I disagree. I do think the goalline technology should be used, but where do you draw the line for instant replay. These games could last 3hrs if you start that. Americans have a hard enough time keeping their attention for 90 minutes.

klein

I disagree. I do think the goalline technology should be used, but where do you draw the line for instant replay. These games could last 3hrs if you start that. Americans have a hard enough time keeping their attention for 90 minutes.

+ 1, personally, I would just like to see goals, and penalties for penalty kicks (11 meter shots), being reviewed if the other team decides to dispute it. Like in Hockey.

klein

WOW, what a game !!!

Number 1 seeded Brazil goes home, with a defeat to Holland 1:2 !
Was an exciting game from start to end !
Makes me happy ! Not since 1974 have they defeated Brazil in this stage of the world cup.
Maybe, my wish might come true ? ( Germany - Holland in the final, just like 1974 )

Sounds like Brazil will be going home in disgrace. They are not very happy in Rio, and already talking about firing the Brazilien coach !

fxdwg

Long Time Member

Do it the same way as in US football. You get a couple of opportunities to review.
There were many questionable calls in the games so far.
"Bad calls" should not be part of the game.

KingofBrown

A classic isn't it? Germany vs Netherlands.

WOW, what a game !!!

Number 1 seeded Brazil goes home, with a defeat to Holland 1:2 !
Was an exciting game from start to end !
Makes me happy ! Not since 1974 have they defeated Brazil in this stage of the world cup.
Maybe, my wish might come true ? ( Germany - Holland in the final, just like 1974 )

Sounds like Brazil will be going home in disgrace. They are not very happy in Rio, and already talking about firing the Brazilien coach !

klein

I just came back from the liquor store.... needed beer for this second game now on.
I'm the only car with a flag still .
Last week, flags were on every second car....
I hope I can keep it, after tomorrows game (German flag if you were wondering).

Wished I could go to the German-Canadian Center to watch the game, but it's another early one :(

klein

omg!!! Ghana had it and lost the shoot out!!!!

Yeah, what a shame !!!! The better team lost today, because they don't know how to shoot ! I was disapointed. On the brighter side,, makes it easier for Holland now to move on.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
My 12 year old Daughter watched and was into it!
She agreed that Ghana should have won. What an amazing Match!!!

klein

My 12 year old Daughter watched and was into it!
She agreed that Ghana should have won. What an amazing Match!!!

I was 13 when I watched my first fifa worldcup, and that got me into it for life !
Mind you, I watched Bundesliga games live in the stadiums, once I made my own money, too, and played the sport as well.
So, ofcourse, I'm really interessted in it. With 12 it's not too late for your daughter to join a soccer club... I didn't play at age 12 myself, yet ! Just actually started to get to know the game.
(moved to Germany when I just turned 12, and kids were playing it, and I didn't even know the rules, or their language.... but it's easy to catch on) :)

klein

We're still bummed that Brazil and Ghana lost!!

I happy Brazil lost, besides Holland deserved that win.
#1 seeded is gone, but tomorrow morning is my big day....I still say it can go either way. Like who would have ever thought Brazil would lose to Holland ? All you get is one single chance at it.
The team has to play and stick together for the full 90 minutes...keep concentration (no stupid goals like in the Brazil match).... it's tougher then it looks like.

klein

If you watch cbc news today Ghana is the top story ! Followed by Holland-Brazil ! Don't see that often, the worldcup being the first news and top news.

klein

See post 153!! Just Sayin!!

Yeah, you been making some good very odd calls ! I don't know how you do it !
Germany leadning 1:0 at halftime, score could have been much higher though.
Hope Germany keeps it up, not like other teams, and hold back and want to defend that 1:0 , then lose at the end.
I think Germany knows better, though.

klein

Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier !!!

Vier against Australia, Vier against England, and Vier against Argentina. 4 must be Germans favorite number ! :)
Plus Vier is easy to rhym and go with Bier ! :)