The things customers say or do...

Kevin Bengson

Had a helper for Xmas who got tired of having customers ask "what is it?". Upon being asked the question for a final time he responds, "it's my dick in a box". I, trying not to laugh, apologize and and leave in a hurry.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I had a customer say, "Can I do it?", pointing to the board. ?????? He runs the local white-water rafting company and I went to school with his brother. "What the heck." He hit every button like he owned it. Some of them really do pay attention. Cool.

Had to deliver there Friday. He was way out back so I just DR'ed it. (on-car approved place) He came running out just after I closed the stop. He was soooooo bummed. I laughed. Next time, I said.:happy-very:

SmithBarney

Thinking about starting a "what to answer" thread.

as the customer runs out of the house (past the package) "do I have to sign?" as you are getting in the PC/truck say YES! and drive off.

as for random folks who used to shout into the truck while I was running businessses "do you have anything for me" just say YES!

Perhaps just answering YES to any question might be fun enough.

What's in it? YES
How come you are late? YES
I've been waiting all day! YES?
Did you hear the one about FEDEX and UPS merging? YES!

thedownhillEXPRESS

Had an older women with tattered clothes on take awhile to answer the door, as she's signing for the package with an evil looking smirk and says "you don't want to know what I was just doing"...... then laughs......

Alcohol wipes please!!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Had a fun one last week. Went out in a different center last week with a SUP, and of course he made me do all the schlepping up long driveways. So I walk the handcart up this stone driveway with 2 sets of tires and 2 other packages on it. As I'm walking up the driveway the homeowner comes tot he door and opens up the inner door and stares at me through the storm door. After unloading the 2 small packages onto a swing anchored tot he porch I drop the tires on the porch. As I close up the handcart he comes out and says "Can you take the tires over to the garage?" then he was surprised when I said No. I told him next time stop me BEFORE I unload them cause after that I don't load them bac up and move them.

Morins

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a fun one last week. Went out in a different center last week with a SUP, and of course he made me do all the schlepping up long driveways. So I walk the handcart up this stone driveway with 2 sets of tires and 2 other packages on it. As I'm walking up the driveway the homeowner comes tot he door and opens up the inner door and stares at me through the storm door. After unloading the 2 small packages onto a swing anchored tot he porch I drop the tires on the porch. As I close up the handcart he comes out and says "Can you take the tires over to the garage?" then he was surprised when I said No. I told him next time stop me BEFORE I unload them cause after that I don't load them bac up and move them. Morons

Would it have really been that big of a deal to put the tires back on to the handcart and bring them to the garage?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
My husband is one of those guys that work from home.
Last week we received cases of tea and a few cans were damaged and leaking.
I ripped the shipping department for poor packaging.

We generally get deliveries after 1500 when I am home.
I see the brown truck pull up and I stop whatever I am doing to open the garage door.
Husband works for soft drink company and we have a store vis-cooler in the garage.
My UPS driver has been trained to grab a cold beverage while / if I need to sign Diad.
And in the summer I force a beverage of their choice and a hydrating beverage for the ride.

I try to be the house the UPS driver wants to stop at and deliver.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My husband is one of those guys that work from home.
Last week we received cases of tea and a few cans were damaged and leaking.
I ripped the shipping department for poor packaging.

We generally get deliveries after 1500 when I am home.
I see the brown truck pull up and I stop whatever I am doing to open the garage door.
Husband works for soft drink company and we have a store vis-cooler in the garage.
My UPS driver has been trained to grab a cold beverage while / if I need to sign Diad.
And in the summer I force a beverage of their choice and a hydrating beverage for the ride.

I try to be the house the UPS driver wants to stop at and deliver.
Wanna move out to AZ?!?! :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Would it have really been that big of a deal to put the tires back on to the handcart and bring them to the garage?
I wouldn't have either. If the customer wants to be a rude friend then he can move the tires himself. With that said - I would have left them at the garage to begin with. :happy-very:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

No, but that's not the point. I deliver the packages, I'm not going to deliver some of it here, and some of it there. If you want it at one spot, ask me.....but BEFORE I unload it, that's all

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had a fun one last week. Went out in a different center last week with a SUP, and of course he made me do all the schlepping up long driveways. So I walk the handcart up this stone driveway with 2 sets of tires and 2 other packages on it. As I'm walking up the driveway the homeowner comes tot he door and opens up the inner door and stares at me through the storm door. After unloading the 2 small packages onto a swing anchored tot he porch I drop the tires on the porch. As I close up the handcart he comes out and says "Can you take the tires over to the garage?" then he was surprised when I said No. I told him next time stop me BEFORE I unload them cause after that I don't load them bac up and move them

Morins
I have done the same thing.

It is not a good idea to reward stupidity or rudeness. Yes I feel it is a big deal, and it is surrounded in a very small package called respect.
I have a business which has a window that surely shows when I pull up, yet the woman will not get out of her chair and unlock the door, until I knock. Its rude, its stupid, its laziness.

Last edited: