The things customers say or do...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have done the same thing. It is not a good idea to reward stupidity or rudeness. Yes I feel it is a big deal, and it is surrounded in a very small package called respect. I have a business which has a window that surely shows when I pull up, yet the woman will not get out of her chair and unlock the door, until I knock. Its rude, its stupid, its laziness.

Superballs was delivering in a center he does not normally work in with a sup in the jump seat. I have to think that he was thinking to himself "I don't have to deal with this guy ever again so why should I take care of him?" I wonder if he would have done the same if this was on a route that he covered on a regular basis in his primary center.

Yes, the consignee should have come out when he first saw him coming up the driveway, but Superballs should have done the right thing when asked to bring the tires to the garage.

S

serenity now

only about 2% of the population looks really good naked, so odds are if you do get a NATD (naked at the door), you will want to forget rather than remember that image

balland chain

I delivered Avon to a very old lady. She had a small work shop in her back yard and I would hand truck the packages to her work shop as a courtesy since she was old and a widow. When my sup rode with me he instructed me to place them in her carport, and not to hand truck the packages to her work shop like she had asked me to.. The next day, I had a delivery and did as instructed. She came out a bit upset and I told her the truth, my supervisor told me I could no longer take your packages to your work shop. I felt awful and gave her my supervisor's name and the center number. I had a big X on my back because I would file a grievance when I caught them in violation. So I had to do as instructed, I even caught the sup. one day watching me at when I made a delivery to her. I can not remember if she called in a complaint, but she was not happy. If that is how they want us to work, the need to change the company to United Parcel.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I delivered Avon to a very old lady. She had a small work shop in her back yard and I would hand truck the packages to her work shop as a courtesy since she was old and a widow. When my sup rode with me he instructed me to place them in her carport, and not to hand truck the packages to her work shop like she had asked me to.. The next day, I had a delivery and did as instructed. She came out a bit upset and I told her the truth, my supervisor told me I could no longer take your packages to your work shop. I felt awful and gave her my supervisor's name and the center number. I had a big X on my back because I would file a grievance when I caught them in violation. So I had to do as instructed, I even caught the sup. one day watching me at when I made a delivery to her. I can not remember if she called in a complaint, but she was not happy. If that is how they want us to work, the need to change the company to United Parcel.
friend that schiatt. Your sup was wrong. We take care of customers, not them. I would have told him so and I would not have done as instructed. I would have told him to write me and I would have taken it to the next level. I hate supervisors that are like that. It's BS! I have little old ladies and little old men as customers. I do everything in my power to take care of them. They are my bread and butter. Little old ladies are the rare exception I make to going into houses.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Superballs was delivering in a center he does not normally work in with a sup in the jump seat. I have to think that he was thinking to himself "I don't have to deal with this guy ever again so why should I take care of him?" I wonder if he would have done the same if this was on a route that he covered on a regular basis in his primary center.

Yes, the consignee should have come out when he first saw him coming up the driveway, but Superballs should have done the right thing when asked to bring the tires to the garage.

I told the on car about it when I got back to the truck and he agreed with me, so nanny nanny boo boo :p

There is a route I run routinely and there is a resi stop where the homeowner is a printer and he has a shop around back down his nasty stone crappy driveway.

DR front porch

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had a fun one last week. Went out in a different center last week with a SUP, and of course he made me do all the schlepping up long driveways. So I walk the handcart up this stone driveway with 2 sets of tires and 2 other packages on it. As I'm walking up the driveway the homeowner comes tot he door and opens up the inner door and stares at me through the storm door. After unloading the 2 small packages onto a swing anchored tot he porch I drop the tires on the porch. As I close up the handcart he comes out and says "Can you take the tires over to the garage?" then he was surprised when I said No. I told him next time stop me BEFORE I unload them cause after that I don't load them bac up and move them.

Morins
Since they are at the door, and act human, and walk out and say hi, how are you? could you put those over there, gladly I would. After I unload them then they come out and say, would you take them over there., AFTER THEY WATCHED ME UNLOAD THEM, Nope, I will not reward stupidity nor ignorance, or rudeness. Wake up act like a human, use your brain.

Since they are at the door, and act human, and walk out and say hi, how are you? could you put those over there, gladly I would. After I unload them then they come out and say, would you take them over there., AFTER THEY WATCHED ME UNLOAD THEM, Nope, I will not reward stupidity nor ignorance, or rudeness. Wake up act like a human, use your brain.
I feel your pain! You dont mind being nice or doing someone a favor,but I dont want to play HOW FAR AND HOW MANY TIMES I CAN CARRY THIS PACKAGE!!!!!! I dont like that game. Its almost as bad as How long can it take you to answer the door?

U

uber

I told the on car about it when I got back to the truck and he agreed with me, so nanny nanny boo boo :p

There is a route I run routinely and there is a resi stop where the homeowner is a printer and he has a shop around back down his nasty stone crappy driveway.

DR front porch

I like your style.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

DR front porch

I like your style.

Spoken like two young runners lol. The customer gets 1 delivery point. If they want everything at a shop 100ft around back that's where they get it. Now if they start asking for a delivery point everyday no that ain't gonna fly.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

I once had a woman watch me struggle with a large, heavy carton. One of those assemble yourself desks or some dang thing. I get it out of the back of the truck and wheel in on a cart to the door. She then comes out the door and proceeds to tell me she was supposed to refuse the delivery. I was sooooo mad I could not even spit.

didyousheetit

On Friday had five big pieces 2nd Day Air addressed to a triplex... unit number 3. Get to the building..units are labeled "A", "B", and "C". Sigh..

Really don't want to see these bad boys again on Monday.. there is a phone number on the label so I try it.. disconnected. Rang the bell at unit "C" anyway.. noone home. Sheeted up as APT and to the clerk they go.

Monday rolls around and I am covering same route again. The packages are back now going to unit "C". Get to the building and this time man is home. He asks why I didn't leave the pacakges on Friday. Told him on Friday they were addressed to unit 3. He said "I am unit 3." I look at his door with a big letter "C" on it and say "No your unit C." To this he replies "Well, the electric company says we are unit C but the gas company says we are unit 3."

What???

I told him "I'm sorry, we just go by what it says on the door. Have a good night."
I had a apt . labeled apt. 5 trouble is the aptmartments run "a" through "friend" so I sheeted it as need apt. my ptdispatch ods me that he is there waiting all day for me. I tell the ptsup to ask customer to open his door look at outside of door and read what is on it. She calls me back on phone laughing so hard he was a foriegn student and really didn't know what it said.

I tell people that years ago if we(drivers) didn't feel like delivering some packages we bring them down to the river. Then I'd say you just can't do that any more. The look on there faces price less.

U

uber

Spoken like two young runners lol. The customer gets 1 delivery point. If they want everything at a shop 100ft around back that's where they get it. Now if they start asking for a delivery point everyday no that ain't gonna fly.

I'm not going to risk spraining an ankle walking down a nasty stone crappy driveway.

Look, I cater to people when I can, but I'm not going to go above and beyond just to appease someone. As much as secretary types think I should, its not going to happen. Especially if someone gets snotty for no reason. Not happening.

DougHeffernan

I once had a woman watch me struggle with a large, heavy carton. One of those assemble yourself desks or some dang thing. I get it out of the back of the truck and wheel in on a cart to the door. She then comes out the door and proceeds to tell me she was supposed to refuse the delivery. I was sooooo mad I could not even spit.

I had a similar instance. Went on an area for the first time cold.. Had this business that was between two streets. I went to the address on package and proceeded to load my hand cart with about 20 boxes all the while the receptionist was standing at and watching me through front door. I get to door and she tells me those have to be delivered to back door. As I looked for a sidewalk around building, which I didn't find. At this point she says its on the next street. I explained to her that you just watched me unload all these packages without mentioning this to me beforehand. I remained calm and asked her since this is first day on route could I deliver through front and all future deliveries I promise I will deliver to back door. She said no and I would have to load them back up and drive around. Arrgh still in my polite voice... Yes Ma'mm by the way what time do you close? "5:00 o'clock why" we'll I have some time sensitive packages I have to deliver but I will definitely be back before you close. Well I came back alright, around 4:55. Lol I swung on that area off and on for the next few years guess what time I would deliver everytime.
Between 4:50 - 4:59
When they had next day air. "We're waiting on an important ground package you think you deliver it now?" I'm sorry I have too many 10:30 deliveries to deliver any ground but rest assured i will be back before you close. sorry

S

serenity now

wow, you only get one chance to burn the Heff * after that, it's Payback City * i like your style

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
stopped at a house for the 2nd attempt and lady said " i was home all day yesterday" I said i knocked on the door ma'am. she said " you must have been at the wrong house then." I said did you get my delivery notice? she says "yes" I said then i'm pretty sure i was at the right house. What did she think i knocked on the neighbors door and then put the notice on hers?

stopped at a house for the 2nd attempt and lady said " i was home all day yesterday" I said i knocked on the door ma'am. she said " you must have been at the wrong house then." I said did you get my delivery notice? she says "yes" I said then i'm pretty sure i was at the right house. What did she think i knocked on the neighbors door and then put the notice on hers?
No Xmas tip 4 U !!!!