This ones for all you Guys and Gals who like to BEAT ORION

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was told to park the truck and walk to lunch.
If they told me that I would tell them to go friend/// themselves.

We are human beings and we have a right to eat a meal and use sanitary restroom facilities during our work day.

There isnt a bathroom in the truck, so if its time for my lunch or break I will drive to a location that has one and if that means I dont "comply" with their new ORION toy then thats just too damn bad.

40 stops to freedom

pretty soon this is going to be under the 4000 shelf behind the dolly
80845.jpg

JackStraw

They are going to bitch at you regardless, as stated by many above. One day I finished 5 minutes earlier than the orion plan said I would. The next day, the normal report showed I was about an hour over. When my center manager asked what happened I said "I finished right on time according to the orion plan, which reports are we going to go by? " He said "my reports of course, and quickly walked away." They aren't going to be able to bust my balls about production when orion seems to be a little more accurate on how long the day could take.
The Orion time includes your "over allowed average". So if you are averaging 50 clicks over each day it adds that to your days equation.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The Orion time includes your "over allowed average". So if you are averaging 50 clicks over each day it adds that to your days equation.
That's sort of correct. The orion engineer will base it on the sporh the driver runs so it will ultimately reflect the over/under the driver usually has but not directly for that reason.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If they told me that I would tell them to go friend/// themselves.

We are human beings and we have a right to eat a meal and use sanitary restroom facilities during our work day.

There isnt a bathroom in the truck, so if its time for my lunch or break I will drive to a location that has one and if that means I dont "comply" with their new ORION toy then thats just too damn bad.
I would have been like why don't I walk all over your forehead idiot lol.

Its so funny in the mornings since orion my sup actually squirms when he talks yo me about orion he wants to tell me so bad to just go back to the old way ( when I didn't run an extra 40 miles a day and work 11.5) but he is so pinned down by " corporate " that he can't so he just kinda talks quiet and says phrases like " come on give me your best" and my favorite " just try to work your old way into it" I am not giving them anything !!!! Lol !!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

I feel lucky- I have been on ORION since last August and its been months since my lack of "compliance" has even been mentioned to me. They dont even bother to print out the compliance reports any longer. For me at least, its a total non-issue. Punch in, download EDD, turn ORION off and get to work. Business as usual.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I feel lucky- I have been on ORION since last August and its been months since my lack of "compliance" has even been mentioned to me. They dont even bother to print out the compliance reports any longer. For me at least, its a total non-issue. Punch in, download EDD, turn ORION off and get to work. Business as usual.
Same here. The last couple of weeks I've just turned Orion off in the morning after rolling my eyes and am back to getting out a lot earlier. This week I stopped worrying about the miles too and even though my miles went up a bit and my percentage was below 80% not a word has been said. The on cars give a little "lets shoot for 95% compliance" in the PCM but have stopped actually talking about it with drivers.

32F driver

Day 1 with Orion guy = 77 miles. Day 2 with an on road =73 miles. Both days,on Orion stop for stop, both guys got an earful. By myself, I run my bid route my way, the logical way, & run between 58 & 64 miles. The 64 mile days are the days I have to go off area to del an elementary school. You can shove this stupid ass idea right up where the sun don't shine. I drive in the real world, & make decisions accordingly. It's a recipe for success that doesn't need to be messed with.

I second that motion!! My first day with a orion guy 35 miles over not a word said to me that day been over by 30 everyday since and been in the office everyday getting asked what the problem is lol !!!! Why do they care now!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

I second that motion!! My first day with a orion guy 35 miles over not a word said to me that day been over by 30 everyday since and been in the office everyday getting asked what the problem is lol !!!! Why do they care now!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Answer is simple, "I dunno... ask Orion?"

32F driver

It's a good thing that RDO is still in the diad. I run my ndas first: old school, I know. When I'm finished with airs, the diad automatically goes to ODO. No way in he**. I hit soft key RDO, & away I go. I'm not the only driver in my center to abandon Orion either. Our on roads & up to center mgr. are former drivers so they know what's up. I know in my case, not a word has been said about not running Orion. The only days I ran it , were the two days I had Orion riders.

32F driver

My day 1 Orion guy said, "you have 3 dels on this cul de sac,(8 houses on each side of rd), stay on main rd & walk the stops off." 2 of the dels were 3023 & 3024, the last houses on the cul. I told him he has lost his Effin mind as I made the turn to drive down the cul de sac, & if he made another suggestion like that again, I would throw his stupid a** off of my car. He kept his idiocy to himself after that. Dumba**!

32F driver

Another driver dels a very busy 6 lane street. While making a del on the S side of the street, his Orion sup says to him, "You have a del across the street on the N side, walk it across." I wish I could have heard the response to that one.

soberups

When ORION was first being implemented, I asked the "team" how ORION would deal with the fact that a driver who is pulling a pup trailer cannot back it into residential driveways and therefore cannot start making deliveries until after he has driven it to its designated spot on the route and unhooked it.

Their response......"whats a pup trailer?"