Terminated for dishonesty

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I haven't read every single post in this seemingly very popular thread,

....but from what I have read, this just IS NOT a case of dishonesty and certainly not a cardinal sin, meaning it should have been dealt with as progressive discipline.

If I were a business agent and had a willing grievant like @Omega117 appears to be, I would love to argue this case before a panel or arbitrator.
Nobody said :censored2: to him when he asked, so how is it his fault?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Peak was slow and 4th quarter profit will be down, I expect a lot of inside people and drivers will be getting fired for a couple months, plus ups needs to make that raise money back, game played every year like clockwork

JL 0513

Peak was slow and 4th quarter profit will be down, I expect a lot of inside people and drivers will be getting fired for a couple months, plus ups needs to make that raise money back, game played every year like clockwork
The company already pulled back on peak resources this year predicting a slowdown but it was worse than expected and we still had too much help. I'm sure there's pockets around the country that didn't get enough help but it looks like the average paid day was low. So expect next year to really pull back. I had a lot of 7.5 hour days all December.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't understand the internet "tough guy" talk is for. If precident was that sheeting anything other than missed results in termination then I frankly do not care if not working as instructed, leads to an outcome lesser than a termination, suspension<termination, free vacation.

It sounds like a strategy with more teeth in it than you all give it credit for.

Last edited:

Manifesto

Only when directed. No self dispatching.

Heard that from a sup once or twice.

What they want changes as often as the weather.

And you're supposed to "just know" what they wanted every time without being told.
He was told no missed. That would imply either someone comes and picks them up to be run or he runs them. At the very least don't sheet them missed back at the building. Find a sup there before you sheet missed. But it's definitely not a cardinal sin.