Time to bump up that 401k

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It will be there to some degree, but maybe a lesser payout and taxed at a higher rate?
Have you ever checked on how much you would receive from ss when you retire.... Then add your wife's ss in the mix...I was actually surprised at what Mrs cold and myself would receive...it's not pension or 401k monthly amounts but would mean that the MRS and myself could go On a couple vacations every year... And between her pension and 401k and my pension and 401k I think we will be retiring as soon as we can... friend this working until 70 and dying 2 years later crap!!!

Have you ever checked on how much you would receive from ss when you retire.... Then add your wife's ss in the mix...I was actually surprised at what Mrs cold and myself would receive...it's not pension or 401k monthly amounts but would mean that the MRS and myself could go On a couple vacations every year... And between her pension and 401k and my pension and 401k I think we will be retiring as soon as we can... friend this working until 70 and dying 2 years later crap!!!
Nothing is in stone, except what you have stashed away.

Hopefully I'm wrong

brett636

Personally, I think that SS will be there, because whoever votes it out, or the like, will not be re-elected the next cycle. Political suicide.

The problem is nobody has to vote it out for it to end. Eventually the math simply won't compute any longer and there will be no money to send anyone. It will end itself without a single vote on the matter.

upschuck

The problem is nobody has to vote it out for it to end. Eventually the math simply won't compute any longer and there will be no money to send anyone. It will end itself without a single vote on the matter.
Same thing, they won't let it go under, political suicide.

I actually got a raise at work and I'm worried to ask another employee if it's because minimum wage went up or what. They're not gonna like I've been making more than them (dollar an hour for doing 3 peaks), and I don't even know if anyone else got anything in the first place. I'm just as new as anybody else that's been there as long as me. I'd hate to end up asking a 3 year vet who makes less than me. I was already making a dollar more to begin with, so I don't know if I'm making more again with no raise and Oregon law took effect and they just bumped us or something.

I actually got a raise at work and I'm worried to ask another employee if it's because minimum wage went up or what. They're not gonna like I've been making more than them (dollar an hour for doing 3 peaks), and I don't even know if anyone else got anything in the first place. I'm just as new as anybody else that's been there as long as me. I'd hate to end up asking a 3 year vet who makes less than me. I was already making a dollar more to begin with, so I don't know if I'm making more again with no raise and Oregon law took effect and they just bumped us or something.
Minimum Wage Rate Summary