Tracking Question

BrownEvo

I used to be a loader (outbound) and was always curious when once I scan a package it shows up as 'Departure Scan' on the tracking info or once the trailer is ready to go to another hub/center the feeder driver does that?

Mr.Grey

Operations takes care of it once 5 other things clear the system . also it is why drivers are not "cleared" to unload till the sup has radio confirm that operations has the pac car number in the system .

brownIEman

I used to be a loader (outbound) and was always curious when once I scan a package it shows up as 'Departure Scan' on the tracking info or once the trailer is ready to go to another hub/center the feeder driver does that?

When you scan the package you are associating that tracking number with the trailer you are loading in (assuming you scanned the trailer first).
Once the feeder dept. or someone acting in that capacity goes into the system (TFCS) and processes a departure event for that trailer, the system adds the 'Departure Scan' to each package you scanned into that trailer.