What happened after the 97 strike was over?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I saved every bit of propaganda BS flyers that the company handed out during the strike. if you need to be reminded how dirty this company is reread those flyers.

.you will see why we needed Ron Carey at that time.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A scab is a traitor.
He/she ignores the orders of the majority/elected leadership if it suits their own goals/purposes.

The Scab
by Jack London,(1876-1916)

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue.

Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with.

Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage.

Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver.

Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British army.

The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country.

A scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Scab
by Jack London,(1876-1916)

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue.

Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with.

Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage.

Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver.

Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British army.

The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country.

A scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.
Ironic that the Atheist turns to The Bible for inspiration and explanation.

Mr Shifter

I saved every bit of propaganda BS flyers that the company handed out during the strike. if you need to be reminded how dirty this company is reread those flyers.

.you will see why we needed Ron Carey at that time.

Can you please upload pictures? I'd love! to see these. I'm very interested in how this went down. This company had a lot of history that should be documented. I have a copy of a flyer where my hub has started hiring full time drivers off the street. I've never heard of such a thing here happening since the 70/80s
Sent using BrownCafe App

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've told many people over the last ten years that I couldn't/wouldn't be a UPS driver the way it is today. I think one of the main reasons is when I was working we were a close knit group who worked together, played together, stood up to management together, and basically look out for each other. From what I see going on at my old center now its every man for himself.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
After day 3 the NYPD had to set up a mobile command unit across the street due to the violence...Once the trucks pulled out the gates it got ugly.
Still to this day I remember, me, a pretty big guy ,and my buddy Steve even bigger followed a scab carrying our strike signs into an elevator , he stared at the ground the whole time while we stared at him, he @turdfergusoned in his pants that day. He didn't cross the line the next day........

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Still to this day I remember, me, a pretty big guy ,and my buddy Steve even bigger followed a scab carrying our strike signs into an elevator , he stared at the ground the whole time while we stared at him, he @turdfergusoned in his pants that day. He didn't cross the line the next day........
The supervisors learned real quickly to leave their drivers door closed due the barrage of piss bottles heading their way...

govols019

You smell that?
We had two PT's cross the line.....both long since fired. Idiots.

We never got mad at our supervisors for trying to deliver during the strike...they were just doing their job.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435520764.752889.jpg

We had four drivers cross among the three Centers in my Hub at the time. The two guys both quit within a year after the strike, they weren't liked at all. One woman already had her letter of intent in and went into management. The other woman lasted a few years before she had to retire because of injuries. The company lost a lot of volume because Fedex got into the ground business by buying RPS out and our commercial ground was targeted first.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Why use my imagination when I can receive first hand accounts of what transpired?
Well , for one. I know of several things that happened and I am not going to post them, I'll say this, imagine a little lake fish pretending to be a shark , taking the sharks food all day, swimming about his day actually runs into a hungry pack of sharks. The end.

Do you sit in your truck before PCM and plan your whole day? Every center has a few of those guys lol.
Which part of "I show up for work just before my start time" didn't you understand?

Why are you on this site then?
I hardly think 130 posts qualifies me as a regular on this site. I stop by every now and then to see what's going on. Remember, I don't hang out and socialize at work.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
What is this babble?

Which politicians make a mockery of every picket
line?

Conservatives? Because that's who I vote for.

Democrats are job killing machines.

And how hard is it to be union in a declining job market?

Jobs are growing in states with conservatives running their states.

And not by coincidence, union jobs are growing in states run by conservatives.

Sounds to me, that you supporting those job killing Democrats, that YOU make a mockery of every picket line we put up.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435534783.854798.jpg

newfie

I walked the picket lines for over a week, then I found some work the union hall fixed me up with for a couple of days, then it was settled.

Isn't that kind of like crossing the line? I mean if the company hired other workers then that would be using scabs? Wouldn't it be the same if you go work another job?

Last edited by a moderator: