ups bent me over big time and the union...Termination

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Vicodin?! No doctor in his right mind would tell you it's ok to drive on vicodin. Your lucky all you got was a DUI.

If (and that is a BIG if) you get your job back you would be wise to run the straight and narrow for the rest of you career.

hmmmm its a UPS doctor remember, same doctors that told me it would be fine to go back to work with my arm hanging out of its socket !

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No. That guy/girl doesn't ask stupid questions. He/she just speaks like he/she knows something and never does. You know I read a lot more here than I post. I have never once, not even once, seen this clown state a "fact" that was even remotely accurate. He/she speaks based on personal opinion (which is fine), but then carries that over into things he/she knows nothing about.

The reality of this site is that people use it, primarily, to gain info or voice their PERSONAL opinions. Sometimes people blend the two and state something inaccurate. Such is the nature of human communication. I just laugh when a person manages to do it EVERY SINGLE time they convey a message that isn't about their personal viewpoint. I try not to speak this bluntly... but.... in other words, Sleeve is an incompetent buffoon that rarely (I am convinced never) has accurate information about factual matters.

where's your facts?

Last edited:

Dark_Team_135

Man...If this case is exactly the way this guy says it is, then it is total B.S. that he was fired:

1) The COMPANY doctor gave him the meds and sent him back to work! If the company doctor has no idea what the rules are for driving, how the @&#^$ is this driver supposed to know.

2) I just happen to have a bottle of VICODIN here (actually the generic Hydrocodone/apap 5/mg/500mg Tabs) and it says: May cause drowsiness. Alcohol may intensify this effect. USE CARE WHEN OPERATING A CAR OR DANGEROUS MACHINERY. It doesn't say you can't operate a vehicle of any kind...So if there is a DOT regulation against it, the UPS Doctor (aka Quack) should have told the driver and NOT released him to work.

3) It is bad enough that UPS fires drivers for B.S. accidents like breaking mirrors, cracking windshields on tree branches, etc. NOW we have people saying they should be fired even when they DON'T have an accident "Well because he could have had an accident if only there had been some cars in the lanes he crossed and someone's mom or kids COULD have been in them".

4) Had the guy tried to call in because he was not feeling up to working then UPS would want to fire him for being absent...You just can't win...:whiteflag:

sexyupsman

Part of the problem of the problem with you is youre throwing you sexuality at us....I dont care whod you bang, whos hot, what festivities you do on cruises and whatever you choose to do in your personal life, thank you for your support of UPS but if id put up a thread about who id bang id be belittling women...you should see it the same way, sooo cool it on the banging guys thing in the group.... alot of people here have little eyes and rather not have them read such things.
First of all I didnt say anything about banging anyone! You projected your BS onto me. So you need to rethink your thoughts and feelings because what you said was wrong. Grow up dude the world doesnt revolve around you and what you think.

tieguy

Banned
Your right Tie.
It does depend on the amount of meds he was on though, and if the UPS doctor released him back to full duty and his center team knew they should at least put him back in the Hub If what he says is true of course. Im taking him on his word until proven different

Well if his story is true then he can sue his doctor and never have to work again. Somehow between the doctor and the pharmacy I think he got the drowsiness warning.

tieguy

Banned
Man...If this case is exactly the way this guy says it is, then it is total B.S. that he was fired:

1) The COMPANY doctor gave him the meds and sent him back to work! If the company doctor has no idea what the rules are for driving, how the @&#^$ is this driver supposed to know.

2) I just happen to have a bottle of VICODIN here (actually the generic Hydrocodone/apap 5/mg/500mg Tabs) and it says: May cause drowsiness. Alcohol may intensify this effect. USE CARE WHEN OPERATING A CAR OR DANGEROUS MACHINERY. It doesn't say you can't operate a vehicle of any kind...So if there is a DOT regulation against it, the UPS Doctor (aka Quack) should have told the driver and NOT released him to work.

3) It is bad enough that UPS fires drivers for B.S. accidents like breaking mirrors, cracking windshields on tree branches, etc. NOW we have people saying they should be fired even when they DON'T have an accident "Well because he could have had an accident if only there had been some cars in the lanes he crossed and someone's mom or kids COULD have been in them".

4) Had the guy tried to call in because he was not feeling up to working then UPS would want to fire him for being absent...You just can't win...:whiteflag:

you guys are so gullible. The guy got a prescription from his doctor for a narcotic. He recieved the narcotic with the drowsiness warning and chose to ignore it. He would have been ok if he had driven well. Instead he was observed driving erratically by a police officer. He was then given a citation and once ups found out he was dui they fired him. Standard policy to protect the public at large against our people driving under the influence. But you company haters keep trying to spin this some other way. I hope your family is never killed by someone driving under the influence.

Ms.PacMan

Vicodin?! No doctor in his right mind would tell you it's ok to drive on vicodin. Your lucky all you got was a DUI.

Vicodin is the exact medication I have that I am allowed to take while working. I thought the same thing about no doctor in his right mind would okay this med for driving so I called the DOT. It's perfectly fine they said as long as I have a prescription and the doctor has okayed it.

I personally don't take it at work because I feel too relaxed and I don't want this kind of hassle should anything happen.

Everyone needs to quit quoting the label warnings - it is perfectly legal and DOT approved to take this medication as prescribed, under a doctor's care, and drive a commercial vehicle if doctor approved once again.

UPSGUY72

I’m wondering Adam you got pulled over for cutting across two lanes of traffic. Then wouldn't the cop have asked you why did you cut across two lanes of traffic and given you ticket for careless operation. I sense that you cut people off and almost hit someone.

The Cop must of noticed that you where under the influence of something and gave you sobriety test that you failed.

I know one thing that if I get pulled over buy a cop he isn't going into my package car until I call back to the center.

Anyways how many vicidon did you take that day? How long have you been taken them?

Are you addicted to them if so then it might be easier to get your job back by admitting that and getting help?

REMEMBER IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU THAN YOU SHOULD ASK FOR THEIR OPINION.

Dark_Team_135

you guys are so gullible. The guy got a prescription from his doctor for a narcotic. He recieved the narcotic with the drowsiness warning and chose to ignore it. He would have been ok if he had driven well. Instead he was observed driving erratically by a police officer. He was then given a citation and once ups found out he was dui they fired him. Standard policy to protect the public at large against our people driving under the influence. But you company haters keep trying to spin this some other way. I hope your family is never killed by someone driving under the influence.

First off it wasn't HIS doctor it was a UPS doctor (Worker's Comp. injury no less). Secondly read the post right below this gem of yours where Ms.PacMan says they are ALLOWED to be taking vicodin as long as they have a prescription and the doctor has okayed it per the DOT.

If he had a problem it should be the UPS doctor that is fired, not him.

I am not a company hater. I am a "fire people first, ask questions later - or never - hater...

Last edited:

jennie

This is so crazy, you can not drive while taking vitocin, and I do not believe that he only took what was prescribed. You can tell the way he types, lol, that just me.
Why would he even start such a thread, anyway!

Dark_Team_135

This is so crazy, you can not drive while taking vitocin, and I do not believe that he only took what was prescribed. You can tell the way he types, lol, that just me.
Why would he even start such a thread, anyway!

Hahaha a couple things here...first off you CAN drive while taking vicodin (just read some of the posts here before you type) and secondly you are making fun of the way he types while you are calling VICODIN...VITOCIN. I guess you are just being sarcastic. :happy-very:

drewed

Shankman
First of all I didnt say anything about banging anyone! You projected your BS onto me. So you need to rethink your thoughts and feelings because what you said was wrong. Grow up dude the world doesnt revolve around you and what you think.

Ok maybe not bang....but i dont care what tingle tangle david ragan or your ups driver gives you...NO ONE CARES and would prefer you not push your sexuality on us