Summer heat

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Fill up 32 oz bottles of empty Gatorade bottles with water and freeze them. Put them in your cooler with ice, helps keep the ice from melting.
This right here, I do the same and have ice cold water all day. I have a few Nalgene bottles too, the trick is to fill them up to about half an inch where the neck starts. This is the only way I have busted a Nalgene bottle, by over filling it and freezing it solid. I had one Nalgene bottle that lasted ten years, I froze it solid five days a week. I also buy Powerade in powder form, its a lot cheaper mixing it. I go through about two gallons of water a day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Under Armor undershirt + sports towel (like a chamois) wet and rewet in cold water all day and kept around your neck under your UPS shirt. The synthetic sports towel being wet and on your neck will keep you much cooler and also wet your Under Armor shirt. In addition to drinking a lot of water. This shirt + sports towel combo keeps me feeling like it's 20 degrees cooler outside. Makes the heat bearable. You can get the towels anywhere (Frog Togs are the ones I have I think).

Sent using BrownCafe App
The power of the mind brings the heat down, reverse that on the heat, mind over matter always. A lot of stuff isn't as bad as long as you don't dwell on it. Walk in the park when your mind is programmed.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I wear a sock around all my junk so my fun bags don't stick to my leg.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JU...165_QL70&qid=1403796389&sr=1-7#ref=mp_s_a_1_7

Sent using BrownCafe App
1403797042524.jpg

Travwise

Plenty of them. Make sure you have plenty of cool things to drink. Wash your face and arms as much as possible.....keep those pores open.

Lunchtime..change you under clothes, fresh body powder.

Park your truck in the shade,as much as possible.....when you go to lunch...open all the doors to let the heat out.

Try to pick up the pace,in the early part of the day, take advantage of the lower temperature.

Good luck!

Curious...how do you wash your face and arms frequently? I'm on a rural route with few public restrooms. Great idea though.

aubtgr

A put a wash cloth in my ice chest wash my face,head and neck. Also drink plenty of half water and coconut water unsweetened.

rod

Retired 22 years
Now all of a sudden it isn't so fun living in a hot area is it. Its our turn to enjoy a warm day with cool lake breezes and almost no humidity while all you warm winter braggers are dying of heat stroke.