ups bent me over big time and the union...Termination

drewed

Shankman
It doesnt really whose doctor it. A highway patrol person saw unsafe traffic incident, pulled him over, asked the question (im assuming) have you been drinking, taking any pills etc (when ive been pulled over for going over the speed limit i was asked that question, dif state i know but im going on a limb here) he said yes im taking painkillers for a injury the officer deemed the traffic incident occured because of the pills.

And as for the whether or not the vicodin was ok to drive with depends on a lot of things, dosage, weight, age of the person getting them.

It was also brought up and never responded to whether or not the pills were in the container or in a plastic baggy in a lunch box type thing....having rx drugs out of the container is illegal because you cant prove ownership of them.

sexyupsman

Ok maybe not bang....but i dont care what tingle tangle david ragan or your ups driver gives you...NO ONE CARES and would prefer you not push your sexuality on us
Whatever dude I am done with you. You are nothing and nobody to me so when I post next time dont bother to post since I bother you so much. It is sad that you have such an openly homophobic attitude. I sure hope none of your fellow co-workers have to listen to your ignorance. Maybe one of them is gay and will report you for being so vulgar. People like you have no room in a world trying to get over racism and hatred.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Vicodin is the exact medication I have that I am allowed to take while working. I thought the same thing about no doctor in his right mind would okay this med for driving so I called the DOT. It's perfectly fine they said as long as I have a prescription and the doctor has okayed it.

I personally don't take it at work because I feel too relaxed and I don't want this kind of hassle should anything happen.

Everyone needs to quit quoting the label warnings - it is perfectly legal and DOT approved to take this medication as prescribed, under a doctor's care, and drive a commercial vehicle if doctor approved once again.

It all depends on the amount of hydrocodone in the RX and the amount taken. Don't be fooled, hc can be seen as a schedule II as easily as schedule III. Infact hc in itself is a schedule II by itself or even mixed with non-narcotic and 15mg greater dose.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Couple of things

The driver was charged and found guilty of DUI while under the influence of the drugs, per his statement. IF that is so, how can someone else post that it is not illegal? Sounds like there is a liar somewhere. It is either illegal or it is legal. Cant be both.

As for the original post, there are a lot of missing pieces to this story. It also shows how much stupidity is believed by some people when others say "dont worry, its nothing".

My suggestion to you is see a lawyer. If even part of what you post is true, you might have a chance.

But I think not.

d

drewed

Shankman
Its not homophobia I have no problem at all with gay people whatever floats your boat...But the point I made earlier that is completely valid is....if I created a post that said my UPS driver is a little hottie or isnt that girl so hot or is it just me? itd be considered vulgar and demeaning itself...so if your going to throw the vulgarity card please give yourself one. Make sense? I dont push the fact Im a fan of women folk and you shouldnt bring up the fact youre youre a fan of the male folk...Like I said I dont personally have kids but a lot of people on here do, some of them bring their family into participate and they should have the option whether or not they want to bring homosexual discussion in their house and not pushed on them as you have done.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Its not homophobia I have no problem at all with gay people whatever floats your boat...But the point I made earlier that is completely valid is....if I created a post that said my UPS driver is a little hottie or isnt that girl so hot or is it just me? itd be considered vulgar and demeaning itself...so if your going to throw the vulgarity card please give yourself one. Make sense? I dont push the fact Im a fan of women folk and you shouldnt bring up the fact youre youre a fan of the male folk...Like I said I dont personally have kids but a lot of people on here do, some of them bring their family into participate and they should have the option whether or not they want to bring homosexual discussion in their house and not pushed on them as you have done.

Great my son just read your post now i have to explain homosexual thanks drewed lol:wink2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You are discussing this topic within a thread entitled "UPS bent me over big time" How ironic

smj8970

I work at ups (23 yrs) and my husband is an o/p hauling a tanker. He said even though we have only a class c, its the same situation as if it was a cdl. Its up to the license holder to protect his license. Not the boss or the company or the doctor. And to drive impaired means the officer must remove him from the truck, and the court will remove his commercial license and then his boss (company) can not put him back on the road till his license is reinstated. So it does not matter what the boss thought or what the dr thought. What matters is what the officer and the court thought. And no he would not drive till at least 24hrs after the last pain pill unless it was over the counter. If he needs Vicodin he isnt able to drive with or with out it. He has to take ramdoms every month and he would expect to fail any drug test with vicodin in his system. Responsibility lies with the driver though, as hard as that seems to someone who feels more like an employee than a proffesional driver.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
SMJ

IF the story is as told, there are some legal issues that could be addressed in several different ways.

But I suspect that this is not a full time driver, only part time. He was driving in an unsafe manner, not to mention swapping lanes at the last second. (can you say speeding?)

All of this gave the big ole bad CHP enough cause to pull him over.

Now, last time I got pulled over, fact is every time I ever got pulled over, they never once asked to look at anything in the truck. Of my personal vehicle either.

So what was this clown doing that made the officer think he was under the influence? Who knows. For sure this clown is not telling. Maybe it was the smell of one of those roll yer own smokes?

But it gave the cop enough cause to start looking for what was causing this guy to act under the influence.

Bottom line, like him or not, Drew hit it on the head. Its everybody elses fault he got busted. No way it could have been his.

And of course, the ole I got it, but then I didnt get it really........Oh and every body said no worries, but then 5 minutes before the hearing they all said I am screwed.

Yeah yeah yeah. Heard all that before.

d

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

They have the choice to read or to flick past the post. If the kid can read the post then they should be old enough to openly discuss homosexuality wether you agree with it or not. They should be taught tolerence.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Ok maybe not bang....but i dont care what tingle tangle david ragan or your ups driver gives you...NO ONE CARES and would prefer you not push your sexuality on us

You need to stop speaking for other people Drewed, less of the we, no one and us statements !

I care !

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
UK

I ,for one other, dont care. Its none of my business. Not until someone tries to inflict their views on me.

My suggestion is that you and sweet whats his name do your caring for each other in private?

As for the subject being appropriate for this site, I dont think so.

btw, I find it interesting you all berate him for his intolerant view, but yet you dont accept his views and he must change? I dont think YOU both are tolerant!

d

I really don't care what anyone's ...orientation is, it is their business. With that in mind, I don't think THIS forum is the place for descriptive innuendo regardless of which way it goes. There have been numerous statements made by men toward women as well as what we have read from sexyupsguy. If one is inappropriate so is the other.
Am I defending the gay lifestyle(for lack of a better term)? NO, I'm not, nor am I condemning. But folks, fair is fair. If a post is out of line with the forum guidelines, it should be edited or removed via the moderators, regardless of the orientation. If the post is not in violations, then it should not be pampered with. Shouldn't we let the Mods make the decision of what is OK?

Note to Drewed, if anyone's posts offend you and they are not beyond the rules, put that poster on ignore and you can pretend sensitive subjects don't exist.

sexyupsman

Look if I have offended anyone I truly apologize. Excuse me for saying one thing about the new NASCAR driver and everyone ran with it. The discussion of sexuality was not intended to piss anyone off. I didnt bring it up, I said my driver was a good looking guy and I even put a post saying how much I love UPS. I was wrong to think that responding to everyones tags to my post was kind of funny and yes a little risque. So Drewed sorry to you and all the kids that may have seen what I said. Believe it or not I really am a human just like the rest of you. So if I hurt your feelings or made you feel inadequate. I got rid of my avatar because of you and still you continued to attack me. I dont know what your problem is but like with most sitiuations like this it is better to leave it alone. So I will not say anything else about me or thoughts on this, you now have the floor to make all your points valid. Waah! The homo will now leave the chat.:peaceful:

browndevil

Look if I have offended anyone I truly apologize. Excuse me for saying one thing about the new NASCAR driver and everyone ran with it. The discussion of sexuality was not intended to piss anyone off. I didnt bring it up, I said my driver was a good looking guy and I even put a post saying how much I love UPS. I was wrong to think that responding to everyones tags to my post was kind of funny and yes a little risque. So Drewed sorry to you and all the kids that may have seen what I said. Believe it or not I really am a human just like the rest of you. So if I hurt your feelings or made you feel inadequate. I got rid of my avatar because of you and still you continued to attack me. I dont know what your problem is but like with most sitiuations like this it is better to leave it alone. So I will not say anything else about me or thoughts on this, you now have the floor to make all your points valid. Waah! The homo will now leave the chat.:peaceful:
Actually I was bummed you got rid of your avatar. It was my goal to get my abs looking like that guy!
Keep on posting buddy. I read all your stuff!

over9five

Staff member
I hope SexyUPSman continues to post. I don't recall any of his posts being out of line.

I have seen posts directed at him that have come close. Please be nice. Bashing (toward anyone) is in violation of BrownCafes TOS.

sexyupsman

UK

I ,for one other, dont care. Its none of my business. Not until someone tries to inflict their views on me.

My suggestion is that you and sweet whats his name do your caring for each other in private?

As for the subject being appropriate for this site, I dont think so.

btw, I find it interesting you all berate him for his intolerant view, but yet you dont accept his views and he must change? I dont think YOU both are tolerant!

d
No you are not correct. I did listen to his opinion I even accepted his idea that my avatar was a bit much and changed it. It was not his opinion, it was his attitude towards me for something I didnt do to offend that is not fair. He took it that way, I acknowledged it and corrected it to his satisfaction. So as you spew your opinion I accept and appreciate it. As long as I do as I am told everyone is happy.