The things customers say or do...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I went into a convenience store with their Mass State lottery tickets,, the lady at the register told me to wait in line like other customers and put the boxes up a flight of stairs to the office . she gave me a attitude for months, so I just walked out with a see yah tomorrow !!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I went into a convenience store with their Mass State lottery tickets,, the lady at the register told me to wait in line like other customers and put the boxes up a flight of stairs to the office . she gave me a attitude for months, so I just walked out with a see yah tomorrow !!

Apparently she has not got the gist of it yet.....You ARE NOT a customer. And why is it so hard for some people to take 2 seconds to scribble a name on the Diad and get us on our way? Others can be doing 5 things at once and STILL sign their name.

Re-Raise

After I knock and say UPS... customer hollers "c'mon in".
Uh - NO!

I had that happen the other day. So I yelled out "UPS"

The old guy inside yelled out "come on in" again.

I see the old guy sitting there in a chair,so I opened the door and said " Sir I have a delivery for you"

He said "didn't you hear me say come in?"

I said "yes , but i thought you might have thought I was a friend of yours"

He said " friend?. hell I ain't got no friends"

I had a pretty good laugh at that one .. the old grouch.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I saw a customer put up a full sheet of plywood nailed to two 4X4s he'd set in the ground. He did it at the intersection of 2 busy streets on the corner of a large apartment complex

On the plywood he stapled sheets of white poster-board which contained graphic pictures of his now ex-girlfriend and descriptions of her "dirty, lowdown, *#&&&#^%@$*& behavior.

It was up for nearly 6 hours before the complex maintenance folks tore it down. It drew a lot of visitors.

DougHeffernan

Had one customer that ran a business out of her garage and on occasion she would get a sig required ltr. and would never be there to sign for it so I leave delivery notice and be on my way.
I get a call that I need to make another attempt because she's waiting on her medicine. Lol medicine my ass. 1 attempt per day. Now she calls in a on demand pickup only to say she cancelled it when I go back but do you have that pkg you tried delivering earlier. Now odp is out of area. Bitch

S

serenity now

Had one customer that ran a business out of her garage and on occasion she would get a sig required ltr. and would never be there to sign for it so I leave delivery notice and be on my way.
I get a call that I need to make another attempt because she's waiting on her medicine. Lol medicine my ass. 1 attempt per day. Now she calls in a on demand pickup only to say she cancelled it when I go back but do you have that pkg you tried delivering earlier. Now odp is out of area. Bitch

must control fist of death

I had a customer that would do the exact same thing. I got wise to that and my buddy on the route beside me would take the oncall for me. Customer would say where is my regular driver...other driver would say I am closer!..After getting billed for oncalls that were never picked up they quit doing that crap!!! I dont my doing somebody a favor but dont PLAY ME!!!

S

serenity now

I had a customer that would do the exact same thing. I got wise to that and my buddy on the route beside me would take the oncall for me. Customer would say where is my regular driver...other driver would say I am closer!..After getting billed for oncalls that were never picked up they quit doing that crap!!! I dont my doing somebody a favor but dont PLAY ME!!!

SCORE!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True story--I was delivering to Game Stop this morning when a guy who claimed that he was a UPS retiree from Vermont walks up to me and asks me to take an open package back as an RTS. He then proceeds to take a few steps in to the pkg car. I politely but firmly asked him to step out of the pkg car and then told him that I could not accept the pkg as it had been opened. He then said that I should do him a favor as he was a retiree. I countered by saying that if he really had worked for the company he would know that we are not allowed to accept package as refusals that had been opened. He said he would be back in Vermont tomorrow and would find someone to take care of him. I told him to have a nice day and went on my way.

He didn't even try to hide the fact that he had opened the box as it was still open when he tried to hand it to me.

SmithBarney

Lots of familiar stories here..
I love the folks that after I DR and am back at the truck, they fly out the front door somehow manage not to trip over the package, and run up asking if I have a package for them...I kindly point to the front door.

Favorite story this week.
Guy comes to the door.. after I'm almost done filling out the door tag, and says "I'm not wearing any pants" I didn't have time for a snarky remark(I have plenty now) but I just told him, it happens all the time...

What'dyabringmetoday???

True story--I was delivering to Game Stop this morning when a guy who claimed that he was a UPS retiree from Vermont walks up to me and asks me to take an open package back as an RTS. He then proceeds to take a few steps in to the pkg car. I politely but firmly asked him to step out of the pkg car and then told him that I could not accept the pkg as it had been opened. He then said that I should do him a favor as he was a retiree. I countered by saying that if he really had worked for the company he would know that we are not allowed to accept package as refusals that had been opened. He said he would be back in Vermont tomorrow and would find someone to take care of him. I told him to have a nice day and went on my way.

He didn't even try to hide the fact that he had opened the box as it was still open when he tried to hand it to me.
This could be a pilot for a soap opera.

AKCoverMan

On Friday had five big pieces 2nd Day Air addressed to a triplex... unit number 3. Get to the building..units are labeled "A", "B", and "C". Sigh..

Really don't want to see these bad boys again on Monday.. there is a phone number on the label so I try it.. disconnected. Rang the bell at unit "C" anyway.. noone home. Sheeted up as APT and to the clerk they go.

Monday rolls around and I am covering same route again. The packages are back now going to unit "C". Get to the building and this time man is home. He asks why I didn't leave the pacakges on Friday. Told him on Friday they were addressed to unit 3. He said "I am unit 3." I look at his door with a big letter "C" on it and say "No your unit C." To this he replies "Well, the electric company says we are unit C but the gas company says we are unit 3."

What???

I told him "I'm sorry, we just go by what it says on the door. Have a good night."

oldngray

nowhere special
The ever popular house with no number and customer just says everyone knows which house is theirs ( or the number fell off and they have been meaning to replace it ).

S

serenity now

The ever popular house with no number and customer just says everyone knows which house is theirs ( or the number fell off and they have been meaning to replace it ).

reply with ( i've been meaning to deliver your stuff, but there's no numbers on your house) :wink2:

barnyard

KTM rider
must control fist of death

I got the message today, "Customer says you did not ring them, wants you to redeliver."

I called in, "I will not redeliver. I leaned on the buzzer for a count of 4, if they did not hear it, it must be broke, that means they won't hear it when I go back too."

I thought about going back and confronting them about lying. I figured that would not end well. Fists of death would have been deployed.