UPS My Choice signup concerns

Oktoberfest

Ok so as I was signing up for UPS My Choice, there was a section where it asks you to answer a few questions to Verify your Identity...

It asked me: what county I live in now. What month my brother's birthday is (using his correct name), and what city I used to live in.

Now what I'm asking is: how did it get that information?

All I did was enter my name, email address, and apartment address. The e-mail I used is relatively new and unused, and I only recently moved to this apartment less than a year ago.

So how did UPS know my brother's name and his birth date, along with where I used to live?

Sorry I did just sign up for the forum to ask this question.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ok so as I was signing up for UPS My Choice, there was a section where it asks you to answer a few questions to Verify your Identity...

It asked me: what county I live in now. What month my brother's birthday is (using his correct name), and what city I used to live in.

All I did was enter my name, email address, and apartment address. The e-mail I used is relatively new and unused, and I only recently moved to this apartment less than a year ago.

So how did UPS know my brother's name and his birth date, along with where I used to live?

This information is available from several companies such as D&B, ChoicePoint, etc. Big Brother knows a lot.
UPS does not actually have this info ... it is passed through UPS systems from these 3rd party vendors and your answers back to them.
They then give a Pass or Fail.

The purpose is to protect you and shippers so that your inbound shipments are not diverted to a criminal.

S

serenity now

So I was reading your question...............

They even know that you drink mass quantities of beer in the autumn. Shocking

Do you have an IPhone??