The Big News

vantexan

OK, Ground guys drive loose freight over to Express stations and/or ramps where Express employees separate it into can by itself just as they do for other freight. Alot of our freight sits on our belt waiting to be loaded for an hour or more before the reload even starts. And I've seen that at other stations too. We are talking national 2 day and even less 3 day as more of that can go through Ground system. Having Express pick up and do everything else with all P2 except for delivering it would save very little. The real savings is in Ground completely handling the bulk of it. And Express just handling the transport of what can't be delivered in time by truck. And our future raises very much depend on FedEx significantly reducing costs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
OK, Ground guys drive loose freight over to Express stations and/or ramps where Express employees separate it into can by itself just as they do for other freight. Alot of our freight sits on our belt waiting to be loaded for an hour or more before the reload even starts. And I've seen that at other stations too. We are talking national 2 day and even less 3 day as more of that can go through Ground system. Having Express pick up and do everything else with all P2 except for delivering it would save very little. The real savings is in Ground completely handling the bulk of it. And Express just handling the transport of what can't be delivered in time by truck. And our future raises very much depend on FedEx significantly reducing costs.

Future raises are likely to be much like past raises...puny and offset by higher medical premiums or some other means. "Fred does not giveth unless Fred also taketh". MEMPHOIDS 2:12

vantexan

Future raises are likely to be much like past raises...puny and offset by higher medical premiums or some other means. "Fred does not giveth unless Fred also taketh". MEMPHOIDS 2:12

You're most likely right. It occurred to me today that maybe the reason they are giving up on the old review system is that they've reduced raise percentages so much that it's no longer much of an incentive to try to get a high score. Not so long ago as you know a 7 on review equaled a 7% raise, now it's 4.5%. A 6.4 review was a 6.4% raise, now it's a 3.2% raise. They might as well give it up since now they are expecting a 100% goal performance every day and if you miss goal too much you get a decision day. What then does it matter if you got a 6.8 review?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're most likely right. It occurred to me today that maybe the reason they are giving up on the old review system is that they've reduced raise percentages so much that it's no longer much of an incentive to try to get a high score. Not so long ago as you know a 7 on review equaled a 7% raise, now it's 4.5%. A 6.4 review was a 6.4% raise, now it's a 3.2% raise. They might as well give it up since now they are expecting a 100% goal performance every day and if you miss goal too much you get a decision day. What then does it matter if you got a 6.8 review?

That sounds about right.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

This got me to thinking...if there are no more reviews, will they still be able to hold occurrences and incidents against you? Or what about when you get hurt? Will that still go against you somehow?

My manager has been "trying" to do my review for the last 2 weeks, but something always "comes up". I did ask him about these changes and he confirmed it but had no details because our senior hadn't explained it to them yet, so I guess we'll get the heads up this week.

vantexan

This got me to thinking...if there are no more reviews, will they still be able to hold occurrences and incidents against you? Or what about when you get hurt? Will that still go against you somehow?

They recently came out with a new system concerning warning letters, accidents, etc. Won't affect your review but get too many in a short time and you're done. They're getting pretty direct about things, should push us older folks out faster.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

That's how it seems to me also. Used to be, once you made it past 10 years, all you had to do was keep your nose clean and you were left alone. Now they are nitpicking so much it makes me wonder if I need to really start updating my resume...at least the job history part will be easy to fill out, but if they ask for anything past 15 years, I'm screwed...lol

vantexan

That's how it seems to me also. Used to be, once you made it past 10 years, all you had to do was keep your nose clean and you were left alone. Now they are nitpicking so much it makes me wonder if I need to really start updating my resume...at least the job history part will be easy to fill out, but if they ask for anything past 15 years, I'm screwed...lol

Damned if we do, damned if we don't!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If there's no review score, won't people be free to call in sick [almost] as often as they'd like with no recourse?

vantexan

If there's no review score, won't people be free to call in sick [almost] as often as they'd like with no recourse?

They'd forfeit the payout for not taking them, and if they took more than 5 I'm guessing they'd get a warning letter. Too many of those in a short period...

55+

I think they are going more toward parttime and when they widdle down the rank of fulltimers perhaps they will offer some type of buyout. Question is will they also offer the buyout to parttimers(?)

LTFedExer

I think they are going more toward parttime and when they widdle down the rank of fulltimers perhaps they will offer some type of buyout. Question is will they also offer the buyout to parttimers(?)
Why would they buyout PT'ers if you think their going PT? I think you answered your own question.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Why should they buy you out when you can either be fired or downgraded? Please remember that we are dealing with Fred here, which means that the moths in his wallet now control his every thought and action.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Why should they buy you out when you can either be fired or downgraded? Please remember that we are dealing with Fred here, which means that the moths in his wallet now control his every thought and action.

I can almost guarantee you that there are NO moths in Freddo's wallet...maybe a picture of a smiling, happy family that came with the wallet, a receipt for the Chinese place down the road, limitless corporate credit cards and an expired driver's license, but no moths. Almost forgot the obligatory business cards with other lobbyist phone numbers written on back.