The things customers say or do...

barnyard

KTM rider
I always say I won't redeliver to liars. Tell me you were in the backyard, had your ear buds in, even sleeping - fine, I'll go back. Say I didn't knock or ring - screw you.

That is my policy also. Which is why I did not go back. I realized that the building was not out of my way for a 2nd attempt, which is why I called the OMS and told him that their buzzer must not work and they would not hear it a 2nd time. I was hoping the OMS would call them back, relay that message and it would be a not so subtle slap on the hand for lying.

At apartments, I lean on the buzzer to the point of being obnoxious and if people ask why I ring so long, I tell them, "I HATE delivering to apartments and would prefer to get stuff delivered on the 1st attempt and it that means ringing buzzers a long time, then that is what it means."

Had a customer who said can I have your cellphone number...my doorbell doesnt work......I said Im not your landlord but I will be happy to take your rent check!!!!He wasnt very happy with that answer...BUT I DONT CARE!!!!!

Mstrb

Dont know if this has been said but...

I get customers that ask me if Im FED-EX, when I deliever..
I guess the Brown uniform and giant brown truck that says UPS on the side isnt conviencing enough...

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Them: "What are the roads like?"
Me: "Paved".

Them: "What's it doing outside?"
Me: "What's what doing outside?"

Office: "Cust states doorbell broken, can you redel?"
Me: "Kindly ask cust to replace/repair doorbell for delivery on (next business day)"

And my all-time favorite, which unfortunately I only get to use on October 31st...

Them: "What are you supposed to be?"
Me: "I'm supposed to be done by now, sign for your package".

browniehound

Just curious as to what other's favorite pet peeve might be when dealing with customers. Don't get me wrong I care about the customer, as much as UPS let's me these days, but they do and say some of the darnedest things. My recent favorite is...

After DR'ing package, I'm walking back to the truck or even in the truck getting ready to pull away and a customer will shout, with package in hand, "Do I have to sign for this?"

Yeah, I get mean when I hear this and just say "No, I left it on your door step!".

browniehound

I love the customers who feel it necessary to include the desired delivery location as part of the address. While it may be helpful to a cover driver it is annoying to the regular driver, especially if the customer is a regular.

I leave a package at the garage because it has an over-hang to keep it dry. I'm walking back to the truck and she comes to the front door and asks where it is. I point to the garage and she hems and haws yet the garage is 3 feet away from the front door. Give me a break lady! just trying to keep your package dry. How about you walk out the door, down 2 steps and 3 feet to your left. Is that something to be angry about?

Had a signature required package yesterday,customer wasnt home. I left an info notice saying I would be back today between 2 and 5. Got there at 400 today and the lady was freaking out saying how bad our service was and that she had waited all day for her package! I said did you read the notice?...She said yes. I said said is this between 2 and 5?...She said yes!! I said what is the problem? She said this is way too close to 5!!! WTF!!!!!