Terminated for dishonesty

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You misunderstand. Getting along with sups makes your life a whole lot easier. It's not sucking up. I feel bad for you if you hate management and they hate you. If so, clocks ticking on when you get fired.

My building happens to have a good easy going management team and like it or not we all get along with few exceptions.

I was merely pointing out that based on the OPs situation, which isn't a cardinal sin or dishonesty case, it sounds like he was on the radar as someone to get rid of when given the opportunity.
I did 35 years Jr seen every type of managers you can imagine from decent guys that just got ran over to total ass wipes that I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire
The common denominator of every one of them was
They are not your friend

Omega117

Sorry bub but I forgot isn’t going to work come up with something else Ask me how I know this. Because I’ve had to represent a :censored2: and that’s the story he told
well im not a :censored2: driver my numbers were always good. ive always stayed off the radar. Not a runner just know how to plan and attack a route. i dont drag my feet. its easier for folks who have their own route so they dont have to remember as much.

twotwofour

Are you new? I’m just surprised your center doesn’t send messages out about missloads.
Everyday we have messages to sort the truck, find missloads and run them when work is complete.
No one has ever trained you to make sure every package has an attempt?

542thruNthru

right i cant make excuses for my actions, yeah i :censored2:ed up. Odds of being rehired ? Thats my only concern. it can be both dishonsty and insubordination. saying anything else is gonna incriminate me more when im in with my BA and steward.
You'll get your job back but you better learn from it.

JL 0513

Management is not your friend.

I did 35 years Jr seen every type of managers you can imagine from decent guys that just got ran over to total ass wipes that I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire
The common denominator of every one of them was
They are not your friend
Who said anything about friends? I said get along with. Why make this job way worse by hating one another?

JL 0513

Are you new? I’m just surprised your center doesn’t send messages out about missloads.
Everyday we have messages to sort the truck, find missloads and run them when work is complete.
No one has ever trained you to make sure every package has an attempt?
Isn't interesting that the one day he'd be fired for this is when they didn't respond with instructions?

Omega117

How were you trained? No one has ever taught you to make sure every package has an attempt?
nope if i get my job back by the end of january is my 4th year. its just these past years we got a different center manager. different ways to do things. We used to have friendly reminders every now and then but that was a year and a half ago. these newer people in the office are always on their phone and earbuds in not checking in on things. if nothing happens and running smooth do they check ? maybe who knows. im just getting vibes from the manager that this incident is gonna affect his bonus or what so ever.

Omega117

nope if i get my job back by the end of january is my 4th year. its just these past years we got a different center manager. different ways to do things. We used to have friendly reminders every now and then but that was a year and a half ago. these newer people in the office are always on their phone and earbuds in not checking in on things. if nothing happens and running smooth do they check ? maybe who knows. im just getting vibes from the manager that this incident is gonna affect his bonus or what so ever.
also get this my on road supervisor is a new guy. first year and he disapeared for the first two weeks of peak. he was a preload supervisor. previous ones i had quit. there was a void in 4-6 months of not having my own supervisor so my group just did what so ever. if we had a concern we go to the other ones, but do they care about my group ? NOPE. see where i got my careless from ?

Brownwind

Just do the right thing. The methods take longer but you need to train yourself to follow them. Take your lunch and breaks. Get used to the methods they are your friend.

I believe you will get your chance again. Try to enjoy your time off.

After reading the replies I have a feeling you just wanted to go home and aren’t used to helping others in your loop. You are coming across as making excuses with us on this anonymous site. Don’t make excuses and figure out if you even want the job. You got this.

Omega117

Just do the right thing. The methods take longer but you need to train yourself to follow them. Take your lunch and breaks. Get used to the methods they are your friend.

I believe you will get your chance again. Try to enjoy your time off.

After reading the replies I have a feeling you just wanted to go home and aren’t used to helping others in your loop. You are coming across as making excuses with us on this anonymous site. Don’t make excuses and figure out if you even want the job. You got this.
Right, this is what I want to see constructive criticism. Making excuses won't cut it. Not just grind down your fellow upser. I just need to play my cards right.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
yeah happend saturday night. supervisor just happened to look at ODSE and saw them. one thing i forgot to mention is that after i sheeted them as missed the supervisor at the time finally sent out a reminder message to not sheet anything missed and run the missloads. Funny isnt it ? tell me after i get back. my center dont really communicate with us especially saturdays. one time i question them are we still not scanning any NI1 or CL1 between 12-1. No firm answer. they dont really check their computers often and we either have to call everytime or text their phone. Well Enjoy your holidays guys. My BA tells will tell me what will happen on wednesday since their office will be closed on tuesday, my Steward and one of my trusted supervisor will talk to my manager on tuesday and try to convince him to turn it into a suspension. If you guys want to know what will happen afterwards ill tune in. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Your supervisor isn’t going to do a damn thing for you, no way he’s going to take a chance of looking bad I front of the center manager. You better hope your BA comes to the building for you.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
right thats what my steward said shoudnt have fired for something small. btw hes doesnt work saturdays. ive built a positive relationship. my supervisors know they can count on me because they know i can be any route and not struggle both cut cars and busnisess routes unless im over dispatched. its just the manager is the one who canned me over the phone after the supervisor reported it to him. New center manager every year. the problem with this case is that it got loaded into a send again trailer already so there isnt no way im gonna find it unless i take everything out. ive only found the one when i did dig through.
You must be very young and new to think your supervisors are your buddies

Manifesto

I can't imagine being told at pcm not to have missed packages and then receiving a message before clocking out (at 17:30) saying the same thing and then not going back out and delivering the packages you just sheeted missed.

Brownwind

Right, this is what I want to see constructive criticism. Making excuses won't cut it. Not just grind down your fellow upser. I just need to play my cards right.
You got this. Remember the discipline is designed to correct wrong behavior.
The majority of us on this site have decades in. We bust on each other because we’ve all been there. The majority agree you will be back. 👍

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Fact of the matter is you had a PCM telling you not to do what you did.

Then you had a direct message over the Diad telling you not to do what you did.

I know this was after you had sheeted them, but at that point, you had to know there was a problem. You needed to do something about that, not just punch out and go home.
The kid thought the supes his buddies because he is so awesome and they love him.
He wanted to get off early and he did, AND he will be home early for quite awhile now.

this is a good lesson to learn early in his career

Omega117

I can't imagine being told at pcm not to have missed packages and then receiving a message before clocking out (at 17:30) saying the same thing and then not going back out and delivering the packages you just sheeted missed.
PCM yeah probably didnt hear it because of him saying jokes of not hiting a brand new truck for Christmas. I was already back at the center and sheeted them as missed. Then AFTER the supervisor question me why i sheeted them as missed face to face, after that i went in the trailer trying to find the packages. while i was trying to find the package he sent the Message Out not to sheet anything MISSED and run them. At that point it was too late to ratify my mistakes because it was loaded in the trailer a small sort bag. Idk if it is my fault, but like i said in earlier threads i scanned them in a missloads as soon as i found them, why did i not get a friendly reminder message to run them ? im only human and i can forget sometimes. it is OMS and the supervisors to check their computers and communicate to the drivers. Its not my job to remind them. its the holiday before christmas. everyone minds is to be hurry and be done. Im not gonna try to explain this everytime. look at my original #1 post thread. All im asking are the Odds of getting my job back and not bash me any further. i know i :censored2:ed up.

Manifesto

PCM yeah probably didnt hear it because of him saying jokes of not hiting a brand new truck for Christmas. I was already back at the center and sheeted them as missed. Then AFTER the supervisor question me why i sheeted them as missed face to face, after that i went in the trailer trying to find the packages. while i was trying to find the package he sent the Message Out not to sheet anything MISSED and run them. At that point it was too late to ratify my mistakes because it was loaded in the trailer a small sort bag. Idk if it is my fault, but like i said in earlier threads i scanned them in a missloads as soon as i found them, why did i not get a friendly reminder message to run them ? im only human and i can forget sometimes. it is OMS and the supervisors to check their computers and communicate to the drivers. Its not my job to remind them. its the holiday before christmas. everyone minds is to be hurry and be done. Im not gonna try to explain this everytime. look at my original #1 post thread. All im asking are the Odds of getting my job back and not bash me any further. i know i :censored2:ed up.
The story is just strange to me because of the time frame here. If he immediately asked you about the packages why could they not be found immediately? This was all before you clocked out? Surely couldn't have been a long enough period of time for them to disappear in a trailer. And why didn't you have a sup verbally verify before sheeting missed if you were already at the building? Not trying to bash you. Just trying to understand a 4 year employee's mindset here.

Omega117

The story is just strange to me because of the time frame here. If he immediately asked you about the packages why could they not be found immediately? This was all before you clocked out? Surely couldn't have been a long enough period of time for them to disappear in a trailer. And why didn't you have a sup verbally verify before sheeting missed if you were already at the building? Not trying to bash you. Just trying to understand a 4 year employee's mindset here.
Right if i found them right in the trailer i would of easily gone back out and deliver them. My mindset was a "normal" saturday. my evening supervisor is laid back and OMS is laid back because its a saturday. the morning supervisor and OMS yeah they normally send it to my DIAD and run it on my way back to center. My evening supervisor says if you want to run the missload then run it, if not sheet it as missed and service cross it and throw it in the belt so it would be loaded in the local trailer. Hes not really forcing any overtime unless hes trying to go home early himself. He leaves early if things goes smoothly and doesn't wait for last driver. The main problem is that we dont communicate with each other until it is too late. We used to have a OMS who would regularly send out reminders etc, yeah sure it got annoying and slows down the DIAD. its just that ME as a driver, OMS and supervisors got careless and im the one who got canned for the mistakes.