The things customers say or do...

U

uber

I delivered to the most disgusting apartment complex there is today. The whole area just smells rancid. Well, I have to deliver a NDA inside the complex and the smell gets worse. Well I find the unit and there is a sign on the door that says, "knock loud and wait a couple minutes". I'm thinking okay, I have 16 NDA I gotta get going but being the nice guy that I am and knowing it was medication I thought I'd wait for the 5-10 minutes it took this morbidly obese lady to get into her wheelchair and from her bed to answer the door. She opens the door and its absolute filth, I had to literally hold my breath it was soooooo bad. Like episode of the year on the show 'Hoarders' bad. The lady was covered in piss and was incoherent to everything. I couldn't make sense of what she was saying. She kept asking me questions about where to sign and I couldn't make out what she was saying and I said just scribble where the 'X' is. Finally I stop completed it and stumbled out of there thinking WTF was that? One of the most disgusting things I've ever been a part of.

Ms.PacMan

One of the most disgusting things I've ever been a part of.
I used to deliver to a lady (Depends) who always had dried blood all over her fingertips and under her nails. She was so dirty that it took me a few times to realize that it was blood. From then on she never had to sign :)

She was murdered (strangled) by her upstairs neighbor and the paper said that she also had blood all over her hands but they weren't sure where it was from or why. I thought to myself "yeah, I've been wondering that too, for a long time".

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why do people do that!? They can have a huge box and put the label over the center crease or wrap it around the side. Why???????
For the same reason that Ross's puts a price tag on the glass of the picture frame instead of on the back. Stupid people !!! The world is full of them and they reproduce and vote!!

S

serenity now

It's like having 3 of the exact same box from a shipper and the labels are on 3 different sides. I don't care how much you get paid, have some pride.

that can happen when they are labeling product from a full pallet of new stock *
i hate to have a long box with the label on one end :biting:

bluehdmc

For the same reason that Ross's puts a price tag on the glass of the picture frame instead of on the back. Stupid people !!! The world is full of them and they reproduce and vote!!

Makes sense to me to put on the glass, all you need is a razor blade to scrape it off. If they put the priced tag on the wood or paper backing it would be harder to remove.

Not the most annoying thing, but still, is when someone signs the diad and they tell you their last name even though you don't ask for it (like when you already know who they are or read their name tag).

Also, I hate it when people try having conversations with you when you don't initiate it or seem interested.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Dish call tags.
customer: The receiver is in the room with the bat in it.
Me: you have a bat in your house? In February?
Customer: yes we call it the batroom.
me: can you get it from the batroom? I have tape
Customer: no we dont go in there, but I can take you there
Me: no I'll just call dish and tell them to send a bat tech

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I delivered to the most disgusting apartment complex there is today. The whole area just smells rancid. Well, I have to deliver a NDA inside the complex and the smell gets worse. Well I find the unit and there is a sign on the door that says, "knock loud and wait a couple minutes". I'm thinking okay, I have 16 NDA I gotta get going but being the nice guy that I am and knowing it was medication I thought I'd wait for the 5-10 minutes it took this morbidly obese lady to get into her wheelchair and from her bed to answer the door. She opens the door and its absolute filth, I had to literally hold my breath it was soooooo bad. Like episode of the year on the show 'Hoarders' bad. The lady was covered in piss and was incoherent to everything. I couldn't make sense of what she was saying. She kept asking me questions about where to sign and I couldn't make out what she was saying and I said just scribble where the 'X' is. Finally I stop completed it and stumbled out of there thinking WTF was that? One of the most disgusting things I've ever been a part of.

Same thing friday......kept knocking and appparently I had to wait while she got dressed(ugh) nasty arse jogging pants, and shirt, all stained, place reeked from outside, and what a pleasure when 6 minutes later, finally opened the door. Apparently had to wait while she lighted her cigar/cigarette, as you know you must have that to open your door. It was also meds, I usually drop the diapers and run, this needed a sig. I never use antibacterial wipes, but I have thenm and I used them. I think it may have been better to keep their meds. Whats the point of living?

Been on my route for a very longtime and one of my favorite female customer says to me " How come there isnt a young good looking UPS guy on this route?" My response was there isnt any good looking ladies on this route...thats why!!! She was ticked off for a second then she was laughing her butt off. Saying I deserved that one.LOL